Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Wilding crew

This isn't a suggestion for the developers, but for the user base (the people who actually read these posts)

The idea is for any players who are interested to form groups that will find locations where abandoned deeds, rift battles, or imp-alongs have left unnatural scars on the land, and tidy them up.

How to do so: (this could be partial or complete, to give the impression of natural weathering and decay — or to remove things altogether)

• removing the paving on roads, house sites, and paved slopes 
  • smoothing out the edges of level areas
  • destroying any remaining furniture such as storage bins, looms, beds.

With some experienced and skilled players, (plus less experienced but equally willing helpers), this work could be done in good time, and possibly people would have a fun get together too?

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Sheffie said:

This isn't a suggestion for the developers, but for the user base (the people who actually read these posts)

Fair enough, I stopped reading there.

• Like 2

I'm currently in the middle of a project of such relation on Celebration but this is something I have done a few times over the years.  I have it in my head to work on the great southern steppe in Celebration's Southwest quadrant next year.  I'd welcome anyone that wants to accomplish tasks like these in helping.

I go by Renaturalization LLC  :P

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

From the people  I know that have done this, it takes a lot of time. It would be better if the devs gave us something to work with.

Right  now it  is easy to make a flat raise with level, but it is harder to bring it down.  We should have some features that allow us to more quickly bring down down flat raises. Of course on the pvp servers this could be used to make a passage way through the enemy dirt walls.

I do see the history side of things as well.  I also see how bad some areas of the maps have gotten to the point they absolutely no longer resemble anything on existing maps, even the yearly dumps.

I personally go about it with the mindset that what I do gives new purpose to the areas I fix because it allows new players to find what looks like brand new lands. I still remember in 2011 having that excited feeling of making my first deed in a spot that had never seen player hands :)

Thebisland I live on in Cele has a spot I have fixed twice before, and even now a new player is settling it again.  They had no idea anyone used to live there, and that makes me feel good.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 3