Sklo:D

[Released] Distant Rendering for Wurm Unlimited

Do you mean set the max render distance in the properties file to zero? Or once in the game set the render_distance to zero? I guess there's actually three places it could be set to zero. Which one is that of which you speak. 😉

15 hours ago, TheMacGregor said:

Do you mean set the max render distance in the properties file to zero? Or once in the game set the render_distance to zero? I guess there's actually three places it could be set to zero. Which one is that of which you speak. 😉

Best to use properties file before starting, I would say. If the problem persists with render range 0 then the issue cannot be the distant rendering mod itself, because it is (almost) inactive then.

Now this may sound strange but I got it to where I can log on to the online server in one or two tries. I had the server side distant rendering mod disabled for my LOCAL server. But enabled for my ONLINE server. When I enabled it for BOTH local and online I could reliably log on to my online server in one or two tries instead of three or more. 🤪

My online server has a plethora of mods and I thought there may be a conflict. But now I don't think so.

Edited by TheMacGregor

2 hours ago, TheMacGregor said:

Now this may sound strange but I got it to where I can log on to the online server in one or two tries. I had the server side distant rendering mod disabled for my LOCAL server. But enabled for my ONLINE server. When I enabled it for BOTH local and online I could reliably log on to my online server in one or two tries instead of three or more. 🤪

My online server has a plethora of mods and I thought there may be a conflict. But now I don't think so.

Nobody else seem to have any related issue so it still stays a mystery.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, Sklo:D said:

Nobody else seem to have any related issue so it still stays a mystery.

Found out this problem occurs only when using the Modern render but not with the Legacy.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:11 PM, TheMacGregor said:

Found out this problem occurs only when using the Modern render but not with the Legacy.

Give the new bugfix update (1.2) a try, maybe it will help you too.

Edited by Sklo:D

Hi Dominik

First thanks to working on improving the quality of the wurm unlimited experience.

I have a question relative to a problem i have with the installation with the server side mod.

I upload the files (distantrendering folder with the distantrendering.jar file) and also the distantrendering.properties file

When i don't upload the distantrendering.properties file, my dedicated server can start and run

When i upload the distantrendering.properties file the dedicated server fail to start

Do you have an idea of the source of that problem?

4 hours ago, Bobsponge said:

Hi Dominik

First thanks to working on improving the quality of the wurm unlimited experience.

I have a question relative to a problem i have with the installation with the server side mod.

I upload the files (distantrendering folder with the distantrendering.jar file) and also the distantrendering.properties file

When i don't upload the distantrendering.properties file, my dedicated server can start and run

When i upload the distantrendering.properties file the dedicated server fail to start

I believe you're uploading the clientside "distantrendering.properties"  the one for server should be "distantrenderingserver.properties" unless you have just mistyped it here.

5 hours ago, Bobsponge said:

Hi Dominik

Yes make sure that you install the server mod on the server and the client mod on the client. Otherwise either will stop working.

That was exactly that. Thanks Guys.

I ve put the client mod files in the server files folder instead of the server side files of the mod.

Server start well. I will now see how it looks like

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bobsponge said:

That was exactly that. Thanks Guys.

I ve put the client mod files in the server files folder instead of the server side files of the mod.

Server start well. I will now see how it looks like

Glad that it worked have fun with the mod

Nice job Dominik

An other 2 question:

1- What is the maximum that we can put on maxRenderDistance=  ?

2- We see now the trees in a far distance. If we want also render the grass in the far distance. Is it possible?

4 hours ago, Bobsponge said:

Nice job Dominik

An other 2 question:

1- What is the maximum that we can put on maxRenderDistance=  ?

2- We see now the trees in a far distance. If we want also render the grass in the far distance. Is it possible?

1) depends on your PC, I saw people with crazy high numbers

2) not with this mod

Hi Dominik

Your mod is awesome. So great landscape obtained with it.

I have a question

The time passed in my Wurm World. Autumn and winter now. Do you have the same thing than me?

Trees in far distance rendering with your mod are not autumn colored or snowy in Winter (I talked of course not about the coniferous but about the other trees, deciduous trees that have their leaves colored in autum and lose their leaves in winter)

Or there is some parameters i have to change?

I will fix it within the next months. Currently working on some server side mods.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, Bobsponge said:

Hi Dominik

Your mod is awesome. So great landscape obtained with it.

I have a question

The time passed in my Wurm World. Autumn and winter now. Do you have the same thing than me?

Trees in far distance rendering with your mod are not autumn colored or snowy in Winter (I talked of course not about the coniferous but about the other trees, deciduous trees that have their leaves colored in autum and lose their leaves in winter)

Or there is some parameters i have to change?

Fixed in the latest release https://gitlab.com/Dominikk/wu-sklotopolis-client-distantrendering-pub/-/releases/1.3-RELEASE