Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

Public Slaying of a red DRAGON!!

1 hour ago, Jore said:

they were paid 3g from what I heard to make this public how's that noble

1 hour ago, Minnie said:

Without any actual proof beyond hearsay, best to reserve judgement on this - but I'm curious why anybody would pay 3g for a public slaying?

We paid less than 3g (i won't disclose the real amount because that doesn't sound like a fair thing to do if they don't want to) , besides that, the average amount of scale that drops can very likely be worth more than 3g, so credit is due where it's due, they would have gained more golds by keeping it private, Red dragon was really needed and we are happy with how the thing went and had no problem on rewarding someone for making a red dragon public, i was told other people were offered similar amounts and refused, so no need to be salty about it i guess : )

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jore said:

they were paid 3g from what I heard to make this public how's that noble

This will be the third red dragon killed on the north servers, the first two also had this bounty presented. It will drop between 8 and 16g worth of scale and each blood could be sold for 20s or something before this public one. 

Sinnjinn's team is taking a massive loss on this so don't take it light heartedly.

• Like 2

As others have said, they deserve plenty of credit for doing it publicly it isn't in their best financial interest and I'm super happy to see a public red as I know a lot of us have been wanting the blood.

Edited by Lethyria
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, Sinnjinn said:

This slaying will happen at 5:00pm PST / 8:00pm EST / 12:00midnight UTC Thursday Sept 2nd.  The exact location will be disclosed Thursday morning, but this will be happening on Cadence

It's morning.  (And afternoon.. and evening...) 

I think its a really nice thing of both parties to have done, for people to pay for it to be public out there own pocket and for the group who found it to agree and take a huge loss 

Just wanna say i thank you all who have made this possible and people should not be so hard on people when they are getting things for free.. 

On another note i have 1.5 hours free time to get there before i go to work i would love if we could have the location ! or ill not be able to attended and im all here ready to go :S 

Again Thank you for this opportunity for everyone..

27 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

It's morning.  (And afternoon.. and evening...) 

yes and no, lol those are time zones for different countries. apply the one that's closest to you.

18 minutes ago, azuleslight said:

yes and no, lol those are time zones for different countries. apply the one that's closest to you.

Exactly.   So what is morning according to the organizer?

Its 5 hours behind me, so its around 11am where the organizer is. 

Sorry, I meant to get the directions up sooner, but was busy at the rift.  However, everybody still has almost 8 hours....so I'm pretty sure this is plenty of time.

And Jore...I guess haters gonna hate.  But you can still show up and get FREE blood and FREE scale that you did absolutely no work for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sinnjinn said:

Sorry, I meant to get the directions up sooner, but was busy at the rift.  However, everybody still has almost 8 hours....so I'm pretty sure this is plenty of time.

And Jore...I guess haters gonna hate.  But you can still show up and get FREE blood and FREE scale that you did absolutely no work for.

No hate, don't know you and hardly play on NFI anymore but just irked me the wrong way 

Right next to Groningen is my deed "Lame Horse Mine" (On the community map) anyone needing a place to stay we have a inn set up outside the walls and a small secure area for anyone needing to park for the night, the inn also has beds to lay down thy sleep heads, anyone is welcome

• Like 3

Any chance of a map to show best routes to get there by boat from Harmony ?

Sail for Sonata and then head by land to lame horse mine, and north. There may be a boat tunnel between Sonata and Lame horse but I don't know

On 8/30/2021 at 12:53 AM, Sinnjinn said:

DIRECTIONS:  The slaying will take place at K-19.  It's only about a 5 min walk from Sonata.  It is located just a few tiles off the highway, between Sunrise Valley (on the community map) and Groningen (not on the community map) both of which you can route to from the Highway.  It is only about 100 tiles from Groningen.  There is a pointing sign that simply says "this way' pointing to a stone path...follow the path right to the fenced area.  I will try to put up a pavilion where the pointing sign is, but it's not there yet.

Please add a location photo. Understand where to break the camp and put the altar, please) or at least the name of the settlement where the dragon sits. To break the camp closer)) Thank you in advance)

[01:25:50] <Ikki> thank you for this public slaying - great service to the NFI communities

Thank you very much for doing this! Made an impossible thing possible for me :)       [18:21:46] You cut The aged red dragon deadly hard in the chest and slap it.

Thank you for the slaying! 550-600 people there, was a great turnout!

Hope to see you all at the next one!

Thanks for making this available!  Really a once-in-a-Wurm-lifetime event for many!

• Like 1

Legendary event! I took the liberty of recording some clips and patched together a video for it. Thanks goes out to all who participated.

Very impressed to see the sheer number of caravans migrating in and out of the slaying spot! I have a plot nearby and it's been a river of travellers through.

Certainly a very special moment in Wurm for many.

It was something like 50L of dragon blood that was generated, worth at least 25 gold.

Edited by TwinCrows
  • Like 3