Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Stupidly simple Quality of Life improvements

Please, no debates or discussion, just post your very simple, uncontroversial, one-line ideas that are easy to implement and would improve the Quality of Life for just about every player.

I'll start.

In the dialog that pops up when you select Sleep on a bed, add some vertical space between the No button and the Send button, so that a player who just misses the Send button, waits a few seconds, realizes that they're not going to sleep, and clicks the Send button again... doesn't have to restart the entire process.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3

When harvesting crops, it is possible to harvest more than 100 items if the last harvest takes you over the inventory 100 item limit, but when you drag this number into a container, currently only the first 100 are deposited with a message about only allowing you to move 100 at a time, so please fix this to allow all items in inventory to be dragged to the FSB or BSB (even if over 100) to save having to repeat the action.

Have a checkbox in the settings ui tab to disable the entire filter items section of the inventory window

Allow search/filter in more windows then only inventory(it makes so much more sense to have it in say a large storage unit)

• Like 4

Personal only events tab.

Option to disable bee hives from popping up in events.

• Like 4

Work with/on ALL massive items on the ground without needing to pick them up.

e.g. Nobody really holds a tree in one hand to carve it into something else with the other.

e.g. Nobody except Wile E Coyote wants to hit anything with an anvil (even a small one).

• Like 4

Work on bulk materials directly from containers.

e.g. making bricks from shards - add the shards in a bsb to crafting window alongside the chisel - make bricks.  If it's too hard to have the bricks appear in the container, make them on the ground in front of you (like a bunch of other stuff).

• Like 4

Make the open range and interact range standard across everything as in IF YOU CAN OPEN IT UP BE ABLE TO USE IT 

The amount of times i can open up a bsb but i cant interact with the content inside of it except for dropping into is far to dam high

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

Make the open range and interact range standard across everything as in IF YOU CAN OPEN IT UP BE ABLE TO USE IT 

The amount of times i can open up a bsb but i cant interact with the content inside of it except for dropping into is far to dam high

And make "You are not allowed to do that" only EVER apply when the issue is a permissions issue, not a length-of-your-reach issue.

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 7

Let us use ladders from anyway within 1 tile (i.e. anywhere on a 3x3 area) and not blocked by walls etc.  (Disembark, anyone?)

Add repair button in crafting window instead having to right-click the tool to repair it.

• Like 8

Being able to set a default quantity value when you drag from a BSB / FSB to inventory so you don't have to fill a value and hit Enter to the pop-up every time

Edited by Syhl
  • Like 5

Make cats house pets (non aggresive). Have them automatically wander around your house looking for sofa / chair / table / bed to sleep on. 

If the cat is on your bed you can't sleep in it. You have to "shoo it away" from the bed.

You get the following message : "The adolescent cat "Ms. Tubbsman" protests as you shoo her away from her comfy place." 

Not joking, it's pretty easy to do and would add more "life" to living in a house. 

That aside, I'd  make it so plate armor doesn't "clip" through shoulder pads and fix clipping issues with various sets of armors / clothing. It's quite an easy fix and annoys me to no end which is why I don't play in 3rd person view. 

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

After pressing ALT item's volume should be displayed in details.

After pressing ALT over weapon we should see damage, attack speed, damage type.

After pressing ALT over armor we should see table or number with protective value that armor provides us.

When I have active grooming brush I should see an icon above animals if it needs grooming.
Similarly with the bucket and milking.
Scissors and sheering.
We should see gender and whether a given animal is pregnant from a distance.

Containers under name should show how full they are.

The number of actions from crafting window should be taken into account for each action, i.e. if I chose 2 actions in window and I cut tree/mining wall/digging/etc one keystroke on keyboard should add 2 actions to queue.

Change camera offset for 3rd person view when traveling by wagon and ship to increase the field of view.

During combat instead of a long text above mob's head, it is enough to show the number of damage he received, more details, if the player wants, he will see it in the combat log.

Tabs of logs combat/event/etc should have the option of automatic change so that they themselves switch to log in which new information was recently displayed.

When combat starts tabs automatically switch to combat log, and when combat ends, tab that was selected by player before combat becomes selected again.
Or, there should be an "All tab" showing all information in one place, but information from each tab with different prefix EVENT/COMBAT/etc and maybe in a different color.

a DISLIKE button on the forums, along with a 'meh' button. 

we can call it our ability to vote: yea, nea, and abstaining. 

• Like 2

Showing HP bar (in numbers not %)  and actual damage numbers for weapons. I know of no other MMO that hides its combat rules so much as Wurm. 

• Like 3

Combine multiple combinable items by right clicking on the list header and selecting "combine" instead of having to either activate one and combine each other one into it or put them in the craft window to combine them.

• Like 7

bowling alleys in starter towns so when we bored we can go have a play, might mingle there say hello. 

• Like 1

Allow Knarr options window to pop up near the bow of the Knarr not just the aft section.

• Like 4

Give horses similar speed controls to a ship. 

There should be a canter option that's not as fast as a full gallop, but has reduced stamina cost. 

Horses should be able to walk, allowing the rider to regain stamina.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 3