Sign in to follow this  
PandyLynn

Goodbye Waaroku

A little while ago, it was discovered that a long-time player, one of the few who settled on Celebration at its opening, passed away earlier this year in April. I reached out to his family in hopes of confirming, but I didn't receive a response. Circumstantial evidence leans heavily to the fact that Waaroku is no longer with us. Anyone who knew Waar, knew how much his deeds meant to him. He'd never let them fall. His mother posted on her social media that she was having computer issues after her son's death and needed help in order to continue the soap business. She has also posted many remembrances of him as well.

He had a tough exterior, gruff demeanor and loved to push the boundaries in all the chats. He also loved to help new players and kept a public mine outside of the spawn city of Tap Dance for this reason. He was a good friend to me. I will miss him for that.

As Waaroku's last deed falls, so, too, does a part of Celebration's community and history.

• Like 28

Lived next to this guy for years when we built TapDance market... he was basically a member of our village when we lived there.. sad times :(

Have a lot of good memories of our exploits 

Edited by Crack
  • Like 2

i lived in 4 or 5 diferent places around celebration for the first 2 years of the server or so and remember his fenced areas very well.

i havent talked to him in years but its sad to know he is gone.

• Like 1

I'm really sad to hear. Waaroku was definitely a one-of-a-kind - not that I ever liked the "favella" area but that is a personal aesthetics issue of myself only.

Still will miss the seemingly forever lasting and infinite length fences and much more the occasional greetings and little chats when riding around.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I didn't know him that well, but I did talk to him a few times and he seemed like a good guy. He will definitely be missed.

• Like 1

I met Waaroku when on my other toon, delivering some goods to someone on Cele.  Waar spotted me in local and we started to chat.  Such a gentleman!  Polite, courteous and helpful, and full of positive stories about helping new players, and living near the spawn on Cele.  Waar was a pleasure to meet in person, and, as I am sure others will agree, in person, he completely turned around any impressions left by GL chat.  I also saw the 'real gentleman' Waar when he used to help new players in CA Help, where Waar was polite and helpful and always gave completely straight honest answers in a patient manner.  Taking the time to understand him better, definitely improved my opinion of him, and so I had a lot of time for Waar.  I'm very sad that he's gone.  He will be missed.

• Like 2

Hopefully it's not like in RL..where the old, died things were the good and precious things, and everything that comes after is a bit lesser and more poor.

I will miss Waaroku, his humor in GL chat will be missed also, his demeanor tough but behind that but a caring ,kind individual.

• Like 4

Very sad news.

RIP one of the longest residents of cele.

I passed the news onto my villagers. We don't play anymore but the boys from Mercenary Camp, South Steppe send their condolences.

- RomaN

- Frostbite

- Colus

- Opije

- Jake

• Like 1

Waarokku passed away some months ago.  I'm not close enough to his family to ask them how much information they're willing to share about it, but I can confirm that he is gone.

• Like 5

So tragic, he was a very wonderful guy.  I didn't know him that closely when I was in the same alliance on Cele with him.  However he was always kind and humorous.  May he rest in peace :(

• Like 1

I heard of this in GL a while ago its really sad news 

He will be missed 

RIP Waar  

• Like 2

[22:02:44] <Waarokku> what i like about me!? i really know how to dance...when i go uptown jump around think about true romance,yeah
[22:02:58] <Waarokku> i keep on whispering in my ear,tell me all the things that i want to hear cause its true
[22:03:03] <Waarokku> im what i like about me
[22:03:27] <Waarokku> i dont know whats worse,that i sing love songs to myself
[22:03:39] <Waarokku> or that i fall for them

Last conversation I got to have with the big fella was him jumping in on my song spams in GL-Freedom and having a meme, instead of his usual of just calling me stupid.

He will be missed, I thought I hadn't seen or heard from him in awhile. A quick scan through my chat logs and we have as far back as April this year of people wondering where he had gotten too.

I say it all the time..being a spring chicken in this game, watching Wurm friends all pass away slowly from either old age or the health complications that come with aging isn't getting easier.

R.I.P Waar.

• Like 4

Rest easy Waar, your battle has been fought, may you find  eternal inner peace and friends in the sky you been missing.

With Waar, a piece of wurm history  dies off.
Yet another wurmian that has fallen from us, it never gets easy....knowing how many close friends in wurm online,wether it be staff or just players have died over the years....

Untill we meet again!

--Elwood

• Like 3

Waaroku confused me to be honest, but you always knew there was a good person behind the keyboard. I truly wish I could have gotten to know him better when I had the chance.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by neopherus

Damn sad news indeed. I first encountered Waar when i was a CM and damn he was a pain... always dancing back and forth on the limit of the acceptable in the public chats. But the man behind the keyboard was someone else when you learned to knew him. It's with great sadness that i learn the loss of another friend and wurmian. Rest in peace Waarokku.

• Like 2

Deeply saddened to hear of this. I haven't been around ingame for some time now, however he's one name I don't think I'll ever forget! Humorous in many ways, eventful to deal with as a staff member in global chat, and a rather interesting fellow to chat to on a personal level. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Like 3

I think every chat mod knew of him 😆

Was a great bloke when you talked to him one on one, I remember passing by on retro and he talked my ear off for an hour or more about his ingame projects. 

Guy didn't have an easy life from what he shared, but a bit of wurms colour is gone with his passing. 

Next time you pass a fence, think of waaroku and his mad desire to fence half of celebration off 

Oh no. Waar gone? Sad, sad day. Rest in peace, my friend. Celebration will not be the same without you... 😪

• Like 1

Wowzers that's a harsh blow,and here i was thinking about returning to Wurm even after the horrible AH update,but without Waar Celebration just won't be the same.