Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Archiving/closing threads with votes

Should forum users be allowed to vote and close/archive threads?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should forum users be allowed to vote and close/archive threads?

Should forum users be allowed to vote and close/archive threads?

What do you think?

• Like 2

+1

This is much better than what I was going to suggest which was taking the ability for certain usernames to create threads :P Which is a bit harsh lol

31 minutes ago, Darnok said:

But forum alts will be banned first? 🙂

If they can find a way to implement any of your ideas they can find a way to ensure people don't use alts for voting ;)

• Like 1

On a forum I used to go onto, there was such a thing as prommies. Or popular users 👑 Like a school in a way. 

They got all of the attention and people kissed their butt's and agreed with what they said or followed along with them. 🤩👏

Being able to vote to close topics for the normal user would mean that, that same system or mindset of popularity would come into play.  It would also mean that if some people do not like someone or some kind of topic then it would get shut down.  Like censorship.  So censorship + playing favourites. 

I feel that it is best to just leave it in the hands of the mods to police the forum. Don't need the shut down police out in force too. 👮‍♂️👮‍♀️🚨🚔

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 1

Nope.  If you don't like the idea, leave it be and let sink through pages.

If you don't like the person posting the idea, well, tough.  Learn to live in an adult world.  (That isn't directed at any particular individual - just stating a principle).

• Like 5

I do not think that this is the right way, ostracizing unpopular proposals. While most unpopular suggestions are indeed crap, as the cause for this idea impressively demonstrates, suggestions should be evaluated by the staff, so do the comments triggered by them.

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say"

you like "game of thrones"

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

R.I.P. Freedom Harbor

• Like 1