Sign in to follow this  
Mareridt

Impossible to continue a highway [Solved]

Hello,

I need help with an issue.

I was planting catseyes for my highway, without any issues, but then suddenly I wasn't able to continue anymore. The "plant" option just disappeared from the right click menu:

wurm.20210908.1003.png

The catseye is above QL 10.

The slope of the tile is 10, so it should be fine. 

It's located on a perimeter of one of my deeds.

Maybe I can't continue because there's a cave entrance nearby?

wurm.20210908.1017.png

But the tiles inside the cave have been paved as well, so it should be ok, I guess.

Any ideas, please?

Edit: My Paving skill is only 24, but it should be enough to plant a catseye, even on a slope 10 tile. I planted on such slopes before.

Edited by Mareridt

Only thing I can think of is to make sure KOS is enabled on the perimeter deed.

11 minutes ago, Tukodama said:

Only thing I can think of is to make sure KOS is enabled on the perimeter deed.

KOS is not enabled. I'm not sure why you think it should be enabled.

Anyway, I don't think the deed settings have anything to do with this, because the previous catseyes (which I was able to plant before) are also located on the same perimeter.

It is more than likely an issue with deed permissions. I had the same issue about a month back where the game allowed me to run a highway about 6 tiles through a perimeter before it decided I wasn't actually allowed to do that and took the option away. Asked about it in CA Help and no one had an explanation. Ended up having to move the highway as the deed was inactive.

If it is your deed, I would check to make sure the settings allow a highway to be placed on deed (even if it is just the perimeter)

8 minutes ago, Kellen said:

It is more than likely an issue with deed permissions. I had the same issue about a month back where the game allowed me to run a highway about 6 tiles through a perimeter before it decided I wasn't actually allowed to do that and took the option away. Asked about it in CA Help and no one had an explanation. Ended up having to move the highway as the deed was inactive.

If it is your deed, I would check to make sure the settings allow a highway to be placed on deed (even if it is just the perimeter)

Thanks for the info. Good to know that others also have similar issues. I mean it's not good, but you know what I mean 😅

Highway is enabled in the settings, of course.

settings.png

The settlement has been part of the highway network for quite some time now.

Edited by Mareridt

the information i have may be out of date and i may just be wrong but isn't the rule that the first 2 perimeter tiles on a deed(the 2 rows closes to deed tiles) cannot the used without the deed permissions but the rest can?.

you say its "one of your deeds" but does the characters making the highway have permissions to do it on that one deed?

30 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

the information i have may be out of date and i may just be wrong but isn't the rule that the first 2 perimeter tiles on a deed(the 2 rows closes to deed tiles) cannot the used without the deed permissions but the rest can?.

you say its "one of your deeds" but does the characters making the highway have permissions to do it on that one deed?

Yes, I managed to plant (with the same character) several catseyes on the perimeter and even the deed itself before.

Edit: I get the "plant" option in the menu on other tiles (both on the perimeter and the deed).

Edited by Mareridt

Hmm, I've just noticed something weird.

The very last planted catseye in this direction is green. Shouldn't it be red?

Also the sign on the last waypoint says "Unknown". Shouldn't it say "Under construction"?

🤔

Edited by Mareridt

11 minutes ago, Mareridt said:

The very last planted catseye in this direction is green.

Green means the catseye is connected on both "ends" so it seems like a loop was created, is there another waystone adjacent to that last catseye which is not shown in the picture? It looks like a completed highway so either a loop or a bug but try swapping that catseye for a waystone and see if you can continue then.

12 minutes ago, Locath said:

Green means the catseye is connected on both "ends" so it seems like a loop was created, is there another waystone adjacent to that last catseye which is not shown in the picture? It looks like a completed highway so either a loop or a bug but try swapping that catseye for a waystone and see if you can continue then.

Ok, I'll try. Let me find a crowbar ... and make a waystone 😄

Edited by Mareridt

6 minutes ago, Mareridt said:

Ok, I'll try. Let me find a crowbar

No need for a crowbar, activate a waystone, right click the catseye and then "replace"

11 minutes ago, Locath said:

No need for a crowbar, activate a waystone, right click the catseye and then "replace"

Ok, thanks. Am I gonna be able to replace it back with a catseye later? Because 2 waystones directly next to each other would look kinda weird.

You could try to break the loop instead.

W----C

|    /

|  /

C

This seems to be what happened. Catseyes got connected in a loop to the same waystone and it's a complete highway now.

Tear out one of them using a crowbar, add another catseye in the direction of the cave:

W----RemovedCatseye

|    

|  

C

|    

|  

C

and then replace the one you removed:

W----C

|    

|  

C

|    

|  

C

This should make the not connected catseyes blue, allowing more to be attached.

Let us know if this helps.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Locath said:

You could try to break the loop instead.

W----C

|    /

|  /

C

This seems to be what happened. Catseyes got connected in a loop to the same waystone and it's a complete highway now.

Tear out one of them using a crowbar, add another catseye in the direction of the cave:

W----RemovedCatseye

|    

|  

C

|    

|  

C

and then replace the one you removed:

W----C

|    

|  

C

|    

|  

C

This should make the not connected catseyes blue, allowing more to be attached.

Let us know if this helps.

Amazing, that helped indeed. Thanks!

I had no idea in a T junction even diagonal lines count as valid routes, that seemed to be an issue here. Probably.

Everything seems to be working properly now. Waystone says "Under construction" and the last catseye is red. And I can continue planting.

wurm.20210908.1235.png

Thanks again for the help.

👍

Edited by Mareridt
  • Like 3