Sign in to follow this  
Navidson

Large Clay Amphora Skill Requirement

The page for the Large Clay Amphora is missing the skill requirement to attempt making it.

The discussion page for it has this noted: There is a 6% chance to create at 34 pottery skill.

This should probably be added to the main page for it :) 

• Like 2

you should talk to neene about it @Goldfinchlook at the page history, looks like neene removed it before. same thing for the small amphora.

Edited by Tpikol

this was imo the most useful part of the wikki thats getting removed. the wikki itself is a very large guide. if list a tool ql matters then set the standard for ql based on the ql of the starter tools or a flat 30ql tool with 20ql materials or something if there is a set standard then the info is more useful. but not having a min skill level listed and getting to 0% chance to make 30+ skill with some items when the wikki doesn't say min level required decent or even moderately high materials is misleading because at that point there IS a min level. new players or even players that have been around awhile kinda get demoralized when the info states they should be able to make it but in reality you need like 90ql mats to make it at a low 10- 30 skill level and in some cases 50+ skill 90ql mats and that isnt a reasonable expectation that people will automatically know. they kinda need that here is the bar min to make it not 0%  when making something. things like the bcu that have a hard skill requirement but at that skill its 0% and CAN be made at 0% because for whatever reason thats a bug just confuses things.

please rethink or discuss updating the wikki policy. a guide that would have all this info would be next to impossible to navigate when you are looking for one item. and every wikki page would need to link to that guide for players that done even know the guide exists ( which it doesnt at this point adn the easist way to make that guide would have been from the wikki pages). A heads up we are removing this stuff thats been on the pages a while so back it up or collect into a guide warning would have been a great way to get a guide going on it. but they I assume have to start from scratch when that info use to be available. its how I knew the basics of what ql i needed to make my knarr at 40 skill. ( dont it sucks to get things to attach at that level)

there use to be info on how much of an item you lost when you failed as well and I am not seeing it on pages anymore either when I go looking and thats a hard coded number. please let the wikki be more then "this item exists" I am goal motivated many are there is no goal or base target to that.

to be on topic I want to make Large Clay Amphora's now that I can make wax sealing kits but I hate grinding pottery and this info would have ( is) important.

I hve tried to skill pottery up to make these a couple times and I keep hitting the point where I am frustrated because the materials are not getting me anywhere with the ql of clay I had available.

but!

also continuing my knarr example THIS is on the page : "Knarrs show in the creation list when cogs are between 13% and 14%, and corbitas are at 27%"   <-- this are based on the ql of materials since they factor into the creation chance of the cogs and corbita's so this is indirectly dependant on ql of the items to get min chance not level of skill. " To view creation chance see keel section, as the quality of the passive keel used in creation largely factors into % chance." which is not any dif then the soft minimum requirement lines that list what ql you get the creation chance above 0% at. and!

for the keel :" Requires some ship building skill to build. If you don't have the option, make a few tenons first. " if it requires some skill to build then there should be a bare min hard skill listed.

I went to shipbuilding

"Once your skill has reached 10-15, you may create the keel sections with decent success rate" I assume this is the spot where min ql of the materials factor in even if it doesnt state it.

at this points its all just doing a giant circle of refer to [item page] and that item page basicly sending you back to where you started.

from the op's post I would love to know what ql the clay was to get that 6%. but just knowing I could get 6% at 34 was endlessly useful.

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 3

i wish they would listen but as you can see here:

i tried and they just assumed i hate them instead of understanding that i want the wiki to be better and that's why it seems like im mad about it.

but i don't just blame the current wiki staff, i also blame people like me, i was there and had the chance to become one of the first wiki team members when it started but i didn't want to.

Edited by Tpikol