Sign in to follow this  
Leora

Skill Tracker Tool Assignments

Hi there!

My suggestion today is to create a method for assigning each skill tracker to a set of tools so that skill tracker will automatically load when you use that tool. The rules would be you can only assign each tool to 1 tracker. When a tool that has an assignment is used, it checks for the associated skill tracker is currently active. If not, it replaces the current skill tracker with the assigned one.  The reason the using of the tool should be the trigger is so the player don't force a trigger every time they activate a tool not assigned to a skill tracker. Each Skill Tracker should be allowed to have multiple tools assigned to it. That way when you use a shovel, rake, or scythe, for example, your skill tracker you have named "farming" will start displaying. Or, your hammer, saw, and carving knife could activate your Carpentry Skill tracker, etc.

This feature would be optional. To assign a tool, the player would simply activate the tool and right click on the title of the skill tracker in the skill tracker window, then click a button that says something like, "assign tool" Or "assign [tool] to the [skill tracker]" Where [tool] displays as the currently activated tool and [skill tracker] displays the currently activated skill tracker.

The second option would be to remove the tool from the skill tracker.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Edited by Leora
  • Like 1

Not really what you're asking for, but there are 10 presets for the skill tracker. Can't rename them but you might be able to organize them some way.

12 hours ago, fencejumper said:

Not really what you're asking for, but there are 10 presets for the skill tracker. Can't rename them but you might be able to organize them some way.

What cluster do you play on? I rename my skill trackers. It's not hugely self-evident that you can, but the functionality is definitely there for Northern and Southern toons.

I get that you want the last 10x skills with skilltick to show in the tracker.. but I can't see it as useful feature.

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

I get that you want the last 10x skills with skilltick to show in the tracker.. but I can't see it as useful feature.

Okay, that was a bigger leap than I made. But given that leg-up:

As for usefulness, it's a type of Skill update directly equivalent to the Combat update - primarily less dependence on Skill window printout.

And as much as I know the most verbal players felt that update didn't live up to their desperate hopes for radical changes based solely on the naming conventions, I think such things are worthwhile to keep the HUD evolving towards something more intuitive. I look forward to the day where those raw logs are only needed by 3rd party software or integrated Assistants, but remain available to all users for transparency.