Sign in to follow this  
Borstaskor

Borstaskor's Drafters - Premium draft mules and hell horses

Welcome to Borstaskor’s Premium drafters!

We will help you get the fastest of the fast carts and wagons!

Hi! Im primarily a cook, but I figured I'd put my 90 AH to good use and add some supply of draft mules/hellies!
I will only be selling mules and hell horses as those are the fastest drafters in the game.
I will also not be selling anything less than 4-draft.

Mules:

Price for a 4-draft mule: 30c

Currently in stock: Yes (max 10)

Info:

• All non-rare mules have 4 draft traits plus 2-3 additional misc traits (example). One of the traits are always spark (lives 50% longer).
  • Mules are faster than horses, but are also uglier. You will have to accept that or cover them up with some barding. Dyable cloth barding is something I can recommend!
  • PSA: Mules can not breed.
  • The prices are for pick-up/self serve. I don't offer deliveries.

Hell horses:

Price for a 4-draft molten hell horse: 50c

Currently in stock: Yes (max 10)

Info:

• [08-09-2022] All Hell horses have 4 draft traits plus 3 additional misc traits (example).
  • Hitchable hell horses will have a date in their name to indicate when they got hitchable. They will unhitch after ~105 days, but let's say 100 days to be safe. This will let you know/calc when you need to replace them.
  • [Patchnotes 16-08-2022] Molten now increases speed when hitched. More tests are needed to know to what extent.
  • [01-11-2022] I only sell moltens unless with rare traits.
  • The prices are for pick-up/self serve. I don't offer deliveries.

My self-serve market (and pick-up location)

For the people who'd like to browse and pick their own companions!

The self serve can be found at M20 cadence. Deed name is Tranoas and can be found on the highway.

Procedure for the self-serve:

• Browse among the animals and have a look at their traits (you'll need 30+ AH to inspect them to browse traits). I only sell animals with minimum of 4 draft traits.
  • Buy the key corresponding to the companion of your choice from the merchant.
  • Unhitch the animal from the hitching post (you need to be dismounted to do this).
  • Return the key to the red chest named "Return keys here" (please).
  • Lead the animal off in to new adventures!

Disclaimer: I do not have lead permissions on my deed, so if you lead it off deed and then lead it back on to the deed and unlead it after doing all that, you won't be able to lead it again. Make sure you brand it when you return home, as most people don't have lead permissions set for their deeds!

Basic FAQ

Basic information for newer players about drafting stuff and things

Q. What is a "draft" trait?

A trait is a trait within the draft category that is supposed to improve the animals ability while being hitched to a cart/wagon/ship transporter/creature transporter. 3 out of the 4 basic draft traits makes the vehicle faster.

I say supposed because there is a draft trait that people refer to as "the gear draft trait" which is entirely useless. Some people are hoping that the planned AH changes will make this trait useful, so we're still calling it a ½-draft trait currently.

Q. How much faster does the draft traits make my cart/wagon?

Nobody has any exact numbers on this. But for anyone who used to use 3 speed traits pre AH changes, then the 3 speed increasing draft traits are slightly faster than the old 3 speeds.

The traits are also not always active, so the speed might fluctuate based on which draft animal you're using.

Q. Which draft animal is the fastest?

Hell horses are by far the fastest draft animals for 2 reasons:

1. Their base speed is higher
  2. They keep their traits active at all times due to their naturally high soul depth skill. A regular horse keep their traits active around 50% of the time, meaning on average 3 out of the 6 total draft traits on two draft horses hitched to a cart will be active at a time. Sometimes more, sometimes less. No numbers for mules, but they are similar to horses in trait upkeep. So while the speed of a draft mule/horse cart will vary, a hell cart will always run at their max speed.

You can see some numbers comparing the base speed of some animals a few sections above in this post.

Q. Wait, then why isn't everyone using hell horses?

Hell horse comes with a few downsides too, such as:

• They are aggressive and will sometimes start to attack you. This is more of an issue on horseback since there's no good way to stop them from attacking you. They will not attack you if you're sitting on a cart with hitched hell horses. They will attack your friends too!
  • They will become too unruly and unhitch from carts/wagons/etc. at the end of the "aged" stage. More precisely, they will unhitch once they are 30-ingame months old (not counting foal age, which "resets" their age anyway).
  • They got other less known but abuse-able issues too which can kill the hellie. I won't note them here since it often times requires intentionally acting malicious to do these things.

Q. So, which one should I use then?

That will be up to each individual. I would say, if you can live with hell horses being aggressive and you have the funds or AH skill to replace hell horses every so often, hell horses are by far superior for speed.

If you don't have the money (or simply isn't willing to spend it) on hellies, then mules is the second best option. They are the second fastest option for carts and they are equal to bison for wagons, but can also be geared which makes them superior to bison. They can also be cared for to make sure they don't die of old age (basically will live indefinitely if kept fed/parking on grass).

A lot of people also prefer not using hell horses for carts used for deed work, since they can't be bothered with the aggressive hellies. You should also never use hell horses on carts for group activities, such as rifts.

I personally use hell horses, but that's because I can easily enough replace them when needed.

Q. So if I buy a pair of 4-draft mules from you, I will basically have the fastest cart I can get, right?

No. Getting traited animals is only (the cheap) half of the equation. You can also raise the speed of the cart by doing other things, such as using gear on your draft animals.

Speed of the cart is based on these things, their importance being in no particular order:

• Type of animal hitched and their traits
  • Quality of horseshoes equipped on said animals
  • Woa cast on the horseshoes (1 woa power is equal to 1 ql in effectiveness)
  • Rarity of horse shoes
  • Rarity of the cart
  • Vehicle speed increase rune

Updates

For the people curious about the changes I've made

[07-09-2021]
Prices for hell horses has been adjusted to not have specifically moltens be more expensive.
                          - Let's be real here.. if moltens and nightshades are equally fast, then nightshade is the superior color and I'm willing to fite anyone who says otherwise! 🏋️‍♂️

[04-10-2021]
3-draft mules has been removed.
                          - Even tho they currently are just as good as a 4-draft mule, I'll stop selling them even if it's on a discount. I'll probably start giving them away to friends or alliance members instead. 🤓

[04-10-2021]
Mules sold counter has been removed.
                          - I forget to update it and I'm also lazy! 🤤
[12-10-2021]
Prices has been reduced to 3 silver for hell horses.
                          - I've always thought that they were expensive 🤷‍♂️
[12-10-2021]
Prices has been reduced to 2 silver for mules
                          - I'm starting to get a lot of mules, so let's start spreading the ugly around!
[23-10-2021]
Prices has been reduced to 1 silver for mules
                          - Let's drastically reduce the price and spread the love of mules!
[07-11-2021]
Now only selling mules with 4 drafts + 2 misc traits.
                          - Nothing worse, only the best. Might sneak in a few pick-up traited mules in there for the people who prefers that!

[08-12-2021]
Prices for hell horses has been reduced from 3 silver to 2 silver.
                          - Everyone likes cheap stuff!

[01-04-2022]
Prices for hell horses has been reduced from 2 silver to 1.5 silver.
                          - Keeping up with the competition 😊

[29-04-2022]
Prices for hell horses has been reduced from 1.5 silver to 1 silver.
                          - Getting cheaper..

[29-04-2022]
Prices for mules has been reduced from 1 silver to 50 copper.
                          - Cheap cheap cheap...!

[08-05-2022]
Rares section added
                          - Even tho it'll likely be empty for most of the time.. I've killed like 90% of my rare traited animals because they're bad 😭
[13-06-2022]
Prices for hell horses has been lowered from 1s to 75c
                          - Price reductions to keep up with the market price

[08-09-2022]
The following hell horse info text has been changed:
Old: All Hell horses have 4 draft traits plus 2-3 additional misc traits (example). One of them is always stationary to make sure they don't run away with your gear when unhitched, even without a saddle if you prefer that look.

New: All Hell horses have 4 draft traits plus 3 additional misc traits (example).
                          - I'll be selling hellies with all kind of combination of 3 misc traits instead of only ones with stationary trait.

[08-09-2022]
The following hell horse info text has been deleted:
Approximately 50% of my hellies will be of the Nightshade color. The rest will be of other colors, such as molten, shadow, pesti, cincer and incandescent. Pm me in-game to inquire about what colors are available!
                          - I'll be switching my color focus to moltens.

[01-11-2022]
The following hell horse info text has been added:
I only sell moltens.
                          - Because I now only sell moltens.

Contact

NFI: Borstaskor

I'm generally available afternoon/evenings on weekdays and most of the weekends [EU times].

Self-serve and pick up at M20 cadence (deed name: Tranoas).

My other businesses

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 3

Used these self service pens to purchase 4 mules. Purchasing was simple, animals were quality, and less expensive than competitors that advertise in trade chat all day. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Prices lowered. Please refer to the "updates" section to see what changed!

Update:
I now only sell moltens. All other colors have been discontinued.

Bump.

Full stock (20+) of moltens.

You can bet on there always being 20+ in stock from now on as I'm caught up on replacing all my colors to moltens.

Highly recommend.  BTW, let me know when your immortal mules are back in stock.  Thanks!