Sign in to follow this  
Spy

NFI to SFI portal

Schrodinger's vets: hundreds of accounts with all 99s and thousands of gold, while simultaneously being on empty servers

• Like 4

I for one would have 5 accounts that are not 99 in everything that i would want to prem up and bring over, and i know a lot of my friends that play wurm don't play much anymore as the servers are dead on SFI, but they would come over to NFI if they opened and bring there alts too. 

Market prices on NFI are silly but are going down, if it was to open then it would be a good thing as the game would balance out. people would have to find a happy middle in prices or no one would sell anything. i think it would be amazing if they would be merged. 

And i think there would be less than 10% of NFI players that would go to SFI as 90% of players have invested a lot of time and money into there deeds, but i think 90% of SFI will move to NFI as that's where the players are. people are worried about players infesting SFI its going to be the other way around, But your welcome to come anytime at the end of the day this game has made it all these years on the brink of no population why not mix the servers up and be one. 

The other thing i wanted to address - Who cares if players are fully dragon armoured up ? its freedom not PVP it just looks pretty and if the servers mixed NFI and SFI would have the chance to get more dragon's ect making it cheaper for everyone to buy - why is it so bad a player with hardly any coin can buy a set, its a game that should be reachable by everyone not just select few who choose to sell things for a fortune 

i think the only people who would have a problem with the servers opening up is the people who are making a killing on players selling things for double and triple the normal going rate - this was ok on the first few months of opening but seems to be a trend now even when these people have high 90's in the skills needed. i think it will bring a positive reaction to the whole game and allow new players a chance - driving the market price down on NFI is not a bad thing at all as people are plucking numbers up out of thin air. 

Also it will open up new areas for new players to go and explore and get some land as the server launch was the worst thing I've ever seen lagggg was not the word more like verging crashing 99% of the time, this should have been handled way before they took the game to steam as they should of known that it would generate 1000's of players 

To settle this maybe there should be a poll for players to vote if this should be a thing or not. we all have different views but on a money side of things opening up the servers will increase there profits a lot due to a lot of players preming up and moving to NFI that way maybe they could upgrade the servers that run the game so it can handle more people and also they could advertise the game and get more players without the game failing to hold them. 

Or they could charge X amount of coin / euros for a crossing ticket to be able to sail to NFI or SFI and it be a 1 way thing -  for people like me with trapped toons 

And also i will piggy back on a prev comment - i started the game in the golden days when wurms graphics was just blocks, and even then players had really really high skills neer stopped me from playing in fact they helped me get started and things was not silly expensive so i was more inclined to drop some silvers on my toon and buy things instead of thinking why would i put all that money on for some pixels lol ... just makes sense the better things are for new players the better the game is for everyone. 

Sorry if this offends people but its my thoughts on the situation and the past events. don't wanna cause bad vibes or make anyone upset but i just think that most new players have been kicked away by people doing things that they would not get away with if the servers was open already. 

• Like 1

I agree to most of the above, other than the prognosis about migration. I doubt a lot that many recent SFI players would migrate to NFI, less than the other way round. Even there I think the 10% is an overestimate. Mind that most recently active SFI players are in their alliances, not few of them for 5 years and longer, have their deeds they invested lots of work and dedication into, the infrastructure they are used, the friends in vicinity and beyond.

But of course not few will visit and explore, meet players face to face they so far only know from CA help, GL, and native language chat, and forums, and participate in events, rifts, and so on.  And I fully agree about the considerations about market and unique stuff.

But no, please no 1 way bandaid right now, full merge. And I fail to see much speaking against. It would be nice, though, to make it happen in some kind of event series, rather than just adjusting "plot course" tables.

4 hours ago, wsrich said:

i think 90% of SFI will move to NFI.

if this doesn't convince you that this is a bad idea nothing will but il try one last time anyway.

Edit: i dont think anywhere close to 90% will move but if its a full merge they dont need to move to affect it.

on a money side of things opening up the servers will increase there profits a lot due to a lot of players preming up and moving to NFI

from a profits above everything else point of view if that's what they cared about they should just keep saying the merge will come soon and never do it, that would keep a lot of people paying for deed and premium time on both clusters. not a good thing for players but maybe good for profits.

i started the game in the golden days when wurms graphics was just blocks, and even then players had really really high skills neer stopped me from playing

looking at the time you made your forum account  it looks like we started a similar time and people having high skills didn't  stop me from ending up with one of those 95+ on all gathering and most crafting skills accounts, the problem isn't for people like me, the problem is when we are the only ones left because most player feel they are hopeless.

i think the only people who would have a problem with the servers opening up is the people who are making a killing on players selling things for double and triple the normal going rate

i never bought or sold any scale or drake and  if i keep playing in NFI i expect that soon i may one of the people "undercutting" prices on some things.

24 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

But no, please no 1 way bandaid right now, full merge. And I fail to see much speaking against. It would be nice, though, to make it happen in some kind of event series, rather than just adjusting "plot course" tables.

i agree that 1 way portals are a bad idea but i think you are dreaming if you think they are going to make it a series of special events.

Edited by Tpikol

The number of people pulling estimates out of their posterior on this thread is hilariously tragic.

Stick a portal in; at this point it's not going to do any harm, or much good.

+1

6 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

[.. pointless to repeat the arguments already elaborated ..]

i agree that 1 way portals are a bad idea but i think you are dreaming if you think they are going to make it a series of special events.

Yes, it is indeed dreaming, as much as hoping Wurm will ever do reasonable PR .

9 hours ago, wsrich said:

the servers are dead on SFI,

repeatedly saying it doesn't make it so.  I haven't been logged in much myself lately, but every time that I have local and alliance chats have had enough characters to fill the window (for me that would I think be 8 or 9 lines).

So, slow in places, sure.  Dead?  No.

• Like 2

I think it's about time to seriously consider a full merge.

The markets will be unstable for a while and will then settle down. Prices will probably fall, on average, if only because all sellers and buyers will have access to one another.

I can see why certain players would feel unhappy about their lucrative NFI businesses losing profitability, but I don't think they have any moral basis for deserving sympathy.

At the end of the day, the advantages of having a unified player base ought to outweigh the disadvantages of... eh... a larger play area with more old deeds.

• Like 7

On 9/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, Sheffie said:

The markets will be unstable for a while and will then settle down. Prices will probably fall, on average, if only because all sellers and buyers will have access to one another.

i don't know why everybody who wants the merge now keeps pretending that this is true but be honest when the merge happens doesn't matter if its tomorrow or 3 years from now, the prices for everything will instantly go down to sfi standards, they wont be unstable for a while or go to the middle.

in one of the first replies i linked the discussion about pristine and release, were the pro merge people made the same argument you are making here and they were proved to be wrong.

im sure doing the same thing will be different this time somehow

Edited by Tpikol

48 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

i don't know why everybody who wants the merge now keeps pretending that this is true but be honest when the merge happens doesn't matter if its tomorrow or 3 years from now, the prices for everything will instantly go down to sfi standards, they wont be unstable for a while or go to the middle.

in one of the first replies i linked the discussion about pristine and release, were the pro merge people made the same argument you are making here and they were proved to be wrong.

im sure doing the same thing will be different this time somehow

I think they will go up a little from SFI prices as people will see an opportunity to raise prices closer to the NFI prices, i dont think they will be anywhere as high but will go up but then NFI will have to lower slightly to compensate for the change. there is more players on NFI hence the prices will not drop to SFI's prices overnight at all. 

Edited by wsrich

My suggestion is to eventually open a portal between the SFI and NFI clusters that work like the portal between NFI PvE servers and Defiance server. You won't be able to transfer any items but you will be able to transfer your characters back and forth at anytime and all skills except faith, fighting and meditation will transfer. 

If a full merge is to happen at anytime, I believe this would be the way to do it because of the massive ammounts of rare/supreme items, bones and scale sets among other things that already exist in SFI. SFI could serve the existing players of both clusters as a great hunting and archeology cluster since NFI servers have newbie friendly monster spawns from the looks of it. 

• Like 1

+1 on the terms that currency would be cluster specific meaning you cannot transfer your gold/silvers between clusters. SFI has a bucket load of gold just waiting to crash the NFI market

Why restrict an account on NFI to strictly NFI when SFI connects to Epic

Edited by Zykat

-1 The problem, given that one still does exist, is bank accounts at least as much as items. And it does not make any sense to create seperate NFI and SFI banks for every player unless one wants to cement the cluster split forever. The need to revert it once a full merge happens would cause an additional mess.

Instead of half assed non solutions a full merge should be planned in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Why a portal?

Just enable the 'plot course' on ships and boats to be able to reach both server clusters with no limitation there.

The only issue I can see are the existing portals to PvP as SFI portals go to Epic and NFI portals go to Defiance.  That, I believe, is one of the issues for enabling crossing of any kind.

• Like 1

The only similarity my suggestion has with this one is the involvement of portal. My suggestion is completely different since this one is about ''one sided'' skill transfer from NFI to SFI. I feel like the forum moderator who moved my topic here as a comment either didn't read my suggestion or just didn't like it to the point of wanting to make it disappear. I am truly disappointed. 

Sounds to me like both posts are about a portal, just different implementations of it. 

Seems reasonable to merge, given it's just an alternative execution of the original idea. 

4 hours ago, Lucifera said:

The only similarity my suggestion has with this one is the involvement of portal. My suggestion is completely different since this one is about ''one sided'' skill transfer from NFI to SFI. I feel like the forum moderator who moved my topic here as a comment either didn't read my suggestion or just didn't like it to the point of wanting to make it disappear. I am truly disappointed. 

it seems to me like you and others who agree with you are trying to keep making more and more topics about the same thing to make it seem more popular. both are about the merge of the clusters and how it could happen.

My suggestion is to eventually (when a merge is considered viable) open a portal between the SFI and NFI clusters that work like the portal between NFI PvE servers and Defiance server. You won't be able to transfer any items but you will be able to transfer your characters back and forth at anytime and all skills except faith, fighting and meditation will transfer. 

If a full merge is to happen at anytime, I believe this would be the way to do it because of the massive ammounts of rare/supreme items, bones and scale sets among other things that already exist in SFI. SFI could serve the existing players of both clusters as a great hunting and archeology cluster since NFI servers have newbie friendly monster spawns from the looks of it. 

Note: This topic is very different from the other portal suggestion topic. Please do not move it to comments. 

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

it seems to me like you and others who agree with you are trying to keep making more and more topics about the same thing to make it seem more popular. both are about the merge of the clusters and how it could happen.

If you are the one who moved it with a moderator account, you just verified with your own words that the action was taken based on personal opinion and preference without legitimate reason. 

4 minutes ago, Lucifera said:

If you are the one who moved it with a moderator account, you just verified with your own words that the action was taken based on personal opinion and preference without legitimate reason. 

paranoid much? i was a forum mod for a short while in 2013 or so( with this account not a secret one) and havent done it since. but sure just keep imagining things. maybe im actually secretly rolf.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, wipeout said:

... a few years ... Just be patient

No. I'll just play a different game since this company is insistant on splitting the community and land-grabbing over and over and over again. 

Aren't you people tired of getting robbed?

This company keeps parting you from either the market, your friends or your accomplishments just to convince you to re-roll and keep grinding? 

'Come play a permanance game without permanance! Weeee!

Rent digital NFT land from us so we can invent a NEW LAND that you CAN'T TRAVEL TO! Weeeee!

We're gonna get growth through early-adoption VRers who have never played the game! Weeee!" 

46 minutes ago, Trake said:

insistant on splitting the community and land-grabbing over and over and over again.

This company keeps parting you from either the market, your friends or your accomplishments just to convince you to re-roll and keep grinding?

thank you for making the case that northern isles and the freedom cluster should never be merged,  so they dont have to make a new cluster 3 months later when all servers are back to 30 people on them because the merge destroyed the reason people play on northern isles.