Sign in to follow this  
Synjor

Rerun Old Loyalty Skins

Now that loyalty skins have been released for over a year, could we please start seeing a rerun of an older skin each month along with the new one? 

Even if it's like 1.5x the original cost, having a way to get older skins again would be great for those of us that either missed them, or just couldn't get them due to them being released before NFI.

• Like 16

I want that large chest skin that was released in southern isles right before the northern steam release, at least give it to people who have non-stop sub for over a year instead of that useless spyglass

April Events - City Hall - Wurm Online Forum

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 7

But that's their value: get now or they are gone forever.

Basically you're asking to depreciate skins people have.

• Like 1

Or just not artificially make them "a limited time offer" ? 

This isn't a factory where we only have X materials to create 100 unique bottles of a certain alloy with a certain design.

It's just pieces of code. 

Just release them and have people buy them. There's clearly a demand for them and it literally costs the company nothing, it only brings them profit. 

And how exactly does it depreciate the skins people have? 

People take breaks from wurm, they come back 6 months - a year later and find out they've missed out on some cool stuff. 90% of the time however they can find said stuff on the market. Exceptions tend to be skins since few people buy many copies of them. 

It's not fortnite where you can have a limited offer skin and know 1 million people will rush to buy them.

This is wurm where we have around 2000 total players and there's no reason at this point to NOT accommodate your shrinking playerbase's requests. 

• Like 6

Another alternative is making a random skin purchase. Kind of like how you can buy a random jackal skin. Have it cost the same amount of marks and you get one of the previous monthly skins at random. 

• Like 2

We already have a random skin purchase from the marks shop with the random gift option was it called? In any case, maybe it's just me but I am tired as heck of RNG mechanics in Wurm. I just want to click a window, know what's going to happen and be happy with my purchase. No rng, no surprises, just a happy customer. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, elentari said:

I just want to click a window, know what's going to happen and be happy with my purchase.

And i want to show off with items people who came later don't have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Molfar said:

But that's their value: get now or they are gone forever.

Basically you're asking to depreciate skins people have.

Hard disagree. 

If we were discussing something that has an impact on gameplay, I'd understand. That's why we haven't seen bok's or mbok's again. Cosmetics that are a simple currency exchange to acquire have no place in being timed exclusives. 

Paying 1.5x the original price for a rerun seems fair to maintain some value to older skins.

3 hours ago, elentari said:

We already have a random skin purchase from the marks shop with the random gift option was it called? In any case, maybe it's just me but I am tired as heck of RNG mechanics in Wurm. I just want to click a window, know what's going to happen and be happy with my purchase. No rng, no surprises, just a happy customer. 

The random skin purchase only gives the Jackal skins. But I agree, I'd rather pay 1.5x the original price than have to screw with another rng system just for a simple cosmetic.

• Like 1

it's possible to buy premium and silver, incl combinations, in the shop, why not skins too. Keep the current monthly skin for marks an in-game item only. As a new skin is launched the former moves to the shop for a price the company see fit.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Elrohiir said:

it's possible to buy premium and silver, incl combinations, in the shop, why not skins too. Keep the current monthly skin for marks an in-game item only. As a new skin is launched the former moves to the shop for a price the company see fit.

if you are looking for a specific skin i could see having this as a possibility, depending on how well the shop interacts with the game database. i totally could see a php script showing a list of all skins, then a specific EU amount for each one. and ya, some of the more complex skins could cost a bit more. 

this would be a good substitution for getting skins in game if you havent had the ability to play or be in game lately, and allows new players to get some of the old skins as well..

heck we could make a specific part of the shop the "skins shop". only old skins, not the current monthly one: basically a database of skins with pictures and costs.

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 1

What if you could buy a 2021-Q1 box with 1 of the 3 skins selected at random?

Or a 2020Yearly box at a lower cost for more random and older skins?

The price could be higher for the most recent quarter and slightly lower for previous ones.

I'd pay $100 for a batch of all the old skins, one go, one big microtransaction. 

Please no, the one-and-done aspect is my favorite part of the skins thing.

The more we can do to make things that are unique the better.

• Like 2

Cosmetic items / vanity items should be available for purchase for real money.

Whether that's done by putting them in a Marks store (and letting people buy marks) — or having traders sell them for silver — or any other mechanism — I don't care.

The devs are just shooting themselves in the wallet if they don't allow this.

• Like 2

Please bring old skins back. I'd love to stop spamming trade looking for the trident skin.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2021 at 2:46 AM, Molfar said:

And i want to show off with items people who came later don't have.

I have never really understood "I only win if someone else loses".   It's why I prefer to play co-operatively instead of competitively.  Yes, it is nice to have distinctive stuff, but if it is only to show it off in "I have it and you don't/can't" kind of way then I don't see the point.  If it is disctinctive, rare, difficult to or expensive to get, then it become aspirational, which is a good thing. If it is impossible to get, it isn't doing anyone any good.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, zethreal said:

Please bring old skins back. I'd love to stop spamming trade looking for the trident skin.

Just go spend 5 years practicing your java skills and writing WU mods so you can apply for the dev team and then ask for a trident skin for your christmas gift.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, TheTrickster said:

I have never really understood "I only win if someone else loses".   It's why I prefer to play co-operatively instead of competitively.

Ya, winning is always better if people you know win too, its too lonely at the top.

4 hours ago, Tomatoes said:

Ya, winning is always better if people you know win too, its too lonely at the top.

Sometimes its better to lose than have to join a bad team.

• Like 1

but u all want rares ,  how is that different from those of us who have a hard to get item,  there must be things in the game that are very hard to get , and money just cant buy those pieces in a shop, like old cars u dont go re make them . 

I'd be fine with each monthly skin being marks on introduction. Then straight cash buy after. Make the cash buy no trade. So the marks version market stays for those that do that or want to pay silvers instead. ATM they are wasting a potential revenue source and greatly limiting thier milage out of the work to make skins imo.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, christopher said:

how is that different from those of us who have a hard to get item

Because a time locked item obtained through a purchasable currency isn't "hard" to get lmao. For example, if the skins were rewards for a select few from another challenge server, then it'd be reasonable to keep them exclusive.

There are multiple, highly sought after monthly skins that were straight up just never available to a significant portion of the playerbase (NFI.) Considering these skins are simple cosmetics, that were simple currency exchanges to begin with, they should be made available occasionally so those who missed out are able to get them eventually. Again, they could even be increased in price to help maintain some value.

• Like 2

It'd be different if we were talking about a skin that was only available to players who completed a certain quest or reached 100 skill or something. But we're not. We're talking about something that was cheap and easy to get if you were online in, say October, but impossible otherwise. 

There's no prestige in owning such an item. Either you had marks to spend in October or your didn't. It's an arbitrary distinction. It has no real value.

And there's no benefit to the devs, now, after spending the artist time, and maintaining the model in the database, in making that item unavailable to everybody else. On the contrary.

• Like 2