Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

Public Slaying of a red DRAGON!!

4 hours ago, TwinCrows said:

Legendary event! I took the liberty of recording some clips and patched together a video for it. Thanks goes out to all who participated.

Very impressed to see the sheer number of caravans migrating in and out of the slaying spot! I have a plot nearby and it's been a river of travellers through.

Certainly a very special moment in Wurm for many.

It was something like 50L of dragon blood that was generated, worth at least 25 gold.

That video should be on the Wurm FB page.  One of the biggest events in Wurm history and not a peep on FB.  :( 

It was a great event and a special thanks to those that organized this moment in Wurm history.

Edited by Tukodama
  • Like 1

Great video, and I really like that screen cap tigerclaw!

I edited the OP, but in case people didn't notice...

I wanted to thank everyone for coming out, and making the event so amazing.  A lot of things were very difficult due to the sheer number of players, but all-in-all, I think things went really well.  I was only expecting between 250 - 300 people, so I was blown away!

And if the people who were so kind and generous to me as to give me blood, or sell it to me for cheap, if you could please reach out to me, I would appreciate it.  Thank you

• Like 2

Thanks for public sly. May be public slaying as many as possible. 

Greeting 

On 9/2/2021 at 1:47 PM, Jore said:

they were paid 3g from what I heard to make this public how's that noble

To set the record straight as I have heard some disturbing comments aimed at Sinn and I am not having it - SinnJinn and fUNk didn't get paid anything - I did - money changed hands - but as previously stated by those that did business with me, not the 3g claimed!

I was the finder and Sinnjinn was kind enough to a) help me trap it, and b) act as a go-between for me and those wishing to ensure a public slaying. It was my dragon (as I found it) and I therefore chose what to do with it, private slay, alliance slay, or public...

Money changed hands to ensure it was public, and to reward me for my find - end of! if you didn't like it, then you didn't have to attend - but from the numbers there I guess you were more than happy to turn up with all your alts to take advantage of the work and generosity of others.

It really gets me that I have been told today that Sinn, one of the sweetest people I have met in this game, has been taking grief for "being paid" for his work, when actually he was just trying to shield ME from the vile comments he has been receiving! With reactions like that is it really so surprising that most slays are private? 

*please note this is not aimed specifically at Jore - but this quote was one of the milder slights that I have heard aimed at Sinn and the fUNk team! 

Edited by HeddWyn
  • Like 4

What a great event, thank you to all the hosts and thank you for making this public :)

Amazing turnout and so many showed up, too good to not get a few screenshots.

Alt/Sermon pen:

Spoiler

34eWLdJ.jpg

Someone who scared the hell out of me yellow potioned as a Nogump:

Spoiler

OfDoEJk.jpg

Just before we unleashed the dragon!

Spoiler

ld6dHc7.jpg

N6bVS5F.jpg2v0HLsP.jpg

All i could get before all the lag settled in!

Edited by Zykat
  • Like 2