Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Update on development

Unsure if this has been mentioned here or not. If I had a guess, it would be that that Creative Construct Competition will be tied to the VR implementation. The VR won't be for game play, but for a "tour" of the game. The winning entries being what VR people will be able to walk around in and check out. Likely duplicated on its own Wurm Tour server. This last line at the end of the competition post gives me that impression. 

"We will be looking for places that are full of life with attention to detail, and lots of creativity!"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Unsure if this has been mentioned here or not. If I had a guess, it would be that that Creative Construct Competition will be tied to the VR implementation. The VR won't be for game play, but for a "tour" of the game. The winning entries being what VR people will be able to walk around in and check out. Likely duplicated on its own Wurm Tour server. This last line at the end of the competition post gives me that impression. 

"We will be looking for places that are full of life with attention to detail, and lots of creativity!"

Nope, seems to me the parent company is really pushing for the dumb idea of fully implementing VR. 

They're clearly very out of touch; a simple VR tour client would be the smart thing to do so of course that's not what we're getting!

Maybe this VR thing will attract the VR crowd and with the income from there they will finally get the game properly marketed.

Maybe this Steam thing will attract the Steam crowd and with the income from there they will finally get the game properly marketed.

• Like 4
  • Cat 2

You are right. That might have been the biggest increase in income they could have gotten. But even if it declined since then, I am sure updates and such will pull some of those people back to the game.

Edited by Idlamn

1 hour ago, Jore said:

Maybe this Steam thing will attract the Steam crowd and with the income from there they will finally get the game properly marketed.

Maybe with Wurm Unlimited released, CCAB will get all that money for advertising. 

• Like 3

Will the "time until being able to breed" timer be fixed in the next patch? Would be really helpful, right now it seems to be displaying random numbers.

• Like 1

Wish there was easier way to track traits... on/off for a setting and pointing over creatures to show all that Inspect information, or at least needed for breeding like timers and traits..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Wish there was easier way to track traits... on/off for a setting and pointing over creatures to show all that Inspect information, or at least needed for breeding like timers and traits..

I would kill a random member of my alliance for that.

IDK what usability testing have been done, but since we have a lot more trash traits that do nothing - fake "good" ones doing nothing and wasting points.. it's really important to mix the right 2 eggs for an omelette..

checking things involves a lot of window openings and closing.. with no keybinds for the 2 actions.. checking same animals multiple times.. and a lot more deed space to not upset the creature ratio and get cursed by nerfed results.

I can only imagine what 'serious' breeders do.... they play eve online with a massive spreadsheet and filled in dated for births, cooldowns and creature names and traits..

That is not playing a game, it's accounting demo simulator. Tough part with AH I imagine was to get high skill, really hope it ends there.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, Sheffie said:

First time talking to Darnok?

is Cipacadrinho Darnok?

because I was quoting Cipacadrinho.

because I got Darnok on ignore and have for a while. So not sure why you are bringing him up unless this is an alt forum account of his ( which I dont think it is). and if it is thanks for pointing it out so I can add it to my list if true.

otherwise no  I stopped arguing with Darnok a while ago.

---

edit here checking the thread once a week hoping for news or this prob would have got a response sooner.

I already said my piece otherwise earlier in the thread and other threads.

but to be on topic-

can we please get an outline on what is being addressed? a proper outline not just a its ( supposedly)getting a patch also heres a shiny announcement.

Communicate ffs

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1

And btw @Samool, just FYI this is not communication. You say you want to improve communication, but you all in the team keep behaving in same way, over and over again. You just drop some bomb without any tangible explanation like that's enough, without replying to our concerns and after 9 pages of fire, and almost 3 weeks you again go radio silence. Well done. Communication is 2 way street. Sure you don't own us any explanation, but if you wanna establish communication, just pls don't live in a lie that you are doing it, when you are not. And if we can't trust you about thing as simple as that, how can we trust you anything you say about quality of updates, roadmaps, plans etc. 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, kochinac said:

And btw @Samool, just FYI this is not communication. You say you want to improve communication, but you all in the team keep behaving in same way, over and over again. You just drop some bomb without any tangible explanation like that's enough, without replying to our concerns and after 9 pages of fire, and almost 3 weeks you again go radio silence. Well done. Communication is 2 way street. Sure you don't own us any explanation, but if you wanna establish communication, just pls don't live in a lie that you are doing it, when you are not. And if we can't trust you about thing as simple as that, how can we trust you anything you say about quality of updates, roadmaps, plans etc. 

I was encouraged initially by the post, but now, more than two weeks later, you're right Kochinac, we're back to complete silence when so much could be and should be said right now. The every staff member has had stuff going on irl for months card has already been played. So what is it now?

Egregious.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 5

They must still be in shock that we didn't all discuss what VR headset to buy after receiving the grand news.

Don't think the owners * GCG * really give a crap ( or even know about the existence of these forums) about what's happening here as long as their bottom line / shareholders are happy. 

The only things I know is that of all the companies I've worked in, the ones that went under were : the ones who prioritized pleasing their "shareholders" instead of the actual clients who brought in the money and kept the company afloat. (in this case us) Aka having long term vision based on satisfying the ones who are paying for what you offer and not the one who buy pieces of your company (shareholders and interested parties). 

Do you really want the wurm community to start having trust again in the future of Wurm and raise their confidence to subscribe / renew their prem? Talk to them. You don't have to write novels. It's enough to say "Hey guys, it's been 3 weeks but right now we've hit some snags with a few variables in the code for how traits are calculated and it's going to take a few more days to sort them out. Please be patient so we can deliver you a good update instead of rushing it." 

Really. That's ALL it takes. We're human. We get it. We'll respect that. We don't ask for perfection. 

Just...talk to us. Please. That's all we're asking. More than any update / bugfix / balancing ... please. Talk to us. 

I just hope the next update will give me a reason to stay or take my money somewhere else. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 11

Honestly, at this point just vote with your wallet.  Wurm has been continually advertised as "free to play", test how well that holds up in the long term.

As a free player, you don't tend to care much about news from the devs as much.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, elentari said:

Don't think the owners * GCG * really give a crap ( or even know about the existence of these forums) about what's happening here as long as their bottom line / shareholders are happy. 

With -55.3% on their stock since February I don't think their shareholders are happy.

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/GAME-CHEST-GROUP-AB-PUBL-120974631/?type_recherche=rapide&mots=game chest 

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

With -55.3% on their stock since February I don't think their shareholders are happy.

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/GAME-CHEST-GROUP-AB-PUBL-120974631/?type_recherche=rapide&mots=game chest 

im sure the 20 year old ceo with his revolutionary ideas on roblox trading and lootboxes will flip that around into a 200% gain next update you gotta have some faith

• Like 8

can someone good at computers make that meme like

provides an update on failure to communicate

refuses to elaborate

disappears entirely

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chakron said:

can someone good at computers make that meme like

provides an update on failure to communicate

refuses to elaborate

disappears entirely

We need @Zexos (I think it was) to make another video.

• Like 1

Is it intended that mules are faster than draft horses? Seems a bit unfortunate to me, since mules come in just one color. This would effectively reduce diversity. Of course changing it now would screw over the people who invested time in draft donkeys.

• Like 1

Is this how it feels to be the girl in a relationship and constantly asking the guy what  is he thinking of and pout that "we never talk" anymore?:)

2020_A_Trump_802_Baddies.gif