Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

HUGE Issues with last hop on Tracert

The last couple days there have been a lot of disconnects, but today has made it impossible to even get a meditation in.

Trace route is great, until the last hop:

11   128 ms   130 ms   137 ms  ip4.gtt.net [213.254.226.122]

(7 time outs)

19     *        *      115 ms  c1941.cloudnet.cloud [139.162.175.212]

These time outs are enough that it drops the connection.

tracert google.com and some local domain, maybe another outside your country.. be sure it's not your local network issue with packet loss.

No other player have reported this(so far afaik), making it seem like it's your local problem - for which CCAB can not do anything about.

Have you called your ISP and asked them why you have issues connecting to login or the server where you play*, when you load the client it uses connection to both.

Meanwhile there's simple way to test is it's "your isp doing it.." - try using vpn, if you have packet loss there's good chance to keep the issues, if it's routing kind .. you'll skip it entirely, as long it's not dns issue and you're not using your isp's dns servers.

*Login server seems to be 172.104.237.182;

for the server on which you play just tell them <servername>.wurmonline.com, if you want to give them ip instead, you can open console and "ping SERVERNAME.wurmonline.com" and give them the ip you see

options..

21 minutes ago, Finnn said:

tracert google.com and some local domain, maybe another outside your country.. be sure it's not your local network issue with packet loss.

No other player have reported this(so far afaik), making it seem like it's your local problem - for which CCAB can not do anything about.

Have you called your ISP and asked them why you have issues connecting to login or the server where you play*, when you load the client it uses connection to both.

Meanwhile there's simple way to test is it's "your isp doing it.." - try using vpn, if you have packet loss there's good chance to keep the issues, if it's routing kind .. you'll skip it entirely, as long it's not dns issue and you're not using your isp's dns servers.

*Login server seems to be 172.104.237.182;

for the server on which you play just tell them <servername>.wurmonline.com, if you want to give them ip instead, you can open console and "ping SERVERNAME.wurmonline.com" and give them the ip you see

options..

Clearly it's getting out the door... all the way to gtt.net. Connection times out going between gtt.net and cloudnet. This is NOT a local issue.

Hate to say it but gtt.net is possibly the culprit there. some minor googling came up with possible issues with their network. Call your ISP is what we'd say. not much CCAB can do.

So this has become an issue that has made the game pretty much unplayable. 

Let me put it in vernacular that most would understand:

I hop on a train, that train goes alllllllllllll along the tracks. Station after station, no problems. Then it gets to the station holding WWW.wurmonline.com, and suddenly there is a big gate not letting people in. Now, is it the train's fault? No. It's whoever owns that station.

My ISP has repeatedly stated there is no problem, traffic on their end is getting handed off just fine. Tracert supports this. It's 3+ time out's at the final hop. If it makes it in the three time outs I maintain connection. If not, another disconnect.

I suspect as it is cloudnet that is having the issue there are too many connections, so some get denied, since cloud services are handled on a per connection basis.

" *        *        *     Request timed out." is pretty normal if a node along the way supressing the ICMP packets and does not answer them which is pretty common.

Here is my -perfectly playable- results:

[...my local part snipped...]

4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9    40 ms    40 ms    40 ms  195.66.225.73
 10    42 ms    42 ms    55 ms  if-11-1-2-931.gw2.fra1.de.linode.com [213.52.131.141]
 11    40 ms    40 ms    39 ms  if-4-4.router1-fra.linode.com [139.162.129.13]
 12    39 ms    39 ms    39 ms  c4930.cloudnet.cloud [172.104.233.61]

EDIT: do a ping -t independence.wurmonline.com (on Windows, or without "-t" on linux) and watch the output for some minutes to see lag spikes in the packet turnaround (the time= values). There should be pretty little variations if everything is fine.

Agter pressing ctrl-c, my stats:

Ping statistics for 172.104.233.61:
    Packets: Sent = 109, Received = 109, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 38ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 39ms

Edited by Jaz