Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

[Fixed] Animal Husbandry Points

I got to 80 skill for the purpose of obtaining a specific set of traits in my horses since that's what their values added up to, aside from the fact that it has since been discovered that the combination of traits is impossible, I believe I have gone through enough foals now to comfortably say that it is also impossible for me to use the whole 80 points.

A quick search of my logs shows that from June to now I have bred just over 6k horses, many from parents that have 5 of the 6 traits I am looking for, and I don't believe a single one of them has had a total of 80 points, a whole lot of 75 and less (often much less) but never 80 so I feel like the game is not recognising the last available 5 points at least for me at 80 but I cant speak for other totals having the same issue.

• Like 3

i just came back and the first 2 horses someone gave me has 80 points, so unless im missing something(maybe i am), it seems to work. DSxSPZS.png

Are they old system or new though, and do they have 80 skill

Edited by SmeJack

dont know their skill and must be missing something so nevermind me.

I came to the same conclusion a few weeks ago. I would be nice to get this fixed too.

Edited by Borstaskor

Considering the amount of times the game rounds things oddly I suspect this is another rounding error. 

IE: The game reports a trait as 5 points but it's really 5.03 meaning the horse with 75 trait points is really 75.2 or whatever.

It is a rounding issue to some degree I suppose, you cant get 80 points at 80.6 skill but you can get 80 points at 81 skill

Edited by SmeJack

This is most interesting.  I was at just over 65 AH for the longest time and since turning 65 AH, I have been trying unsuccessfully to breed 4 draft horses.  Since turning 65 I have bred dozens of foals from parents with all 4 draft traits combined, and have produced NO 4 draft trait foals at all.  I remember I was able to breed 55 point speed horses at 60 AH, so with your 5 points guideline in mind, I have decided to get out the grooming brush, and grind AH again to get to 70.  It would be good to know when I should start breeding for draft horses again.  Should i carry on until I'm 70 before breeding?  I'm 67 at the moment, and I don't want to waste my time or the mares' time either way! ;) 

Edited by Muse

At 71 AH, I breed 4 draft horses about half the time from 4 draft parents. Just my perspective. I also get 70 point animals from time to time.

As 95ah can confirm, with obviously a lot smaller number of bred creatures on pve, that actual skill to points is unreachable.. it's just never possible, at best I've reached 90point creatures, and that is far from common result, doesn't matter if I breed some mediocre 50-60 point or legacy 100+ point creature.

Yes you need 96 to breed 95 points worth, one more point than each group of 5 because its not recognising the last point and treating you as though you have 90 skill

Somebody should fix the math with /5, rather than making people to grind to 101 for 100 point utilization.

• Like 2

Probably why this is in the bug forum and not community help 🤔