Stanlee

Gear on backs

You ever been along to a sermon and seen a horde of priests wearing their weapons like this?

7a61e404060a6132278be20bf7a8b158.png

THAT WEAPON ISN'T BALANCED, HE'S BEEN HOLDING IT LIKE THAT FOR HOURS, HOW STRONG ARE HIS HANDS?!

You ever looked down to see a big old shield by your side? You're just blacksmithing, but you know that if you take it off, you won't remember to re-equip it when a Venerable troll visits.

6298789b8d9425f3255ae661e5382d46.jpg

What do you mean, Stan? I just love cooking with my shield out, it feels so natural, and no-one can see what's behind it!

Presenting the solution: putting your gear on your back, automatically!

3c085d979dc3d37e28181757e5f7b7ee.png

I won't spoil for you how sick this looks with the new Dragon Staff

"But Stan," you say having thought this through, "wouldn't it be silly to kill a mob then immediately have our weapons fly onto our backs?"

Yes. It would, but thankfully this can serve a small gameplay purpose by piggybacking an existing system: for 5 minutes after combat, you cannot log out quickly (such as in a bed) or utilize a Portal. This could become an indicator for that - your weapons only being holstered when you would be able to log instantly/use a portal! Now it's functional AND slick!

• Like 25

Yes!!!! Also a Scabbard to sheath your sword would look great as well.

Edited by brattygirl
  • Like 1

I'm game, this would be really cool.   For those naysayers that be all like NO IT WON'T WORK CAUSE BACKPACKS, I say just have the backpack model not shown when gear is on the back.

Immersion +1000

Indeed a good idea. It would require some modifications on the character model which I hope are not too hard to implement. Any comment maybe by Malena?

Glad I suggested it, for the 15th time and its finally a thread.

The clipping on the backs is far outweighed by the coolness of the weapon on the back.

• Like 1

i would say just tie it to your stance, just like right now you hold your huge axe in both hands if you are in fighting stance or fighting mode or whatever, make this the default one when you are not on combat.

Edited by Tpikol

+1

I've always been a fan of this being an option in games. Perhaps even make it so you can sheathe 1-handed weapons on side or back (as an option, depending on player) :)

Edited by Baeowulf

Absolutely, on top of that if i could have a cosmetic additional sword/shortsword on the back with a normal two handed sword that would be great. Witcher cosplay please. +1

Been suggested before of course, but as always YES please 100% !

Necroposting/reviving because this is a great idea and I was reminded of it again today!

• Like 1

To quote myself on this several years ago...

YES!!!

• Like 1