Sign in to follow this  
Stinboi

Server crossing issues

Was suppose to be a good trip to the slaying today but it turned out to be a nightmare. we where a few peeps and was using 2 boats, mine crossed just fine but looking at the boat on my side it was empty.

First i thought i was seen things thats not there, then i got scared that it might been a ghost boat, but got a pm that everyone on the other boats was stuck ON THREE DIFFERENT SERVERS, so i embarket the "ghost boats" and got ready to go pick them up which went fine until the last crossing WHERE THE SAME THING HAPPEN AGAIN", this time with noone to save us, except from the GM who came to the rescue(thank you for the fast respond)

Long story short, we didnt make the slaying, spent 2h i will never get back and im starting to get tired. after the disaster that we all was so lucky to experience last time, its just to mutch.

From been a every day player im now on the edge of quiting. Volunteer or not, if you dont have the time for it, shut it down.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

indeed, that was a trip i'd rather not do again any time soon. The frustrations was at Max 😐 every single event its a lag fest to get back, crossing servers is 50% of the time a crash or boat leaving without you and this time was just to much. 
boat leaving without me, then i move 1 inch and end up on chaos, try to swim back and end up far away from the rest, then get saved and ALL over again, this time i just ended directly on Chaos ..... its been the same Issue since the day i started WO, if the servers cant handle crossings at least open up for summoning across servers or make a damn teleport between your own deeds or some.  you will still make money on the ekstra deeds being bought (most likely)  😛  i dont blame new joiners for leaving after first crossing, no one these days have the patients to use 2 hours trying to get from 1 server to another. 

I crossed 40min before the slay, and had no issues up until I entered slaying local at which time the usual fps lag ensued.  No issues on my end to report.

Which servers were you going from and to, and which border did you cross on (N/S/E/W)?

I live on Cele and server hopped multiple times today.  Cele > Rel > Inde and later back in that same order.   Also another instance of Cel > Del > Exo > Cel,   Not seen any issues myself, unsure what others are experiencing.

We went out west on exodus to release and was suppose to then turn around and go to INDY , but we never got that far, this was with 4 individual players and 2 boats. 

Instead of Exodus (W) -> Release (E) -> Independence

We got a mix of Exo -> Rel / chaos / Del -> chaos / del -> rel / del -> ("collected by GM) on Rel and at that time the slaying was over and we went back to Exo.

This is far from an unknown issue, I have had to save many friends from the same issue over the years 😝 an issue I funny enough never had in the years in WU. 

Edited by denully

Hmm, thank you for the report - we are aware of several possible issues that cause this, and although a number have been corrected, it's hard to reproduce reliably on demand.