Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Darnok's creature suggestions

1 hour ago, Drayka said:

How would this affect the fight if I send an eagle against an enemy player, or the mount they are riding?

OP - "...blinding attack, this works just like obstructing vision when player is about to die, just in different color than red. "

and

"...blinding attack, attack works only when the player is not in combat..."

Should be ok for PvP too.

As for blinding a horse, this attack could swap the left/right keys for a while, so that the rider would have a little problem when his mount is blinded, but it won't stop him from running if he is experienced.

Prey escape should equate to hunting failure.

It certainly sounds much more fun to skill taming this way, than to end up in combat with whatever animal one is attempting to tame with food for grinding purposes.

BIG upvote for this portion of your idea.

yup 🙂

7 hours ago, Drayka said:

Your fishing eagle would skill a player's fishing skill? Hmm. Okay...

Missed this one...

Yes, catching chickens or hares could depend on taming skill. While catching fish could depend on fishing skill. Gathering fruits on forestry.

Foraging and botanizing too can be used. It all depends on how many bird species there will be, each species can have a different additional function apart from "flight over trees" and blinding attack.

Edited by Darnok

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

OP - "...blinding attack, this works just like obstructing vision when player is about to die, just in different color than red. "

and

"...blinding attack, attack works only when the player is not in combat..."

Should be ok for PvP too.

As for blinding a horse, this attack could swap the left/right keys for a while, so that the rider would have a little problem when his mount is blinded, but it won't stop him from running if he is experienced.

Okay, that doesn't sound SO overpowered as to completely skew the gameplay.

But can I archer an enemy bird so that he can't be sent against my mount?

59 minutes ago, Drayka said:

Okay, that doesn't sound SO overpowered as to completely skew the gameplay.

But can I archer an enemy bird so that he can't be sent against my mount?

In PvP you can kill another player, so I don't see a problem to be able to shoot a bird, except that one arrow shouldn't kill him, but take about 50% health and force him to land on the owner's shoulder or glove. The falconer would have to remove arrow from bird's wing before he could send bird again into "blinding attack" and second shot should kill it.

If player wears glove with a bird during meditation, he should be able to play a mini-game for these few minutes, which would be a development of flight over trees. That is, in meditation we have 2 minutes, not just 30 seconds of flight, the bird rises much higher than just the treetops so that player can see a much larger area, but still player can only steer right/left while flying.
If VR is added, such a flight should look good in a helmet.

dkZXJKr.jpg

Edited by Darnok

I don't think the bird actually has to be injured - just an unable-to-fly debuff from hitting its wing would take it out of the equation. Lucky/unlucky shot with a war arrow would probably kill it; stealing it would be preferable to intending to kill it, just as stealing any weapon is preferable to destroying it. Wurm is biased towards valuing things that can be possessed.

Yeah, the VR of shared vision with a flying creature, even uncontrolled except for camera angle on a 'led creature', would be huge.

21 hours ago, Drayka said:

+1 Woolly rhino/mammoth mob; agreed, only 2 per wagon; agreed, we need hunting horns as noisemakers regardless.

I suggested mammoths a long time ago as a seasonal animal. Rhinos could be tundra animals that spawn all the time.

+1 Giant stick insects mob I guess, though not the transmutation of felled trees into them - normal spawn mechanics.

This option seems interesting to me and the fact that its strength would depend on what ql of the tree turned into a mob would give an additional attraction during the hunt. But maybe I will not insist, the mere fact of adding a new mob would already be good news.

wtf kind of mob is a Sundew? picture would have been helpful. After Googling, NO-thank-you-very-much. Leave the rooted plantlife out of the war, please. Round out the Giant stick insect as a Fo mob instead.

Why? 🙂

PvE lacks mobs against which it would make sense to use a shield, and on the other hand, mobs wtih ranged attacks are a big threat to noobs, so the logical solution is to add mobs that cannot follow player but can shoot at a distance 😉

+1 to any bat mobs in caves only, as we need more cave wildlife.

+my previous suggestion ghosts of the underworld

+1 to more goblin mob variations, but leave the zombie-raising to the Lib priests. I like goblins more than rift critters.

if the mummy doesn't fit the goblins then maybe a teleporting goblin shaman?

8 hours ago, Drayka said:

I don't think the bird actually has to be injured - just an unable-to-fly debuff from hitting its wing would take it out of the equation. Lucky/unlucky shot with a war arrow would probably kill it; stealing it would be preferable to intending to kill it, just as stealing any weapon is preferable to destroying it. Wurm is biased towards valuing things that can be possessed.

Yeah, the VR of shared vision with a flying creature, even uncontrolled except for camera angle on a 'led creature', would be huge.

Updated OP Falconer and The Beast make tracking in PvE interesting during leveling up and useful.

Dragons

They arrive along with a comet that is seen on all maps Har, Cad, Mel and Defiance at the same time on the first day after it appears.

2nd day - comet disappears from the sky of one of map, but you can still see it on sky on other maps,

3rd day - comet is not visible on next map,

4th day - comet is only visible on two of above-mentioned maps,

5th day - comet is only visible on one map, the one on which the dragon falls,

6th day - the dragon appears on the map, but is hibernating and locked in a giant crystal

BSgsr.png

The crystal cannot be moved or deeded. Neither tools nor weapons can destroy it.

On the 8th day, the dragon awakens from sleep and the crystal breaks, throwing away many different size chunks in the neighborhood.

Pieces of crystal can be collected and used by players to create telescopes (which I had suggested a few months earlier) and when properly cut by jewelers, small crystals can serve as jewelry or store energy for priests.

The dragon is non-aggressive and weakened and when anyone tries to attack it, it flies away. For several days, dragon looks for sheep, cattle, horses beyond deeds, to feed himself.

Later dragon lays eggs and remains non-aggressive until the following winter, then he starts to burn forests, houses, pens and kill everything that stands in his way, he can only be killed in winter, because only then he does not fly away from players.

Dragons shouldn't like caves, and they shouldn't fit in caves 🙂

if such a mechanism, that allows the finder of dragon to secure his loot, must necessarily exist, it should be possible to sacrifice, for example, a black sheep or ram, and then the dragon will store information about which player has priority in looting.

But locking up mobs like that in mines is just a waste of beautiful sights in game.

Crystals

In addition to the small uses described earlier, large pieces of crystal can serve as a crystal hibernation capsule.

They can hibernate small and medium-sized animals such as horses or a player character.

Character who goes to sleep in such hibernation capsule cannot wake up himself (he can only be woken up by another premium character), but his premium time is frozen and does not expire.

After waking up for several Wurm days de-hibernated character is weakened and has a skill level limitation, but he recovers over time.

If the character is a priest connected with other priests, hibernation won't break their link.

The capsule with a hibernating character or animal can be loaded on cart or wagon and transported, so on PvP servers it is going to be risky 😄

Skilled jewelers should be able to create a silver or gold writing pen that, when enchanted by priests (some spell available to every religion), has the ability to write in crystal.

In this way, players could create crystal tablets and write much more information in them than on paper.

Priest could also enchant crystal orbs and give them ability to cast one spell (and charge them with energy too) for almost anyone who uses orb, with the restriction that spell in orb can only be used by a follower of same religion.

After using the orb spell and crystal from which it was made breaks.

Right now, if I understand wiki correctly, priests can store energy in gems and use it to cast spells when their character's energy runs out, this would be a higher level of this ability.

You have vivid imagination, but should not overcomplicate things so much when suggesting.

For the love of god, do us a favor and either move to some other game, or play this game instead of constantly suggesting, overcomplicated, ridiculous and unnecessary suggestions that annoy most of the players.

It's ok to make suggestions but you are pushing it to far. Be honest? why are you doing this? can't you see it's pointless? you want to troll us or you truly believe your ideas are good and would benefit this game and be liked by players?

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, kochinac said:

You have vivid imagination, but should not overcomplicate things so much when suggesting.

For the love of god, do us a favor and either move to some other game, or play this game instead of constantly suggesting, overcomplicated, ridiculous and unnecessary suggestions that annoy most of the players.

It's ok to make suggestions but you are pushing it to far. Be honest? why are you doing this? can't you see it's pointless? you want to troll us or you truly believe your ideas are good and would benefit this game and be liked by players?

It's a fairly simple and fair solution, while the current dragon spawn system is just... nonexistent.

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

It's a fairly simple and fair solution

lol, sorry to break it to you, but dragon that cannot be attacked while he goes around eating sheep and can be slain only at winter, while it lay eggs and burn around, oh and also throws hibernation chambers around is far from simple and fair solution.

I don't know how old are you and what you do, but designing gameplay isn't one of your strong points, it's one thing being over imaginative as you clearly are but differently other thing to fit imaginations to something that can be playable as a game.

Remember to think of the value for the individual player

24 minutes ago, kochinac said:

lol, sorry to break it to you, but dragon that cannot be attacked while he goes around eating sheep and can be slain only at winter, while it lay eggs and burn around, oh and also throws hibernation chambers around is far from simple and fair solution.

I don't know how old are you and what you do, but designing gameplay isn't one of your strong points, it's one thing being over imaginative as you clearly are but differently other thing to fit imaginations to something that can be playable as a game.

It's a set of very simple rules, easier to do than VR support, and if you play in anything other than Wurm, my suggestions require minimum of what can be found in other games.

4 minutes ago, Darnok said:

It's a set of very simple rules, easier to do than VR support, and if you play in anything other than Wurm, my suggestions require minimum of what can be found in other games.

First of all you're mixing apples and oranges.What does VR have to do with it? Fact that doing VR support(which I think it's also unnecessary mistake) reqires more time doesn't negate that your proposal is bad. VR might even bring something to justify required time, what does your proposal bring to the game? And what exactly other game has this much convoluted mechanic as minimum? Please support your statement with examples if you are making so bald statements already.

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

Remember to think of the value for the individual player

Hmm?

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

First of all you're mixing apples and oranges.What does VR have to do with it? Fact that doing VR support(which I think it's also unnecessary mistake) reqires more time doesn't negate that your proposal is bad. VR might even bring something to justify required time, what does your proposal bring to the game? And what exactly other game has this much convoluted mechanic as minimum? Please support your statement with examples if you are making so bald statements already.

Right now, you are mixing my arguments with something else... you wrote that:

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

and I gave you an example of an idea that is being implemented and is (in my opinion, maybe I am wrong) much more difficult than making my suggestion.

Assessing whether my idea is good or bad is a matter of taste and certain experiences and I didn't compare it to VR or anything else.

The fact that a solution where any player on NFI would see signs, that dragon is going to appear soon on his map, would be more fair than current system is a rather undeniable truth.

Dragons should be dangerous/aggressive, but only in winter so that average player can see them from long distance and run away, while dragon-hunters can track it and kill it pretty fast.

Hibernation crystal would give players another material to craft new and more powerful items, in this case mostly Priests would benefit from it and average players like me.

Players who play as a single character and choose not to play priest, but wish to see spells in Wurm would also be given this opportunity. At this moment, the game forbids them to do so.

My suggestion opens new doors for average players, that would like to see demo-version-of-priest and after purchasing few crystal orbs filled with spells many people would have this opportunity.

As for... is VR needed or not and if it's a good decision or bad, I don't care, if there will be VR support or not, I won't use it, just like I don't use it for many other games.

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

And what exactly other game has this much convoluted mechanic as minimum? Please support your statement with examples if you are making so bald statements already.

Any game is either good or bad relative to competition. Even the worst game in the universe can be good if it's the only game.

A few days ago I saw a dragon slaying stream where half of the dragon was sticking out of tunnel, one wing of it sometimes was in half hidden-collided with the ground and there were dozens of players around who, from point of view of a player who would for the first time see Wurm, did nothing or maybe sometimes swing their weapons.

Something like that is a big loss to image of the game. First of all, the strongest mob is invisible to the average player most of the time, secondly, fighting dragon, as I have mentioned many times, makes no sense.

Let's take for comparison Diablo 2, which was created 20 years ago? How did the bosses behave there?

One was casting AoE poison nova, the other was freezing/slowing down everyone around, the third was throwing some lightnings, Diablo blew/fired some spell that was wise to avoid or in many cases it ended in character's death. The last boss was a whole series of challenging steps.

Diablo is not an MMO, but over past 20 years, many games have followed this templates. When a boss deals a strong blow, he does it slowly enough for a good player to dodge.
In Wurm, dragons could fly off a few or maybe more tiles, if attacked by too many players, and either breathe fire that would do little damage, but to everyone in front of the dragon. Or cast fireballs that would hit a few randomly selected players but deal much more damage to each of them.

A simple solution that would make fight with the dragon much more attractive and dragon would not even have to have such absurdly many health points while it would still be dangerous even for many players.

If the dragon encounters single player or small group of weak players, it could fight like a cat hunts a prey, who has no chance of escaping. He does not kill prey quickly, but plays with it, from the player's point of view even a loss in such few minutes long fight would be a positive experience.

Edited by Darnok

Have you actually ever fought a dragon? Because i have both in big crowds where is ridiculously easy to slay it with 200 people in local having your biggest concern to be weather you'll make it to give a blow to small slayings without enough people where you get frustrated that you won't push over regeneration trahshold and watch the beast heal it self, dragons have some perks when fighting, for example positioning is very important cuz if you allow it to hit you with tail you are dead meat, although they are hardly noticable in most scenarios.

I'm not saying that boses shouldn't have more interesting AI when fighting making the fight more interesting and challenging (right way to do it would probably be instances like wow dungeons making it limited to smaller number of people at time but still being available to everyone but for most people it kinda doesn't fit openworld sandbox theme), but you haven't suggested more interesting fights with dragons. You suggested some bulshit mechanic about dragon going around eaiting sheep and farting at buildings while invurnebale just for the sake of silly, irelevant and nonexisting problem that some poor weak player wouldn't be able to escape it, hoping that it will somehow escape it in winter because of visibility which is very streched optimism.

19 minutes ago, Darnok said:

maybe I am wrong

yes you are very much wrong, been trying to tell you that the whole time, i wonder how people reactions to your post haven't told you that already.

As for crystal bulshit, and priests, once again could be solved in milion other ways, no need to involve a freaking dragon in it, thus what i say about you overcomplicating. Not even gonna comment on freezing premium, but being still linked to a priest(do you even know how links work?)

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Don't play dumb with me pls, you involved VR into the story.

Bottom line, despite what you think your suggestions are simple and good, no they are not. you have made numerous posts already and should have been able to draw that conclusion from reactions. the fact that you don't only shows that you are either delusional or trolling. And i really don't understand why do you keep doing that instead of selfreflecting or moving to some other game if this one doesn't work for you, or heck learn some programming make your own game/mods if nothing works for you, or at very least actually playing the game and start using mechanics you want to improve with suggestions instead of gathering informations on forum and wurmpedia before suggesting something.

I refrained from commenting on your posts in the past. but seeing your new bad suggestion everyday is kind of mental ###### and you need to be moderated for the sake of mental health of all us if you don't wanna stop yourself.

22 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Have you actually ever fought a dragon? Because i have both in big crowds where is ridiculously easy to slay it with 200 people in local having your biggest concern to be weather you'll make it to give a blow to small slayings without enough people where you get frustrated that you won't push over regeneration trahshold and watch the beast heal it self, dragons have some perks when fighting, for example positioning is very important cuz if you allow it to hit you with tail you are dead meat, although they are hardly noticable in most scenarios.

I'm not saying that boses shouldn't have more interesting AI when fighting making the fight more interesting and challenging (right way to do it would probably be instances like wow dungeons making it limited to smaller number of people at time but still being available to everyone but for most people it kinda doesn't fit openworld sandbox theme), but you haven't suggested more interesting fights with dragons. You suggested some bulshit mechanic about dragon going around eaiting sheep and farting at buildings while invurnebale just for the sake of silly, irelevant and nonexisting problem that some poor weak player wouldn't be able to escape it, hoping that it will somehow escape it in winter because of visibility which is very streched optimism.

yes you are very much wrong, been trying to tell you that the whole time, i wonder how people reactions to your post haven't told you that already.

As for crystal bulshit, and priests, once again could be solved in milion other ways, no need to involve a freaking dragon in it, thus what i say about you overcomplicating. Not even gonna comment on freezing premium, but being still linked to a priest(do you even know how links work?)

Don't play dumb with me pls, you involved VR into the story.

Bottom line, despite what you think your suggestions are simple and good, no they are not. you have made numerous posts already and should have been able to draw that conclusion from reactions. the fact that you don't only shows that you are either delusional or trolling. And i really don't understand why do you keep doing that instead of selfreflecting or moving to some other game if this one doesn't work for you, or heck learn some programming make your own game/mods if nothing works for you, or at very least actually playing the game and start using mechanics you want to improve with suggestions instead of gathering informations on forum and wurmpedia before suggesting something.

I refrained from commenting on your posts in the past. but seeing your new bad suggestion everyday is kind of mental ###### and you need to be moderated for the sake of mental health of all us if you don't wanna stop yourself.

I doubt that you would want to write so much for the sake of my health or my time, so maybe I will ask, how many dragons are you imprisoning in the mines at the moment?

Every problem can be solved in many different ways, I always suggest a solution that I think would be the best, which does not mean that everyone has to like it.

Ultimately, the decision is neither mine nor yours, so I don't understand what the problem is?

22 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Have you actually ever fought a dragon?

This is another problem that my idea should solve, because the events organized by players depend on the organizer's time zone, and if dragons were more common, probably more players would have a chance to fight them more often.
Oh and read OP again, I haven't written anywhere that a dragon can destroy anything in spring, summer and fall, so you make things up and exaggerate a little.

Edited by Darnok

3 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I doubt that you would want to write so much for the sake of my health or my time, so maybe I will ask, how many dragons are you imprisoning in the mines at the moment?

None. And if you think to represent me as some badass hardcore dragon hunter that hunts the dragons all the time and don't let other kids play with it for the sake of your arguments, sorry to disapoint you, i'm not. I quit hunting for dragons with group from my server because it's too painfull and tedious, and when spoils are split and costs deducted not so rewarding and i wan't my limited free time in game to spend otherwise instead of roaming map for hours and coordinating searched area markings. But i'm very much familiar with all aspects and problems about it unlike you.

So you think imprisoning dragons is the core problem? You do know they don't magicaly apear in your mine. You have to find them, find good spot, dig apropriate cave, lure the beast inside often sacrificing your newb friend for it as bait and meat(just joking about this one, we don't really, well, most of the times) and finaly you have to seal the mine which is very expensive either by orb or priest with strongwall. The only reason imprisoment is used is a) to wait for everyone in the group that search to be online for the slaying b) to organize a private slaying at fixed time so lot more people who like you wine that they can't get dragons because of big bad hunters, participate(although that hardly can be called participation in my eyes but thats another problem). Heck you have more chance to miss slaying if it would not be possible to imprison the beast. So i really don't understand what kind of problem you have with them being captured in caves. they sit there for a week in longest case, nobody is hoarding dragons underground lol.

16 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Ultimately, the decision is neither mine nor yours, so I don't understand what the problem is?

Exactly, so i don't understand why you waste your energy annoying everyone with your bad ideas every single day, instead of playing the game. That is the problem, and i've already told you that is the problem(one of the problems) but it falls on a deaf ears.

It's not someone liking or not liking idea, it's about that idea is bad by the facts, it's that ideas are for solving nonexisting problems which you are not aware because you don't play freaking game, it's about that your ideas are overly complicated and convoluted, it's about that people have told you that countless times, and you keep going every ###### day in the same manner refusing to selfreflect and ask yourself if maybe those people are right. Unfortunatly there is no snipe option on forum so i could avoid your posts(or is there?). Like i said it's ok to post idea from time to time even bad one, and have constructive discussion about it, but you boy, are another story, and i really don't understand whats your problem when people have to explain it to you that it's not normal to post this amount of suggestions everyday after having reactions you had on your previous post, and still thinking that you are somehow right about it.

Nope! And uh, when are you going to go away and bother some other game?

32 minutes ago, kochinac said:

None. And if you think to represent me as some badass hardcore dragon hunter that hunts the dragons all the time and don't let other kids play with it for the sake of your arguments, sorry to disapoint you, i'm not. I quit hunting for dragons with group from my server because it's too painfull and tedious, and when spoils are split and costs deducted not so rewarding and i wan't my limited free time in game to spend otherwise instead of roaming map for hours and coordinating searched area markings. But i'm very much familiar with all aspects and problems about it unlike you.

So you think imprisoning dragons is the core problem? You do know they don't magicaly apear in your mine. You have to find them, find good spot, dig apropriate cave, lure the beast inside often sacrificing your newb friend for it as bait and meat(just joking about this one, we don't really, well, most of the times) and finaly you have to seal the mine which is very expensive either by orb or priest with strongwall. The only reason imprisoment is used is a) to wait for everyone in the group that search to be online for the slaying b) to organize a private slaying at fixed time so lot more people who like you wine that they can't get dragons because of big bad hunters, participate(although that hardly can be called participation in my eyes but thats another problem). Heck you have more chance to miss slaying if it would not be possible to imprison the beast. So i really don't understand what kind of problem you have with them being captured in caves. they sit there for a week in longest case, nobody is hoarding dragons underground lol.

And I do not understand why you have a problem with the dragon running as a non-aggressive mob for 3/4 of Wurm year?

After all, knowing that dragon will become aggressive in winter, and knowing when winter begins, effect you want to achieve, which is to gather group of dragon-hunters, would still be achievable.

Can you tell me what problem solves locking a dragon in a mine when it can be non-aggressive and it won't hurt anyone? And dragon won't be killed too quickly, so everyone can get something for themselves?

Exactly, so i don't understand why you waste your energy annoying everyone with your bad ideas every single day, instead of playing the game. That is the problem, and i've already told you that is the problem(one of the problems) but it falls on a deaf ears.

The problem is that you annoy yourself, me and my ideas have nothing to do with it, but to understand this you have to stop considering yourself as the center of the universe.

It's not someone liking or not liking idea, it's about that idea is bad by the facts, it's that ideas are for solving nonexisting problems which you are not aware because you don't play freaking game

I play Wurm, but I look at the game from a different perspective than you do, but of course you (and many others) don't let it come to your head fact that there may exist a different perspective than yours and that is the main problem of unnecessary emotions.

it's about that your ideas are overly complicated and convoluted, it's about that people have told you that countless times, and you keep going every ###### day in the same manner refusing to selfreflect

So there is no other choice for me, but to agree with you? I mean what other choice does this sentence leave me?

I have to agree with you and the others and do what you told me, right? Because that's the only solution you can accept.

If other person doesn't agree with you and does not behave as you see properly, it means that there is something wrong with him and he is not self-reflecting? Really? 🙂

and ask yourself if maybe those people are right.

Like i said it's ok to post idea from time to time even bad one, and have constructive discussion about it, but you boy, are another story, and i really don't understand whats your problem when people have to explain it to you that it's not normal to post this amount of suggestions everyday after having reactions you had on your previous post, and still thinking that you are somehow right about it.

It's obvious that I'm right and all of you are wrong, because I know best what features and rules of the game would suit me.

I understand that you and few other players might like something else it is fine for me, but you should know that in the end what matters is whether there are more players like me or like you, in my opinion there are more players like me (not in Wurm, but on Steam), so you don't have a chance to win this. If Wurm remains a niche game with some strange rules it will die like any other strange niche game, in order to attract new players for longer, it has to change towards more popular games, that means towards many of my suggestions.

Sure, every problem can be solved in many different ways, so probably none of my suggestions will be 100% implemented as described, but the fact that the development of Wurm will force changes in a similar direction is obvious.

I do not forbid to publish your suggestions, as for me, you can create a new thread every hour and it won't bother me, I just don't care about other ideas.

1 minute ago, Darnok said:

I just don't care about other ideas.

like no one cares about yours

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Votip said:

like no one cares about yours

Ohh no... if you haven't noticed I don't care about that too 🎯

Suggestions forum traffic seems to have been hit hard by the endless spam of awful threads that get dumpstered and progress to nothing when Darnok is unable to understand basic ideas on why their suggestion/arguments don't fit Wurm or are generally just bad.

It's time to stop posting in these threads if anything peeps. I am convinced Darnok is a troll and is endlessly being fed because the bait is always being taken.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Darnok said:

And I do not understand why you have a problem with the dragon running as a non-aggressive mob for 3/4 of Wurm year?

same reason i have you running around bulshiting on forum invurnerable basicly. because it eats sheep, burns forests and buildings by your suggestion and you can't do anything about it, and beside why would you wait 3/4 Wurm years to fight it?

20 minutes ago, Darnok said:

After all, knowing that dragon will become aggressive in winter, and knowing when winter begins, effect you want to achieve, which is to gather group of dragon-hunters, would still be achievable.

Again much simpler to pen it, agree on date and kill it instead of waiting for 3/4 of a year, why would you change that.

21 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Can you tell me what problem solves locking a dragon in a mine when it can be non-aggressive and it won't hurt anyone? And dragon won't be killed too quickly, so everyone can get something for themselves?

it hurts sheep, maybe i like to heard sheep ingame for god knows why since wool and milk is useless. So what you just wanna watch non agressive dragon runing around and thats whole point of your suggestion. There is that meditation path when you halucinate dragons, ;) you shoud try it.

24 minutes ago, Darnok said:

The problem is that you annoy yourself, me and my ideas have nothing to do with it, but to understand this you have to stop considering yourself as the center of the universe.

No, the problem is you annoy me, i'm perfectly fine with myself, like a bad writer would annoy me with keeping publishing and advertising books although he has no talent.

26 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I play Wurm, but I look at the game from a different perspective than you do, but of course you (and many others) don't let it come to your head fact that there may exist a different perspective than yours and that is the main problem of unnecessary emotions.

there are some things about this that are subjective and matter of taste i can understand that, but there are things that are objectivly dumb, worst than current or other possible solutions, your suggestions are in second cattegory mostly.

28 minutes ago, Darnok said:

So there is no other choice for me, but to agree with you?

do or think whatever you want, just don't post anymore atleast for some time pls so we can have some rest from you :) 

29 minutes ago, Darnok said:

It's obvious that I'm right and all of you are wrong, because I know best what features and rules of the game would suit me.

This game isn't here to suit you, it's to suit all of us, and what suits you doesn't suit anyone else, bummer. This game was actually here to suit Rolf who made it, if you want game that suits you, like i said make your own or keep looking.

31 minutes ago, Darnok said:

none of my suggestions will be 100% implemented as described

buddy, no suggestion will ever be implemented as you described it.

32 minutes ago, Darnok said:

I do not forbid to publish your suggestions, as for me, you can create a new thread every hour and it won't bother me

won't prevent my basic problem that you annoy me with your dumb suggestions, also i'm not dumb enough to keep posting something constantly even though i hit wall everytime

5 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Suggestions forum traffic seems to have been hit hard by the endless spam of awful threads that get dumpstered and progress to nothing when Darnok is unable to understand basic ideas on why their suggestion/arguments don't fit Wurm or are generally just bad.

It's time to stop posting in these threads if anything peeps. I am convinced Darnok is a troll and is endlessly being fed because the bait is always being taken.

Amin to this. And i call everyone else to follow this, i most certanly won't answer to any of his posts, and unlike him i keep my word. Piece out.

same reason i have you running around bulshiting on forum invurnerable basicly. because it eats sheep, burns forests and buildings by your suggestion and you can't do anything about it, and beside why would you wait 3/4 Wurm years to fight it?

So you can't give any argument other than a straw man one because you haven't read the OP. You mentioned something about self-reflection...

Again much simpler to pen it, agree on date and kill it instead of waiting for 3/4 of a year, why would you change that.

You yourself wrote that:

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

I quit hunting for dragons with group from my server because it's too painfull and tedious, and when spoils are split and costs deducted not so rewarding and i wan't my limited free time in game to spend otherwise instead of roaming map for hours and coordinating searched area markings.

The fact that an experienced player writes such things is the best proof that this mechanism deserves a change 😉 and here it is suggestion to make change.

there are some things about this that are subjective and matter of taste i can understand that, but there are things that are objectivly dumb, worst than current or other possible solutions, your suggestions are in second cattegory mostly.

Objective laws may be the laws of physics or biology (although even this is problematic today, because some have problems with the latter), and the rules in a game made by man are only subjective.

This game isn't here to suit you, it's to suit all of us, and what suits you doesn't suit anyone else, bummer. This game was actually here to suit Rolf who made it, if you want game that suits you, like i said make your own or keep looking.

If it should suit all of us that means it should suit me too. Why would your opinion be more important than mine then?

Haven't you noticed how many players are complaining about AH? So game doesn't suit them and they have no right to say what would suit them?

It's a pity that they don't post any suggestions with description what would make them happier, they only complain about things they don't know how to improve, it looks like they don't know what they want, while I know exactly what I want and I am describing it.

No, the problem is you annoy me, i'm perfectly fine with myself, like a bad writer would annoy me with keeping publishing and advertising books although he has no talent.

Okay, mister center of the universe, you don't understand that no one is forcing you to read commercials or books that you don't like, but you think someone is making things to annoy you 🙂