Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Join Starter Deed

Can we get the ability to join a starter deed with some limitations like only being able to brand 1 horse.  Be helpful for us that travel between multiple servers all the time.

Deed branding is managed by anyone/mayor only/roles. 

How do you imagine this to work, everyone who joins the starting village gets personal role and brands and manages only it's creature/s?

I agree that this has to be managed, also the scripted /vinvite for a player wanting to join one of the starter deeds. It would just require that a special brand permission is granted alongside granting citizenship. It would require automated unbranding once the player leaves the deed.

Also, the maximum number of creatures to be branded would have to be adjusted (if all players from "abroad" register starter deed citizenship the maximum number of creatures to be branded could be exceeded). For player mayors, it is not possible to restrict the number of creatures a citizen may brand.

Additionally, it could be mulled to limit the time of such a citizenship, alongside with unbranding the "personal animal", maybe for half a year, with an automatic mail informing that this will happen (in two weeks, tomorrow ..).

Don't know if I have forgotten something. But generally, no dramatic change, but certainly useful.

Sounds a bit of a branding bandaid to me.

Just make branding persistent over servers.

Or make somehow new 'branding' / ownership claiming for animals based on AH skill or something for premiums.

This is possibly bound to turn into a ....storm in a persistent world with many alts..

We have already seen some ditched animals cared-for by players who are on break or have quitted the game, some are useful, other not possible to kill.

Or instead of 'branding' in the current form, every individual could get an option to personally 'brand' 1 animal that would be linked to them & not a deed. If not just 1, idk, slowly increase so they can brand at most 4 at, say, 70 AH? That gives you enough to hitch to a wagon. Require at least 20.1 AH to brand, so you don't have free alt armies branding everything.

Have the current 'branding iron' and a separate 'personal brand'. You'd still be required to brand them on every server ( so they don't have to re-write anything due to how servers interact ), but you could brand & own up to 4 animals regardless of whether you're on a deed or not.

Edited by zethreal
  • Like 1

I thought about this mainly because of "random teleport" and "recall home".  Would be nice to travel to a starter town on another server, right click the token and join the starter village with no permissions.  Then can use "recall home" back to starter deed.  The branding a single horse was an extra, but not my focus as I use a tent or large cart to manage my horses on multiple server.

Used to manage being a member of multiple deeds on different servers, but didn't work as communication wasn't on point since I'm not always on that server/deed.  Some times I'd have some horses and later find out the deed was disbanded and I lost my horses.  This is why was thinking about branding 1 single horse.

Just want something for those who like to travel a lot and not stay on 1 deed on 1 server a little easier.

• Like 1