Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Seeking a few good citizens to help me clear my backwoods (E22) of ancient rift beasts

Please help.  This simple Explorer cannot find this evil alone. On a routine ride through the backwoods, I discovered ancient rift beasts that were murdering local wildlife and making the roads unsafe. Bulletin boards were consulted for dates of old Rifts in this area, but could not be found. Site 1 contains jackals and rift beasts. Site 2 had two rift ogres. I'm looking for a party of a few of us who would banish these demons back to their underworld! Let us set a date!

0ABVZdn.jpg

Edited by Ayuna
  • Like 1

Ajala, what are you doing with a picture of me? 🤨

As for those beasts, I doubt they're from a rift. However, there's this rift scout event that fires randomly and would spawn certain rift monsters. I can't remember how the full event was, but I think that over time the more dangerous rift beings may spawn if the first party isn't destroyed in time.

So it may be you encountered that.

Thorin :)

• Like 1

Ya, I helped out to clear one of those recently.  2 of us were able to do it - though we had to back up and heal a couple times.  

The one we did had 6 mobs, 1 of which was an ogre.  When we killed him we got the message something like "the camp is cleared", not sure if it was because he was the last or the biggest guy though.

There was 1 rift: tree, stone and crystal we were able to clear afterwards.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 4:18 PM, Ajala said:

you-have-my-axe.jpg

Hi Ajala! Does this mean you are in? :D

On 8/20/2021 at 7:14 PM, Thorinoakshield said:

Ajala, what are you doing with a picture of me? 🤨

As for those beasts, I doubt they're from a rift. However, there's this rift scout event that fires randomly and would spawn certain rift monsters. I can't remember how the full event was, but I think that over time the more dangerous rift beings may spawn if the first party isn't destroyed in time.

So it may be you encountered that.

Thorin :)

hey! Thank you so much for this explanation. Did I completely miss this in the wiki? Because I don't believe I've ever found anything about rift scout events in there.

12 hours ago, Spacy said:

Ya, I helped out to clear one of those recently.  2 of us were able to do it - though we had to back up and heal a couple times.  

The one we did had 6 mobs, 1 of which was an ogre.  When we killed him we got the message something like "the camp is cleared", not sure if it was because he was the last or the biggest guy though.

There was 1 rift: tree, stone and crystal we were able to clear afterwards.

Amazing. Site 2 has had two ogres for a year or more now. I was on my way to that site to see if they were still there, which I assume they are. Do they ever die of old age?

16 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Hi Ajala! Does this mean you are in? :D

That, or maybe I'll just mail you my axe.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, Thorinoakshield said:

Ajala, what are you doing with a picture of me? 🤨:)

I hate LOTR, and I know you people all look the same, but even I know that's a different guy.

• Like 1