Sign in to follow this  
LynD

Save the Date! 11/14-11/20 OH Rodeo and Hoe Down!

Oak Hill Ranch will be hosting a Rodeo for a week long event!

November 14 through November 20

Located at N17 - only 3 minutes by cart from Harmony Bay

You cant come too late to join in the festivities.

Traditionally Rodeos are week long events meant to test the Speed, Skill, and Dexterity of both man and beast. We are attempting to offer just that same type of mix of events over the course of a week for all players who can join us to have fun with. 

XYKh5sC.png  NPKqIRA.png

Welcome to Oak Hill - East View from the Scenic Tower

RCuW6JD.png

Picture of the Arena from a God's prespective - Courtesy of Demona

kOtpOaq.jpg

Map of Events - Hope it helps! (Please note some buildings and pens have been added since the original map was created)

kilNeiJ.png

Oak Hill Book Nook - Please be sure to sign the Guest Register!

Join us for a week of events sure to please. 

All premier events will occur ever two hours during the day so all who come may participate at their leisure.

4IgjWkP.png

Arena for Premier Events including "Grandstand" with 90 available seats. 

Premier Events

Prizes for Premier Events will be as follows:

5 Silver will be awarded to the top winner of the daily event - 1 Silver will be awarded to top winner for each scheduled run at 10AM/12PM/2PM/4PM/6PM (All times are EST) More prizes for second and third place may be announced later, but we have many events and scheduled runs so this may be difficult.

(Premier Events will held on a 2 hour schedule from 10AM EST until 6PM EST - all competitors present at the top of the hour on 10-12-2-4-6 will run the current event scheduled at that time - anyone not present will have an opportunity again at the next opening)

Day 1 (11/14)- Barrel Racing 

As pictured above the barrel race will be run in a traditional cloverleaf pattern, enter and swing around barrel #1(right), move to and around barrel #2 (left) and then finally around barrel #3 (far back center), then race as quickly as possible to the start line (entrance to the arena). There are range poles located on the side of the barrel where the circle around it is to be entered into. Due to the limited turning radius of the horses on wurm, however you can make the turn will be accepted, but the turn must be completed. This is a race of dexterity of the rider and the horse, so your skill in turning plays a large role. Practicing in advance on your chosen mount as well as at the chosen weight (armored or not) is suggested. This is not as easy as it sounds. The arena is located on the North side of the deed, anyone is welcome to come and practice on the arena grounds if they are able and would like to. 

No games were run and no winners to announce. 

Day 2 (11/15)- Pole Bending 

6 Poles will be set up in a straight line the length of the Arena, competitors will weave between the poles from the entrance to the Arena to the end, and then turn and repeat the process on the return trip. Again turning radius presents the difficulty here, and skill and dexterity of both horse and rider will win the race. 

Rhianna is announced as the First ever Event Winner in an Oak Hill Rodeo event! Congratulations Rhianna!

Day 3(11/16) - Bull riding 

Various Bulls of differing abilities and ages will be made available by Oak Hill for competitors to use, OR you may bring your own. Race course will be set up before the event begins. 

Yujene visiting from Cadence takes the day as the first Bull Riding Event Winner! Congratulations Yugene!

Day 4(11/17) - Flag Jousting 

As we all know Harmony is not a PVP server - this presents an issue with actual jousting, as does the actual holding of a flag, so we have modified this event to meet with accepted Wogic. The course will be set up on as close to a long even plane path as we can find on Oak Hill. Competitors will race full tilt to the center where two flags will be set up. Each competitor will grab a flag (blue or green as set by Start Ends) and race to the opposite competitors start point - turn around and race back to center (will be marked as a center zone) and place the flag in the zone (not drop). First to finish the maneuver will win the "joust".

Day 5(11/18) - Weaponless Bison Fighting

This will be held in the Main Arena with one of Oak Hills own Bison (in the event that the bison is killed during the event another will be brought out). The fight will commence with the competitor going in weaponless and attacking the bison. Two referees will be on hand - one will watch the health of the competitor the other will watch the health of the Bison. When one of them reaches 25% of health the competitor will be told to leave the arena (a gate will be installed for this event to end the fight when the competitor leaves). A First Aid tent will be set up next to the entrance of the arena for the competitor to be immediately healed to a safe level, and the same will be done for the Bison. Once the Bison is at 100% health again, the next competitor may then enter. Time of each battle will be taken and the competitor that lasts the longest before they hit 25% health, will win. 

Day 6(11/19) - Mounted Racing

Race Route for the races on Day 6 and Day 7 are being worked on now - The course will be set up on both 2 lane and 1 lane roads as is permissible by the buildings and land on the deed. The course will be clearly marked by both white flags and green pointer signs and will form a loose 4 leaf clover pattern around the deed. Update - The half hour before each run will be reserved for competitors to make practice runs on the course. There are many turns and hills in this course (think along the lines of a mix between a touring and rally race in cars) The course tours around the deed, but watch for the flags and poiner signs in green so you dont go off course.More information on the course will be added soon. 

(Each scheduled Mounted Race will consist of 2 heats - First heat will be Untacked, Second Heat will be full Gear - 3 competitors may run at the same time - in the event there are more than three contestants per heat - multiple runs will be run until there are no more competitors in that heat class - during this event only Horses/Donkeys/Mules will be run - if a player would like to run the race but has no mount there will be select mounts available for use for those players courtesy of Oak Hill. Prizes and course to be announced soon.)

Day 7(11/20) - Cart and Wagon Racing (final race Mounted alternative mounts!)

We are requesting advanced sign ups for the Mounted Alternatives race so we know how many pens to prepare, please leave your advanced sign up in the comments below. 

Spirit Guards will be Agro disabled for the week

A bear is already entered for the Alt race! Sign up now with your mount! 

Rules for the above events will be announced as we get closer to the Rodeo date

Events and activities that will be ongoing throughout the week will include:

(Ongoing events will be offered at all times throughout the week for your enjoyment at any time day or night - these are fun only events and offer no awards for placement or competition, but are offered by Oak Hill as a courtesy to attendees of the event. Please feel free to try one or try them all at your liesure and as many times as you like.)

Livestock Auction

MV6Aq4u.png

Will be held on the South side of the deed near the OH Horse Sales area. UPDATE: All players attending are welcome to bring animals to sell at the Auction. All animal varieties will be accepted in the Auction ring.  Bring your low level animals for auctioning to players without much to give, and/or your higher quality animals for those that would like to get something really good and come ready to pay for it. Bring your farm animals, bring your alt champs if you wish to sell them.  Auction is being held in a section of the deed that will not be "local" to Premier Events so bids may be heard "read" in local chat. Seller will accept final bid that comes in when no other bid comes in within the time it takes the seller to reasonably type:

"Going Once! (pause), Going Twice! (pause), SOLD!".  

Pumpkin Chunkin

PWy2Fs7.png  GBWdZC7.png

Punkin Chunkin Wurm Style

Bring your own catapult with you or use one of ours (three Oak Hill catapults will be available for use) - but either way, lob a pumpkin and see how far it goes!   Lots of fun to try. Due to deed perm limitations of non deed members not being capable of using the catapults, this event is being moved to our off deed water area.

Pick a Pile

i42xqMI.png

This is a fun only event but every pick is a winner - some are better than others. The idea is simple, stand behind the line, and pick a pile number, then you can go open the pile and take the "prize" under the grass pile. The grass pile will be restuffed with a new "prize" for the next player. Have fun and enjoy! Items range from nails to coins to gems - you wont know what you get till you pick!

Checkers Tables

RUDLFtX.png

Waiting for another player!

Tables and boards have been set up in the Scenic Tower for use at players leisure

Prayer Circles

Prayer Circle will be set up in the Monestary Central Chamber drop your priest alts and enjoy the festivities!

4KMSBiX.png

Oak Hill Fo Monestery

Fo Genesis Healing

Fo Healers in attendance so far will be Sylrona, Pukaria and Kerym. 

Cooking Competition

dCB4tUs.png  rZibGUY.png

Competitors will be given products to work with and cooking tools to use, 5 different varieties of food must be produced (including one simple beverage). 

Different varieties is not three types of pizza - qualifying dishes will be different dishes only (pizza/sandwich/paella etc). This competition is for fun only, we MAY come up with small incentives to enjoy the game, but this is not promised. Pit yourself against your friends, come up with new dishes, and enjoy! (All food produced will be moved to the Tavern dining hall for all players to enjoy) 

Vendors currently planning to attend include: (Please let us know if you have any special needs that we can prepare for you)

zRcRvkf.png  XwoJPhb.png

Guest Cottage for vendors

Aleck (Adventuring Gear inc: high end compasses)

Achillis (Blacksmithing/weaponsmithing/misc. high level goods)

Bearclaws (Various goods)

BZ5Milr.png

Chuckwagon Food Vendor

Toxa - Chuckwagon Pizza vendor

Bring your animals - Bring your friends and come for a day, an event, or the whole week. But come to have fun!

Should you decide to stay for the week we do have Lodging available at our Tavern, (5) beds will be on rent in private rooms, but food will be offered for free at the Tavern. Free beds (6) for those that cannot afford better accomodations will be available at our Communal Boarding house. There will be chests available for stashing gear in at the Boarding House, but they will not be secure so please only use if needed, and name your items if you put them in so you can retrieve them later. 

fywk5Cu.png  urM15Jg.png 

Oak Hill Taven 

MZGJaWT.png

Oak Hill Public Boarding House

(more information will be added as the event nears)

Anyone interested in becoming a vendor (craft or food) for the event either including imp availability or not, please contact me. We will have housing available for vendors during the event as guests of Oak Hill. Vendors will be able to place a merchant either on Merchant Row in front of their Guest Cabins, or at various locations around the ranch. 

I am also looking for Fo Priests willing to offer services of Gen Healing of animals during the event. We have three Fo stations in our monestary, so we have plenty of room.

Any other priests wishing to attend or lead Prayer circles are also welcome to contact me, we will have prayer circle locations set up around the deed for your needs.

Contact Lyndee in game, or you can reach me here through comment or message.  

Oak Hill Ranch

More pictures and updates to come weekly check back for more information!

Edited by LynD
Update
  • Like 10
  • Cat 1

Side note, if anyone is interested in setting up temporary shop as a vendor for the event, please let me know - we will have guest cottages available to use for the week, along with merchant stalls set in front of the cottages. We hope for vendors to join us that are willing to do imping for free for Event attendees, as well as food vendors that may be interested in setting up shop in one of several "Chuckwagons" we will have set up around the deed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LynD said:

Side note, if anyone is interested in setting up temporary shop as a vendor for the event, please let me know - we will have guest cottages available to use for the week, along with merchant stalls set in front of the cottages. We hope for vendors to join us that are willing to do imping for free for Event attendees, as well as food vendors that may be interested in setting up shop in one of several "Chuckwagons" we will have set up around the deed. 

I don't want to look stupid but what is a "chuck wagon"

• Like 1

Count me in! I'll volunteer to be a imper, I have several skills near, at, and above 70 including blacksmithing, cloth tailoring, leather working, and masonry. I'd also love to set up shop there, we (my bf and I) do vynora casts, make compasses and horse shoes, along with other adventuring gear like bedrolls and tents. 

The events sound awesome! can't wait to participate in them!

8 hours ago, MiniKilljoy said:

I don't want to look stupid but what is a "chuck wagon"

In the days when Cowboys wandered the west moving cattle around huge ranches and over vast tracks to "russle" them to market, the "chuckwagon" was the wagon where the cowboy that tended to food would work out of, when meals were ready the cowboys would gather there around the fire and have their meals. 

2 hours ago, magdegreen said:

Count me in!

Consider yourself counted! 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MiniKilljoy said:

one of several "Chuckwagons" we will have set up around the deed. 

We will have several Wagons set up around the deed where players can grab something to eat out of, if a food vendor is interested in restocking a particular wagon, putting up a sign by it so players know who is providing the food there, we would be happy to designate that wagon to that vendor for the duration of the Rodeo. (at least that is how the concept is hashing out so far)

• Like 1

I am interested in it, but I don't know yet if I can make it since its so far out right now

1 minute ago, MiniKilljoy said:

I am interested in it, but I don't know yet if I can make it since its so far out right now

Well I do hope you will be able to attend of course, but the primary reason for announcing it so early was to be sure we would not run interference with anyone elses event planning. 

20 hours ago, Iohn said:

RSVP from Tridents Cove :)

Looking forward to seeing you!

What are the rules/guideliens for the alternative mount race? Is it a "Ride anything you want except a horse" or is it "Race your wagons/carts with anything hitched to them you can hitch except a horse"?

I assume mules and hellhorses are not considered alternative enough? :)

51 minutes ago, Aleck said:

What are the rules/guideliens for the alternative mount race?

It is a mounted race, not a pulling race, and anything except traditional mounts will be accepted. Hell Horses and Donkeys/Mules are considered to be traditional. I know there has been a lot of interest in players being able to race, alternative animals considered Agro, so we thought it would be a fun event for all. It is being run as the Grand Finale of the Rodeo - last day, last event. But if anyone is coming for an extended time, we will have pens for them. (players must bring their own food for their alternative beasts), if a feeding trough is required for feeding just let us know and one will be installed in the pen prior to arrival. 

Makes sense. Definitely count me in on racing the craziest thing I can capture and breed before then.

2 minutes ago, Aleck said:

Definitely count me in on racing the craziest thing I can capture and breed before then.

LOL okay will do, just remember to let us know what you are racing when you know. Part of the idea for this is if there are more than three of any type, they will race together as a class. 

Event information has been updated for the week - we are still looking for Vendors who wish to attend for the week, as well as notification of anyone wishing to race in the Alt Mount race. Thank you for looking! Lyndee

Updated on Auction information and Jousting information.