Sign in to follow this  
SweetSusie

Branded dead horse bug

There seems to be a bug with dead branded horses.

A while back I've had a couple branded horses who died on deed and i couldnt do anything, no options in the menu. This seemed to solve itself after a shutdown.

Yesterday i found one of my branded horses dead off deed and the same thing happened. I had to call a GM to get the equipment back.

I think i've heard or read it somewhere else before but the GM suggested making a bug report about it so it can be dealt with.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. I had no options on my dead horse. It was branded to my deed and on my deed outside.

However my alt from another deed who had permissions on the horse before it died was able to loot it.

Edited by Arno

Similar thing happened to me recently. I decided to "cull" a 3 speeder horse with equipment on.

It was branded. My alt (who had permissions for it) killed it but couldn't loot the gear. 

I logged in on my main who is the mayor and I could loot the gear. 

Similar bug happened a year ago when a spider ate my horse off deed. Branded, as mayor couldn't loot my own horse. This needs to be fixed. 

• Like 1

When a branded horse dies, unless you are on permissions by name. You no longer have permissions. Till the server resets and removes all permissions.

On deed, in most cases the Mayor will still have permissions.

It's a extra step, but be sure that you add yourself by name on your branded animals.

Our permission system has  a few kinks :(

• Like 2

I do not know whether this has anything to do with the above problems, but I had the situation that a branded nicknamed donkey did not show the name after death. All my deceased horses did, and it appeared on their gravestone.

I was recently out hunting and came across this problem with my tamed branded hell horse.  a mob killed my hell horse and I was unable to pick up the horse after many attempts to access his pull down menu and I had to submit a ticket.  I had a saddle and horseshoes on the horse.  I even tried to tunnel into the mountain tile that I thought he was on and got the message A corpse of old tearpepper on the surface disturbs your operation.  So I am certain that the horse was up on the surface and not glitched into the mountain.  A GM responded very quickly and was able to give me back my horses body. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:47 AM, Ohana said:

When a branded horse dies, unless you are on permissions by name. You no longer have permissions. Till the server resets and removes all permissions.

On deed, in most cases the Mayor will still have permissions.

It's a extra step, but be sure that you add yourself by name on your branded animals.

Our permission system has  a few kinks :(

Oh this could be what happened outside the deed. I don't think i add myself to the permissions after branding since im the mayor.

Still it also happened on deed so that must be a bug unless i overlooked something.

I will be adding myself to the permissions from now on, thank you!

10 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

Oh this could be what happened outside the deed. I don't think i add myself to the permissions after branding since im the mayor.

Still it also happened on deed so that must be a bug unless i overlooked something.

I will be adding myself to the permissions from now on, thank you!

Last night this happened again to Brandoniron his horse I guess died of old age while he was leading him off deed.   Brandoniron branded the horse himself to his deed but again he didn't get the pull down menu.  So he sent a support ticket in to get his rare saddle and horse shoes.   When the Gm got there he said the perms were listed in my name,  which Brandoniron did give me perms on the horse so that I could ride it since it was branded to him.  He didn't even think to give his own self perms on HIS horse since he was mayor of the deed it was branded to and he owned the horse.  The Gm said it was not a bug because there was perms on the horse and therefore was not a GM issue,  but its still a bug because I was not owner of the horse even though he gave me perms.  That could add a whole new can of worms if I was able to take his rare saddle and horse shoes just because I had perms on his horse.  The equipment and horse was not mine I shouldn't have been able to pull HIS gear off HIS horse when it died so maybe that might need to be looked into as well.  So yeah he will make sure he gives himself perms to all his branded horses .  lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poppyrain said:

Last night this happened again to Brandoniron his horse I guess died of old age while he was leading him off deed.   Brandoniron branded the horse himself to his deed but again he didn't get the pull down menu.  So he sent a support ticket in to get his rare saddle and horse shoes.   When the Gm got there he said the perms were listed in my name,  which Brandoniron did give me perms on the horse so that I could ride it since it was branded to him.  He didn't even think to give his own self perms on HIS horse since he was mayor of the deed it was branded to and he owned the horse.  The Gm said it was not a bug because there was perms on the horse and therefore was not a GM issue,  but its still a bug because I was not owner of the horse even though he gave me perms.  That could add a whole new can of worms if I was able to take his rare saddle and horse shoes just because I had perms on his horse.  The equipment and horse was not mine I shouldn't have been able to pull HIS gear off HIS horse when it died so maybe that might need to be looked into as well.  So yeah he will make sure he gives himself perms to all his branded horses .  lol

Am I correct that you had bit only ride permission but Manage too? Anyway if so than you could remove the gear also when the horse was alive so that is truly not a GM case. The fact that the person branding does not automatically getting personal manage perms is an issue and same applies to minedoors etc.

Edit: issue BECAUSE it is not obvious at first sight so a warning message might be handy - a similar one like the theft warning upon dropping your first item off deed.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

This is still going on. This happened to me, on deed.

Cornersville deed on Indy. I am mayor. A branded horse of mine died on my deed, and I could not pick it up. Same symptoms. I had no drop down menu when I wanted to right click pick it up ...

kIpfHUR.jpg

Thanks your time,

Teeebomb