Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

[PVE] Void mechanic for vehicles/ships cluttering the servers

There were already many topics about vehicles/ships cluttering the servers.

Many people do not want increased decay for abandoned vehicles/ships neither ability to lockpick them after some time, couse they afraid that if they come back to game after a few months, it will be gone.

On the other hand, many people do not want tons of those cluttering many places, especially starter towns.

Those two matters can be combined.

Void mechanic (PVE only):

- player is inactive for some time (let it be 3 months or any set time)

- his vehicle/ship is off-deed or in starter town in that time

- given period of time passes -> vehicle/ship goes into void, thus being removed from server and left in database (with everything inside)

- when player logs in and tries to manage this vehicle/ship, he gets message like "Due to your inactivity, your vehicle/ship went into void. Do You wish to summon it right now?"

- when player click yes, it will spawn at his current location

It's only for PVE and hard to abuse, couse it needs a long time to despawn the vehicle into void.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 9

since I just spent hours gathering abandoned vehicles from around my deed group on Pristine and pushing them onto my lava, I support this feature!

+1

• Like 1

Nice and neat, hard-to-impossible to grief, meets both cleaning up clutter and protecting the absent player's stuff.  

I like it.

One question to raise, what about hitched and care-for animals?  Would they go into the void too?   (Not an objection, just a consideration).

My neighbor just closed off his open deed because of noobs leaving carts and junk on it so I say this is a needed addition.

+ 1

8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

One question to raise, what about hitched and care-for animals?  Would they go into the void too?   (Not an objection, just a consideration).

Yeah, thought about that and couldn't decide about a solution.

If it's easy from the programming point, it would be nice to despawn them too and set data in database, so they could return.

If not, I guess it would just be unhitched.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Yeah, thought about that and couldn't decide about a solution.

If it's easy from the programming point, it would be nice to despawn them too and set data in database, so they could return.

If not, I guess it would just be unhitched.

Well, if from a technical standpoint the player is despawned at log off and respawned at logon, and pets are too, then hopefully it is easily programmable.  It would be an elegant solution.

• Like 1