Synjor

Rerun Old Loyalty Skins

Recommended Posts

I bet old loyalty skins would bring more money to the game in long term, than VR that gonna make one-time money grab from people that come to try it and then left dissapointed...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, brattygirl said:

Another alternative is making a random skin purchase. Kind of like how you can buy a random jackal skin. Have it cost the same amount of marks and you get one of the previous monthly skins at random. 

 

Yes! Because this game defo needs more RNG! No thank you.
Just make the items craftable from the start, stop this microtransaction thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loyalty skins need to be more available than "each player can afford one month's skin with one month's worth of Marks and that is it"

 

That's all there is to it really.

 

There's lots of ways around this.

  • buying a skin could get you an item with three charges, like a tome
  • skins could be recovered perhaps using a special tool available from a trader for silver
  • Marks could be sold in the Shop
  • skins could be sold in the Shop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly selling the skins for cash directly feels tacky. They're meant to be a loyalty reward. 

 

I'd just rather see old skins purchasable for silver or marks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Archaed said:

Honestly selling the skins for cash directly feels tacky. They're meant to be a loyalty reward. 

 

I'd just rather see old skins purchasable for silver or marks 

How is purchasing for cash different than marks or silver? Other than doing cash cuts out the middleman. Nothing stopping you from buying silver. Then buying the skin. Same for marks. Since it is traceable there will be people selling for silver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The marks we get is a reward  the skin we buy with marks ....its not a reward to buy something  so if we buy it with silver or marks is no difrence  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maiya said:

The marks we get is a reward  the skin we buy with marks ....its not a reward to buy something  so if we buy it with silver or marks is no difrence  

 

Perfect quote to summarise the thread. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The jackal skins can be bought for marks. No one would argue that those are a subscriber reward - because they were previously available as a Jackal reward. 

 

Clearly, then, it is reasonable to see skins that were previously available only as a reward become available for purchase at a later date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaand another bump

 

Randomly select a skin older than 1 year and sell it for 1.5x the original value alongside that months new skin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cashcow is in the yard and mooing.  If only someone would do something about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told they want to do it but they want to find a way to do so without destroying the resale market.

Personally, I feel the skins should be looked at for their value in player customization, rather than their extremely inflated value in a very very small market; a market so small, you ask yourself "are there even any tokens left out there?!" There's also the issue of NFI players seeing the skin in the growing list on the wiki, looking to buy it, only to then find out that it was never available to anyone on their cluster.

The only other suggestion I can think of to eliminate the market impact of a rerun, would be to render a reran skin untradeable. But that seems highly unnecessary to me, considering skins would still maintain a solid value after they've become unavailable for purchase again, and could even be bumped up to 1.5x cost.

 

But again, why are we so concerned with maintaining a cosmetic skins value in a currency that it wasn't even sold for to begin with

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, Synjor said:

I was told they want to do it but they want to find a way to do so without destroying the resale market.

Personally, I feel the skins should be looked at for their value in player customization, rather than their extremely inflated value in a very very small market; a market so small, you ask yourself "are there even any tokens left out there?!" There's also the issue of NFI players seeing the skin in the growing list on the wiki, looking to buy it, only to then find out that it was never available to anyone on their cluster.

The only other suggestion I can think of to eliminate the market impact of a rerun, would be to render a reran skin untradeable. But that seems highly unnecessary to me, considering skins would still maintain a solid value after they've become unavailable for purchase again, and could even be bumped up to 1.5x cost.

 

But again, why are we so concerned with maintaining a cosmetic skins value in a currency that it wasn't even sold for to begin with

 

I think that there is no resale market — until there's a way to recover a skin from the item it's on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one side I like exclusivity of skins. Kinda like RS party hats.

 

On the other hands think about 10 years from now we will be having 120 new skins bloating the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2022 at 6:31 AM, Ecrir said:

I'd love to see these added to the traders at a reasonable silver cost after a year or so (probably somewhere between 5-10 silver?). This way you can get them early through the mark store, but if you missed one then you can eventually buy it. They could even give different silver costs to different skins by looking at the average market price of a skin and then setting the silver price at the trader accordingly.

 

The worst thing they could really do is add these skins as random options, as every month a new skin is added, making it more and more impossible to get the skin you want. I hope they never do this because lootboxes like that are the absolute worst thing in gaming.

 

This is the way to do it.  You preserve the resale market for a period of time for anyone who missed it, wants it, and doesn't want to wait the year or more until it becomes available on a trader.  And you make available old skins that new players may want to purchase.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now