Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Update on development

17 hours ago, gnomegates said:

As was posted earlier today on discord...

Keenan — Today at 9:18 AM
I don't want to step on Demona's toes, but we're working on what is primarily a bug fix patch. No new content, but fixes for things that have been brought up. I don't have the complete list in front of me though.
Tentative date is the 23rd during maintenance.

😢

5 hours ago, SmeJack said:

The art dev isn't responsible for mechanics either so being mad about skins is just weird lol

I can't speak for anyone else, but I m not mad about skins.  I am frustrated about the content of "updates" getting thinner and thinner and the latest one being ONLY about a skin, as if that is worth alone is worth the cost of premium every month.  Well, that as an element of the lack of meaningful engagement from the company and its reps.

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

😢

Just to clarify: This does NOT mean that we aren't working on new content, only that this upcoming patch is itself going to be more about bugfixes and similar minor changes.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 9:40 PM, Samool said:

We’re planning to release a smaller update next month, before the exploration update, and that will include those animal husbandry tweaks as well as some content additions.

Keenan — Today at 9:18 AM
I don't want to step on Demona's toes, but we're working on what is primarily a bug fix patch. No new content, but fixes for things that have been brought up.

5 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

This does NOT mean that we aren't working on new content, only that this upcoming patch is itself going to be more about bugfixes and similar minor changes

Well, I am confused.  Although, no new content is definitely "smaller" than the last one-or-two bugfixes in the last one, I cannot reconcile "some content additions" with "no new content".

Really, who would have that thought that Samool's post would constitute an over-promise?

Well it's clearly not the same update. Likely that update is not ready while they're aware the fixes need to go out ASAP. 

At this point this thread is just becoming a roundabout of the same people being mad. 

I sincerely hope that whatever has happened with the dev team has subsided, and they can get back into the work of it all. 

Time will tell

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Well it's clearly not the same update. Likely that update is not ready while they're aware the fixes need to go out ASAP. 

Time will tell

The fixes were needed what, 3 damn months ago? And if they're finally fixing bugs outside of the AH crap, there may be some that were reported YEARS ago without ever being fixed

Yeah, time sure will tell us the same damn thing it always has with this game

I'm locking this thread.

There will be another post later today detailing the upcoming bug fix patch. I will not have much to say beyond that at this time, however.

We understand that you want more out of us, and we're working on that internally.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 11