Sign in to follow this  
JTwarfreak

How to properly terraform as GM?

I'm currently trying to build my own world at the moment and I'm having some difficulties with terraforming and creating a dock and starting town. I have my character set up with max GM permissions and such and have been using the wand to dig, flatten, and level. I need to lower the seabed outside of the dock so I can sail ships around and such, and I'm having troubles leveling out the dock now because it's either saying I can't hold any dirt or I need dirt. So, is there an easier way to terraform and is it possible to perform a mass terraform on an area as a GM rather than trying to go about it one at a time?

set focus zone - flatten area to dirt/rock, specify how large of an area you want to flatten. play around with it in an area you dont care about or have a backup coz its easy to nuke an area with it

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll have to mess around with that and see if that tool helps make things easier!

4 hours ago, JTwarfreak said:

I'm currently trying to build my own world at the moment and I'm having some difficulties with terraforming and creating a dock and starting town. I have my character set up with max GM permissions and such and have been using the wand to dig, flatten, and level. I need to lower the seabed outside of the dock so I can sail ships around and such, and I'm having troubles leveling out the dock now because it's either saying I can't hold any dirt or I need dirt. So, is there an easier way to terraform and is it possible to perform a mass terraform on an area as a GM rather than trying to go about it one at a time?

If you change the Auxdata of your wand to 1, then you won't need any dirt to level or flatten.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Batta said:

If you change the Auxdata of your wand to 1, then you won't need any dirt to level or flatten.

That is a brilliant tip, thanks.

Using the following commands will make it alot easier but just be careful.

#flattenDirt NorthNum EastNum SouthNum WestNum

#flattenRock NorthNum EastNum SouthNum WestNum - Flattens the area into rock instead of dirt (does not actually update the rock layer, see below)

Using these commands doesn't actually update the rocklayer though, it requires you to go to those tiles and surface mine once so the actual rock layer updates. If you don't do this, it will create alot of issues and spikes, or just not let you tunnel at all sometimes. However, this could be a non-issue if you dont' intend to create a mine or anything on where you are using the commands

These commands also go by your current height when in fly mode. So if you fly up really high and use #flattenDirt 0 0 0 0 , it will just create a 1x1 tile under you at your current height. Very useful for creating GM Islands or testing areas

I find these much easier than right clicking menus to go focus zone flattening, it takes way to much time and is pretty inconvenient and has less control than the commands

Edited by WesncIsMe