Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Darnok's creature suggestions

5 hours ago, Madnath said:

It's easy to do when most threads were calling back onto other threads they made to make them work
If I propose a system rework and new content, it all goes in one thread. I don't spread it across multiple threads for more posts and exposure, and then try and make it so everything would have to be added. And that's what was happening.

Fair enough.  If they were concomitantly linked/stacked that is more than just sharing a content area.

If.

Edited by TheTrickster

8 hours ago, Madnath said:

It's easy to do when most threads were calling back onto other threads they made to make them work
If I propose a system rework and new content, it all goes in one thread. I don't spread it across multiple threads for more posts and exposure, and then try and make it so everything would have to be added. And that's what was happening.

"AH fix, harsh winter and sterilization" was merged with "Dragons and crystals" and with "Yeti and hydra".

AH fix did not suggest adding any new mob. Dragon & crystal suggested reworking how dragons spawn, these ideas had nothing to do with each other.

I wrote some of my ideas in small intervals and when the discussion on one topic was not over yet, a new thread was created with a new idea and a new discussion began in this thread.

A plain merge mixed up more of your replies to my ideas than my OP posts and that makes it totally unreadable.

If you didn't notice, I tried different methods of creating ideas, some threads were edited many times, extending the original idea and changing the title.
I created others with a few different suggestions and they would fit together over time, because some ideas could exist independently, but when combined, they could complement each other and add more content and functionality to the game.
The problem is not how I created threads, but the fact that someone did not want to use the search function and display all threads of a given author.

And the worst thing is that I created a thread list myself where I proposed adding new animals, so if a merge of my ideas was necessary, which I doubt, at least it could take advantage of that thread and move suggestions with new mobs there, but leave the others ideas separately.

Or some contact with the author and information that my threads will be merged and how to do it most clearly, but well... now it is too late.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 1

@Pandalet : As much as I disagree with virtually all of Darnok's suggestions, I must admit that this merge has practically destroyed any readabilitiy of them.

And, to say that, Darnok's starting suggestions, from the outer form, are carefully built and readable, they are practically free of typos, are well structures, have headlines in bold at every paragraph.

It would be nice to move the starting suggestions from every thread to the top, in chronological sequence, so that one can find them again, for those interested. I agree that this is some work, but in effect, Darnok's work has been practically ruined. Not that many will feel deep regrets about, but it is not ok in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ekcin said:

@Pandalet : As much as I disagree with virtually all of Darnok's suggestions, I must admit that this merge has practically destroyed any readabilitiy of them.

And, to say that, Darnok's starting suggestions, from the outer form, are carefully built and readable, they are practically free of typos, are well structures, have headlines in bold at every paragraph.

It would be nice to move the starting suggestions from every thread to the top, in chronological sequence, so that one can find them again, for those interested. I agree that this is some work, but in effect, Darnok's work has been practically ruined. Not that many will feel deep regrets about, but it is not ok in my opinion.

+1 to this. much as most of what darnok has here may not fit with Wurm, the current state does make it unreadable. @Pandaletsorry to bring you back here again.

We have often been told that the developers read all the suggestions and all of the discussion of those suggestions.  How is that now possible?  Any developer who reads these new "threads" has to wade through an incoherent mass of only vaguely related suggestions peppered through a whole other incoherent mass of replies that mostly can no longer even be identified with particular suggestions.   The suggestions and posts may as well have been sorted alphabetically or by the number of fullstops they contain.