Sign in to follow this  
Llawnroc

the Sinful and Devoted Priest QL of life

Are you a Priest that has a "unique set of skills" that are sinful to use?

Are you a Priest that likes to do missions only to scream at the screen when that "Decent" mission pops?

Then this thread is for you. There are two ideas, which I wanted to suggest to our great Dev team.

---The "sinner" a title debuff for priests:

this is a title(to tag in PvP) a priest would get when they use a daily cool down as a priest. this Cool down would allow the priest to do actions that would normally remove faith for a set time like improving(suggested 2 mins per faith point) without losing faith. While they are being a sinner, all spells are either revoked, cost 2x the favor(or more), or effectiveness halved, etc.

-this idea is to allow players to use skills that they spent a great amount of time to gain yet only to have them be wasted while they are a priest. while also allowing them to keep the faith they also spent time to gain, for missions and to spice up their game play if they don't have alts or have money to keep alts prem.

---The "devoted" Priest:

the last priest overhaul introduced follower abilities; mag gets metal working bonus, vyn gets wood/ clay, Lib gets leatherworking, fo gets cloth.

- in addition to these bonuses I suggest that a priest be able to improve their bonus type of armour and the ql capped by their faith. Mag gets plate/chain, lib gets studded/leather, fo and vyn get cloth. ALSO allowed to improve 1 weapon and shield type; lib gets tool(like scythe and sickle) and wooden shield, mag gets sword metal shields, fo gets maul and metal shields, vyn gets club and wooden shields.( ideally only 1 weapon 1 shield type to be determined).

---Creative thoughts:

*The idea is to allow people to complete missions that require improving but also allow people who become priests to be able to pvp without needing alts; but at the cost of cookiecutter styles of the diety's preferences.

****Originally i wanted Lib with leather, Mag with chainmail, fo with Cloth, and Vyn with plate. but since Vyn can't mine there was a problem unless we change how plate is made; plate is now made with clay molds and any lump. The ql of the plate is determined by the clay mold ql. Since Vyn can't mine she can get lumps by smelting iron rock which is rummaged. Steel can be made by smelting coal with the iron rock or iron lump.

Edited by Llawnroc
  • Like 1

I think that priests are popular enough without having their restrictions removed, even temporarily

On 9/24/2021 at 4:52 AM, Sheffie said:

I think that priests are popular enough without having their restrictions removed, even temporarily

The data suggests they're primarily alts; folks who actually *play* a priest rather than use them are extremely uncommon.

Indeed, a forum survey suggested people are more likely to have 3/4 priest alts rather than a priest main.

Regardless, this doesn't feel like the way to go.  Expand magic, link it to more than two skills, and give it solid utility, and then maybe you'll see more priests.

• Like 1

agreed. i would be a priest main if it was a 'viable' playstyle for a single toon.

• Like 1

I have a main and two priest alts.  I would prefer to have my main be my PvP Lib priest, but I can't even help around the Kingdom most of the time.  I actually kind of like the idea to allow temporary "sinning".  Maybe with a bigger penalty?  How about, if you "sin," you can't use spells for 48 hours?  That way, if necessary for skilling or helping my kingdom, I could dig, or improve items.

• Like 1