Sign in to follow this  
Muse

A personal email from the boss.

This is my brother's idea, and I'd like to expand upon it.

He says, wouldn't it be good if players who had not logged into a game in a while, would get an email from the BBEG (end game boss) saying pretty much "What are you waiting for?  Come and get me!"

Wurm doesn't have an end game as such, but it made me think of situations in Wurm where it might be cool to receive an email from one of the NPCs.

For example: 

• From the Rift Warmaster - "I'll be invading Deliverance tomorrow at 20:00 EST with my waves of minions, come face me if you dare."
  • From an NPC Merchant - "Look I'm gonna quit if you don't come back and pick up your money and/or give me some more goods to sell!"
  • From an on deed NPC Trader - "I'm a bit worried that deed upkeep is low, you know I won't stay around if the deed disbands - just a heads up - come back soon!"

etc.

These emails could be opt out, so people don't get spammed more than they are happy.

Just a few ideas :) 

• Like 9

Agreed some less frequent players might appreciate the deed notice for sure +1

• Like 1

I think the deed notification is really good. +1 indeed 

• Like 1

There are already deed upkeep notifications that go out for less than 30 days then 7 days notice, but I like the gamification of these messages for sure!

+1

• Like 2

Nice idea, a little something that could go a long way for some. +1

• Like 2

yeah definitely +1

email reminders would be very handy

If I do not log on to facebook for a long time, I get such e-mails... but my e-mail automatically puts them in spam. If other people have similar settings I don't know if this will improve anything.

The idea with better communication is good, but spam like "you don't play, we want you to play" is not fashionable anymore.

Other games send messages about monthly updates... if Wurm has a new skin every month, I would suggest sending information and a photo of that skin instead.

• Like 2

If this were implemented, personally I'd very strongly prefer it to be opt-in, rather than opt-out.  I'm probably not the only one who hates getting email I didn't ask for (beyond the strictly necessary stuff), and then having to spend time ticking a bunch of boxes in order to simply be left alone.  Turns me off to a brand when they do this.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 8:00 AM, Darnok said:

If I do not log on to facebook for a long time, I get such e-mails... but my e-mail automatically puts them in spam. If other people have similar settings I don't know if this will improve anything.

The idea with better communication is good, but spam like "you don't play, we want you to play" is not fashionable anymore.

Other games send messages about monthly updates... if Wurm has a new skin every month, I would suggest sending information and a photo of that skin instead.

this is it. people have enough problems getting emails from wurm when they make an account because it goes to spam folders by default, this topics suggestion would just make that worse.