Thource

[Released] Thource's Third Person Mod

Hi!

I've made a modification on top of Tomgr's third person mod (https://github.com/tgrkzus/wurm-thirdperson), mainly to address a couple personal gripes I had with it, but also with the intention of improving it further.

Current improvements:

• Fixed headbob causing the camera to do funky dance moves (v1.2.1)
  • The camera now rotates around the player, instead of the floor (v1.2.0)
  • Stopped xoffset skewing towards the center when pointing the camera up and down (v1.2.0)
  • Doubled the maximum zoom out range (v1.2.0)

Possible future improvements:

• Save config (enabled, zoom level, xoffset)
  • ?

If you're coming from Tomgr's version:

• The toggle command has changed from `toggle tp` to `tp toggle`.
  • These mods are not designed to work together, this mod is a replacement. Please remove the other third person mod when you install this one.

Source and download instructions: https://github.com/Thource/thources-third-person-mod

Edited by Thource
Released new version v1.2.1
  • Like 4

Awesome mod makes third person a lot smoother

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, when you turn the camera, does the characters vision change as well? 

One issue with 3rd person in WO is that it doesnt update when you enter 3rd person, so aiming for archery/blocking/fighting is all messed up because of it. 

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

Out of curiosity, when you turn the camera, does the characters vision change as well? 

One issue with 3rd person in WO is that it doesnt update when you enter 3rd person, so aiming for archery/blocking/fighting is all messed up because of it. 

Yes, I think that this is fixed within this mod. Didn't tested it with fighting though but looks promising.

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

Yeah, this mod uses your player's rotation to set the camera's position, so your character will always be looking where the camera is pointing.

Edited by Thource

This mod is awesome. Was wondering if anyone has found a way to bind "tp toggle" to the "v" key like Wurm Online?

You can do bind y "something something" to bind any command. So bind y "tp toggle" would work.

Thanks. I did figure it out this weekend.  I was pretty sure I had already tried parenthesis, but I guess not.