Sign in to follow this  
Synjor

Rerun Old Loyalty Skins

There's a few benefits keeping the skins a one month only item.

One benefit is that players have to buy premium to get the item, or even premiums to get more than one skin. Limited time benefit for the company. 

Another benefit is that as it's impossible to get the item other than from other players, in-game silvers are needed, not all, but atleast some of those silvers from some of the in-game buyers have to be bought from the shop. Limited time benefit for that item again for the company (on that particular item).

Still..... it's possible to buy premium and silver, incl combinations, in the shop, why not skins too. Keep the current monthly skin for marks an in-game item only. As a new skin is launched the former moves to the shop for a price the company see fit.

Which i said sometimes in September is still valid, more so than ever. The staff of the Dragon skin i've seen go for 10-12 silvers a few times on SFI by now, no doubt it'll become even more expensive in the future, some other items less so. 

Get that app running (or created) that monitors Trade and have items in the Shop for sale for 25-50% more than ingame, giving everybody a chance to buy it. Won't destroy the in-game market this way - only open up the possibility for players the spend on what used to be impossible, and thereby increase revenue even further. 

Or even use this oppotunity to sell other less desired skins at a reduced promotion price, oppotunities are endless really, 

All this said, i wouldnt like to see this implemented to the wrong items such as recently seen in auction - Blood of Angels (charge)- clearly a rather unique item that used up a lot of in-game currency, which again had to come from somewhere. In-game maybe, but if thats the case others will have bought silvers using rl money. Balance has to be right but surely there's a revenue here for the company if it's done right :) 

Or open web shop for items/skins and dump all old ones and some new exclusive skins for real cash on the spot purchase only, not possible to buy with laying around silver/marks?

While keeping marks and monthly 1 skin as they are/or add more skins if it's profitable or burns marks and people keep repremming for long time to bulk on marks...

I guess people need to accept this game will keep creating things that u can't get it anymore except trade with other players. Aka old version of forge, 50kg large anvil, event and monthly skins/items, etc. 

It is possible to get the items if u are willing to exchange with certain amount of silvers or something. I see there are no reasons they will bring old version of forge and 50 kg large anvil back. Maybe they will bring back the event and monthly skins/items, but things like those forge and large anvil will always be there. 

From my experience through the entire wurming time, i got an offer from a person who willing to buy a previous monthly skin for 98s+, what do u think? From what i saw, the person was torturing or suffering when we negotiated.

Well, seeing those monthly skins keep replacing every month is refreshing. People should not assume those things are no longer obtainable, until they announce it publicly. 

It's about exclusivity. No, please do not "reprint" skins.

That would be like remaking gnomes and anything else that is now long gone. The value of those items then goes into the dumps because, well, they're not exclusive anymore. They are common.

If anything is remade, it should have a mark indicating it is a remake, like irl.

Don't kill exclusivity and value because some people didn't get an item when it was initially available.

As for me, I am aware there are plenty of items I'd like to have that are now exclusive and valuable because they don't just grow on trees for anyone to get, and I know that to now own a piece of that exclusivity and value, I will need luck, effort, and coin.

It's the same reason you can't just print money and expect it to hold value.

- Economics 101.

Edited by MordosKull

The analogy here's isn't banknotes, but diamonds.

The question is whether artificially induced scarcity is a good thing for a community, for a game, for a developer.

I remember when I worked at Funcom they produced a suit made of cloth-of-gold. Purely a cosmetic item. No gameplay benefit whatsoever. And in an item store where most things cost $2-5, it cost $100. And people bought it. Great. One or two players really enjoyed strutting about with their exclusive suits.

Until the company had a sale, and everything was 90% off for one day. Suddenly a whole lot more people are walking about in flashy gold suits. Oh no, hear the wails of the whales who thought their bits had value that they did not. Caveat emptor. Economics 201

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1

To be honest it really is up to Wurm Devs. It would be an AWESEOME way to gain some funds to expand the development force if they wanted to do so. it is all a matter of balances in survival

U just don't tell people it is gone forever or it will reprint again? Naughty again 💯

Well, if it can be reprinted, that means u bought the amount of time to show off or being exclusive or something before the reprint. Enjoy those moment😏

I'd love to see these added to the traders at a reasonable silver cost after a year or so (probably somewhere between 5-10 silver?). This way you can get them early through the mark store, but if you missed one then you can eventually buy it. They could even give different silver costs to different skins by looking at the average market price of a skin and then setting the silver price at the trader accordingly.

The worst thing they could really do is add these skins as random options, as every month a new skin is added, making it more and more impossible to get the skin you want. I hope they never do this because lootboxes like that are the absolute worst thing in gaming.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

The skin itself does not really have any "loyalty" value, because it (or the skinned item) can be traded freely.

Artsy and devsy people have spent time to make those skins. This work deserves to be more widely available than just a month.

We're always happy to see more visual variety, so I fully agree these skins should/could be in cash shop, or even in the marks shop, for reasonably increased base price.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 1:27 PM, Coach said:

Aka old version of forge,

What forge is that you talk about ?

Ive been here since 2008 and I never seen any other forge then what we got today, except the new ones we can  make in different material

5 minutes ago, Maiya said:

What forge is that you talk about ?

Ive been here since 2008 and I never seen any other forge then what we got today, except the new ones we can  make in different material

The old forges used to be called "Stone Forge" and they also used to look a lot different. The same with ovens.

2 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

The old forges used to be called "Stone Forge" and they also used to look a lot different. The same with ovens.

hmmm was this before 2008 or its just me dont rember the name since I say forge only ?

3 minutes ago, Maiya said:

hmmm was this before 2008 or its just me dont rember the name since I say forge only ?

I do not recall when they exactly changed name, but it was definitely later then 2008. 

• Like 1

I for one appreciate the current system. I believe it's important for the devs and game master to protect the various ideals/values they (and they're past selves) decided on. I haven't played long but I have seen a few valuable skins come and go. I may have bought extras to sell at a future date. That in my opinion is the "loyalty" value . I was here when it was available and others were not. The idea that the devs might change the system in the future could lower the value of all skins past present and future.

58 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

I do not recall when they exactly changed name, but it was definitely later then 2008. 

well me and my bad memory :) 

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

Yeah, I have one of those that I found somewhere

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:07 AM, Jeston said:

I want that large chest skin that was released in southern isles right before the northern steam release, at least give it to people who have non-stop sub for over a year instead of that useless spyglass

April Events - City Hall - Wurm Online Forum

Just so you know the spyglass isn't entirely useless. It can be quite handy as a scope of sorts in archery.

Granted archery has fallen out of usage sort of again these days... But one never knows.

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 2

As someone who wasn't playing during some of the skin releases. +1. From a business stand point, absolutely no reason not to, people talk about exclusivity, who exactly is it exclusive for and for what purpose? Player count has diminished and continues to diminish, so adding another money sink(essentially) through the rewards store for previously released skins is a no brainer.

• Like 1

Exclusivity means a return on investment for those who speculated by buying extra skins when they were available.

So what you're saying is it benefits only the person who decided to buy 10 and sell them at exorbitant prices. 

Okay.

• Like 1

You gotta love how we're simulating the scalping ( nods at PS5 debacle) business in Wurm. But then again "some" companies have their entire business model built on this petty ######. 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, Sheffie said:

Exclusivity means a return on investment for those who speculated by buying extra skins when they were available.

Ah, so the issue is wanting "speculation" to be no risk.  Well, it aint.  These were meant to be rewards for spending money on the game, not just another profiteering opportunity for those who think you can win Wurm.  If someone spent a lot of money to get a lot extra skins, then what they have is exactly what they can expect to have.

I have sold skins in-game, and I have always formulated the price to be the actual silver-equivalent cost  to me (or lower in some cases).  I don't really have a problem with people trying to cash in a bit when the opportunity is there, but they have absolutely no right to expect that opportunity to be protected for them.  

There was never any claim made when offering these that they were intended to be exclusive in any way other than "exclusively available to everybody who buys them".

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

These were meant to be rewards for spending money on the game, not just another profiteering opportunity for those who think you can win Wurm.

Well said. 

It's just an item people want, people are willing to pay money for  it, the company can make money from this thing...why is this discussion so difficult. Just put them on the Wurm store for like 1.99 Euros or something and be done with it. 

This is needlessly complicated. Marks should be separated from this skin thing, imho. 

• Like 1