Sign in to follow this  
Sinnjinn

Public Slaying of a red DRAGON!!

Yes, you read that correctly.   We are hosting the first ever public slaying of a RED DRAGON

My unique hunting group FUNK (Freedom UNique Killers) has decided that the blood from a red dragon is just too valuable, and helps the community too much, to keep this private.

This has also been made possible due to extremely generous contributions by Lethyria and Luttuosaa.  And was found by my good friend Heddwyn, who was instrumental in helping me trap the beast.

If you don't know, the blood from a red dragon makes a rope-making imbue.  Very valuable and highly sought after by anybody who uses cordage rope as a form of favor generation.   Oh yea...you get some scale too!!

So gather all your alts, and lets flood NFI with tons of red dragon blood!

This slaying will happen at 5:00pm PST / 8:00pm EST / 12:00midnight UTC Thursday Sept 2nd.  The exact location will be disclosed Thursday morning, but this will be happening on Cadence

Hope to see you all there!!!

DIRECTIONS:  The slaying will take place at K-19.  It's only about a 5 min walk from Sonata.  It is located just a few tiles off the highway, between Sunrise Valley (on the community map) and Groningen (not on the community map) both of which you can route to from the Highway.  It is only about 100 tiles from Groningen.  There is a pointing sign that simply says "this way' pointing to a stone path...follow the path right to the fenced area.  I will try to put up a pavilion where the pointing sign is, but it's not there yet.

EDIT:  Pavilion is up...but honestly you'll see mass people in local before you see the pavilion.  ;)

Thank you to everyone who came out for this event.  500 people in local, and there would have been more, but at 500 I think the server stopped letting people log in, and lots of people were constantly being DC'ed.  Anyway, I think that is a record!!  Yea NFI!!

I would also personally like to thank the very kind and generous people who gave me blood after the event, as I was unable to keep my alts logged in long enough to get all of the blood I needed.  However, due to said kind people I was able to get enough blood to have my rope-tool fully imbued.  THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!  and since I'll have a fully imbued rope tool, if you were one of the people to give me, or sell me blood super cheap, please contact me as I would like to offer you some free vyn enchants.

timer_E1630627224.svg

Edited by Sinnjinn
Bad Sinnjinn...misspelling Luttuosaa
  • Like 22
  • Cat 1

Yay! : D

Was looking for one of those since the server opened, thanks a lot for agreeing to share it! : )

Edited by Davih
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, wsrich said:

Thats wicked shame im working :( 

Ez though, you can log in hours before the fight and just idle, you'll get both scale and blood.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Ez though, you can log in hours before the fight and just idle, you'll get both scale and blood.

Yeah true, might have to take the laptop into work 

• Like 1

I really appreciate that you have made this a public slaying. 

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it but for those that do, please give me your blood and.....

takemymoney.jpg

• Like 2

What can I say - I just seem to be irresistible to those scaly fiends :D was happy to help trap it after it bit me lol

Thanks for making this public. Anyone attending is certain to be well compensated.

More thanks for making this public! 😁 

Super excited, I know many of us needed this one! 😄

Edit: wtb some bloods 😋

Edited by Toby

Awesome, to everyone involved, thanks for making it a public slaying.

Doing my best to make ready for the location announcement...   would be helpful to know if it is accessible from N/S/E/W coast...

Thanks for arranging!

• Like 1

I there a starter deed or another in the area that we can stage at so we wont have to travel much the day of the kill? If you are willing to tell.

Thanks for the public Red Dragon slaying event!

Hopefully I'll make it 

On 8/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, Sinnjinn said:

My unique hunting group FUNK (Freedom UNique Killers) has decided that the blood from a red dragon is just too valuable, and helps the community too much, to keep this private.

57 minutes ago, FreeLikeTheWind said:

Noble deeds deserve respect!
Well done!

they were paid 3g from what I heard to make this public how's that noble

In any case, many new people will be able to attend such an event. especially on the most difficult dragon. This is great !

22 minutes ago, Jore said:

they were paid 3g from what I heard to make this public how's that noble

Without any actual proof beyond hearsay, best to reserve judgement on this - but I'm curious why anybody would pay 3g for a public slaying?