Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Update on development

I have a feeling this is a money grab for a "gimmick" to bring people in via steam : / but I've got really crappy news for you- it's also gonna bring in a loooooot of bad reviews.
I can't imagine there'd be too much you can do differently in VR let alone what the poor graphics would do for it.

I genuinely wish the team would listen to their players rather than just take off and do whatever to the extremes. Ask for player input on what they want. Surely there's a way to get a player vote in-game (1 per IP or something?) for a list of options that are proposed to be worked on vs what the players would actually choose from said list.
At this point I'm just waiting for wurm to fall on it's ass.

I'd also like to remind the team that you guys have a test server. Please use it : / I hadn't been back to wurm online in so long and was excited to see what was come up with for the animal husbandry update and it was a complete disaster and for what?

• Like 9

ya still can not jump in wurm since is not real 3d game. Can not even examine tree, need to examine ground tile where tree grows.  VR is nonsense ...

giphy.gif

Edited by MarkSilard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pepofaec said:

At this point I'm just waiting for wurm to fall on it's ass.

I have to disagree with that statement. It's not right. 

It's an improper use of "it is" vs "its". Should have used "its" since it implies a possessive. 

• Like 4

On 8/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, Samool said:

we’ll be starting development on adding VR functionality to Wurm,

I stared at that for a full 30 seconds.
When you do, there are many free marketing avenues.
The VR gaming media are very keen when it comes to shouting out what's available.
An entirely new playerbase. Course with that comes judgement. spreading the word is one thing but what's the word.
Buggy or smooth.

Edited by Steveleeb

Maybe I'm not blessed with the same clarity of vision, but it could be that some people looking at VR are not really seeing any further than their nose.

22 minutes ago, Muse said:

Maybe I'm not blessed with the same clarity of vision, but it could be that some people looking at VR are not really seeing any further than their nose.

*shrug*
you can't possibly mean me, i've been waiting for VR wurm since Budda first expressed interest and im perfectly happy with WU and DU
(although the render distance is somewhat annoying in the former)
I apologise for not commenting on the rest of the original post, i simply had nothing else to say, there's alot of us here, best keep it short.
Your post followed mine im bound to feel like you were referring to me, a little tact please.

As for those that u WERE referring to, give them a break, VR is big.. it's not been mentioned for a very long time.
It deserves the limelight even if it momentarily outshines more important topics.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Cat 1

I'm sorry, but there is no way that this VR support will not take away from other Wurm development. There are so many problems that need solving to make it usable, and even the desktop experience for Wurm is far from perfect after all these years.

There are hundreds of bugs waiting to be fixed, hundreds of great ideas ignored, hundreds of smaller things that could improve Wurm over this. I imagine the decision about this came from higher up, because surely nobody who's actually involved in the Wurm team would reasonably think "Hey, what would be a great thing to spend some time on? Maybe some new kinds of walls? Some new monsters to fight? A new skill? Nah, let's go with VR support for the 10 players who have the hardware!"

If there was ever a time the Wurm team needed to really properly listen to their players, now would be it. It's great you have an exploration update coming (whatever that entails) but there really needs to be some kind of better interaction with the community on the direction of this game. This isn't World of Warcraft, you can't just shut yourselves away for 6 months and then be all "Surprise! Here's a huge system nobody wanted! P.S. Enjoy the bugs!".

I guarantee if you held a vote between you adding a whole one single new wall tile to the game, or VR support, then the wall would be the runaway winner. I love this game, as do many others, it's why we post here trying to give feedback, but it gets hard to keep coming back with the constant communication problems, broken updates, and feature announcements like this that seem really tone-deaf as to what the community would actually want.

• Like 7

a quote from a friend that i agree with.
no name dropping, veteran player. I mentioned the stuttering issue.

It's actually slightly more complicated than that, even. I have disassembled the wurm client many times and can tell you that the rendering engine is riddled with issues that can cause memory leaks and frame hangs. The garbage collector issue doesnt help either, but on my system the main issue is that they often dont even re-use textures that have already been loaded to the GPU. It forgets about it and requests a reload of the texture and that takes time, which you see as a stutter

Is a game like this even capable of doing VR without some serious debugging.
Fair point.

it's just really nice to see the Virtual Reality intention mentioned for the first time in years.
Maybe it is unrealistic, maybe once that is realised through practise, the spaghetti code, endless bugs and leaks will get worked on and Vr will be delayed by years.
it's just nice to see the intention.
I guess code clubs pragmatism will be tested, sooner or later. (later)

Edited by Steveleeb

30 minutes ago, Substr said:

I guarantee if you held a vote between you adding a whole one single new wall tile to the game, or VR support, then the wall would be the runaway winner. I love this game, as do many others, it's why we post here trying to give feedback, but it gets hard to keep coming back with the constant communication problems, broken updates, and feature announcements like this that seem really tone-deaf as to what the community would actually want.

While I've had literal dreams of walking within the lands of Wurm, I would rather have the jetty available in marble first. Heck, if oriels had better visibility from inside buildings, I would be happy. VR would be fun, but I think the bugs, viable suggestions, and building options need to be fixed first. 

• Like 3

I know why they have made plans for Wurm VR for -

Game Chest intends to launch a subscription-based games on demand solution + Game Chest Group takes out a loan of SEK 4.2 million + In May, the company laid a foundation and intensified the development of the company's game Wurm Online. The game will undergo major content updates but will also be launched towards additional markets and platforms.

Full Details:

Spoiler

During May, a major focus has been on forging further partnerships with game studios and publishers with a goal of establishing a long-term and profitable collaboration for both parties. During the month, Game Chest has identified several and initiated contact, which has been well received.

Game Chest has a good momentum within the company and this is something we want to maintain, so the management in May also worked with recruitment and expansion of the Game Chest organization.

As previously communicated, Game Chest is developing its own games-on-demand solution that will offer its customers a completely new way of consuming computer games. This work was carried out in May in the form of an expansion of the organization with cutting-edge expertise to develop and develop this unique platform.

--------------------------------

Game Chest Group AB ("Game Chest") has today entered into an agreement on a loan from Modelio Equity AB (publ). The loan amounts to SEK 4.2 million and runs until 31 December 2021 with a monthly interest rate of 1.5%.

As previously communicated, Game Chest will launch a games-on-demand platform, our ambition is to offer a new way of consuming computer games. The entertainment industry's consumption patterns are constantly changing and we can historically see how the film industry and the music industry have undergone such a change. Nowadays, these mainly pay a monthly subscription to consume instead of renting a movie or buying a physical album.

With this investment, Game Chest needs to accelerate, both in terms of organization and marketing. The capital will be used to capitalize on the momentum we now have by bringing in new key people in the company and in connection with it increase the company's paid marketing.

The company intends to use this loan in 2021, thereafter either repay in cash or convert into shares.

-----------------------------

As previously communicated, Game Chest intends to launch a subscription-based games on demand solution. The company's vision is to be involved in revolutionizing the way we consume games. Game Chest is now building and designing a platform that will deliver games similar to the market today subscribes to, for example, the movie and sports channels' streaming services.

The goal is for Game Chest to be synonymous with the gaming platform of the future. In the same way that Spotify and Netflix left their mark on each industry, Game Chest wants to do it when it comes to gaming. The company intends to launch the platform internationally with access for all players.

Below you get an insight into what the company has achieved so far and a first glimpse of what Game Chest's future games on demand solution will look like for our customers:https://showcase.gamechestgroup.com/

In order to implement the vision and ensure its rollout, the company has developed a strategy on which the commercialization and development of the project will be based. For competition reasons, the communicated strategy will be more comprehensive than detailed.

Business strategy is divided into three different phases, of which the first phase has already begun.

Phase 1 - Development and integration
Game Chest independently develops the platform that forms the basis for the games on demand solution.

The company will give relevant game developers and publishers the opportunity to sync their own authentication with the company's subscriber verification through the Game Chests API. This solution enables almost all games on the market today to be integrated with the Game Chests platform. The game developer may also keep its previous revenue channels, which means that the company's platform offers an expansion of the revenue opportunities for our partners such as Steam and other CD-Key sales.

Phase 2 - Partnership and gaming library
To ensure the success of the project, the company has identified that a games on demand solution for a subscription payment is based on the fact that there is a large selection of attractive games in the platform.

As the platform enables game developers and publishers to simultaneously sell / rent their games while continuing to sell their games / CD-Keys in the traditional way, the company is convinced that the solution will create a high level of attractiveness for many game developers. The company de facto creates additional sales channels for our partners, which means that sales of the project are judged to be smoother than otherwise.

During the second phase, the focus will be on recruiting games through developers, studios and publishers. Today, Game Chest has an already established network of contacts to implement this. We follow the successful strategy previously used in the film and music industry, where we start by recruiting small and medium-sized actors. This makes it inevitable for the big giants not to join the solution and thus risk missing out on big revenue.

This opportunity for Game Chest is created when the customer base consists of a critical mass that the major players want and must reach.

Phase 3 - Launch and marketing
The third and final phase of this project consists of launch and marketing takes place simultaneously where we use both our already established network of influencers in gaming but also for dialogues with major influencers who act more as ambassadors for the platform to increase credibility and credibility.

The third phase will also be an ongoing and developing phase for the company, where it will gradually be possible to add more and more attractive partners.

Like the subscription services in music and film that exist today, it is clear that the larger the platform becomes, the greater the opportunities the company has to develop, expand and expand its revenue opportunities. In addition, Game Chest will have a greater influence in the market by setting better conditions for the company and its customers the larger the customer base.

Following an established game library and partnership agreement with several game studios, developers and publishers, the partnership will also lead to game publishers marketing the platform themselves for natural reasons. This is because the platform will in many cases be the main source of revenue for our partners.

From: Location Update MayGame Chest Group takes out a loan of SEK 4.2 million  +  Game Chest communicates strategy to launch its international games on demand solution

• Like 2

I can see it now. Loading up VR, looking at some megadeeds, getting wowed by the pure sense of scale that VR can bring.

It'll be pretty damn sick.

For all of 10 minutes.

Maybe 30, if you travel.

Now don't get me wrong, I look forward to the sheer levels of optimization needed to bring Wurm to VR. This game shouldn't be taking 75% of a 3090's power.

And if that doesn't get done, maybe Wurm VR will find a new audience in, say, training astronauts to not vomit.

I especially look forward to how I'll cast Circle of Cunning on items in VR. That'll be impressive menuing in a VR environment that a lot of games will stand to learn from.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

a quote from a friend that i agree with.
no name dropping, veteran player. I mentioned the stuttering issue.

Is a game like this even capable of doing VR without some serious debugging.
Fair point.

it's just really nice to see the Virtual Reality intention mentioned for the first time in years.
Maybe it is unrealistic, maybe once that is realised through practise, the spaghetti code, endless bugs and leaks will get worked on and Vr will be delayed by years.
it's just nice to see the intention.
I guess code clubs pragmatism will be tested, sooner or later. (later)

I changed my mind

VIVA LA VR, lets get Wurm to not run like shite, especially if it means we get to do VR marketing and stuff too.

• Like 1

Is it hard to believe VR development won't take away from other important development? Yes

Does it seem far-fetched that Wurm could perform in VR? Yes

Should other things come first? Yes

Am I excited though to one day experience Wurm in virtual reality? Yes

I just imagine the immersive experience in VR - wandering through dark woods at night, camping by the crackle and dancing light of a campfire, exploring cave systems, seeing the sun set over the water at my seaside hamlet while grooming the horses, PVP, and more. I don't have VR gear but would get some for this should it come to fruition and not be junk. 

• Like 1

As much as I'd like to feel like I'm actually walking around the deed I've built, there are so many mechanics you'd need to completely rework to make it feasible for VR.

What about teleporting to horse/ cart? The janky instant movement will probably cause dizziness or puking in people.

What about pvp? It's so difficult to keep your bearings straight, target distance, making sure not to get outflanked in pvp, but in VR it would probably be a nightmare. 

Spiders in a dark cave might be fun though....nightmare fuel but fun.

So many things to consider but...

I do hope as people have previously mentioned, that we won't abandon fixing the proverbial 100 bugs still in the game, we will implement some great suggestions people have been clamouring for years (cartography hopefully is in the exploration update), and dev time will be given to fixing out past updates that weren't entirely finished. 

Whoever codes everything for VR needs a first hand experience playing wurm as a gamer else he won't understand what mechanics need to be adapted for VR. Simply porting what we see on PC for VR will be a mess. 

Edited by elentari

8 hours ago, Maiya said:

They try to make it into new market on steam, new way to reach new payers ohh sry players I guess,

from there page:

https://gamechestgroup.com/investor-relations/press-release/21251

I would agree with this kind of passive advertising by adding it to another category would be good if it was anything BUT VR.It's shooting the game in the foot by adding a lot of physical stress the players body that will cause a lot of negative reviews they would need to put optimization and consistent fps as #1 priority to even begin to think about VR. I desperately need you to understand VR is a regularly a HASSLE to use! Sometimes you get lucky and a development team with experience in VR makes it realitivly painless but these are rare. Every time you put the headset is a well hopefully an update didnt break it( updates not even related to wurm even) You often have to adjust it, reading in it for any smaller text is frustrating. The settings constantly need adjusted because if it works in one game it often argues because it needs dif settings in another game. If the game or vr software decides to argue for whatever reason you are adding a couple minutes to a couple hours to sorting it out often leaving you to just not bother because you want to play not work. you often have to figure out what the last software update potentially is causing it to fight with the game making it frustrating to use. You need a good to excellent computer to invest in it + the cost of the VR itself. Even if you get a small % to play it in wurm-  VR is about Physical ACTIONS you take not sitting there trying to read menu's and sit with something on your head waiting on timers and a text based menu that will constantly cause physically stress your eyes or makes you sick.

You will have to switch between VR and Non-VR more than once in a play session in a game like wurm and that's a lot of busy work that in a 2d game pretending to be a 3d environment its honestly not going to work. Imagine having to change your keyboard every time you want to use a dif menu or ui or are just tired and want an easier way to play- thats VR headsets and handhelds and switching back and forth between them and a keyboard. Given anyone can play until 20 for free you will have people getting the look at the pretty deeds novelty out of their system before they sub.  You have to set up this nonsense every day you play that is not going to net you more players.

^ we can deal with all that or just load the game in the launcher without VR and avoid all the potential issues completely. Which is the route I imagine most will take.

I need proof they can bug fix normal patches timely and consistently before we get into VR's convoluted, common and often hilariously bugs and its nope Sir not Recognizing your computer/internet/headset today nonsense. Whichmay I add often is left to the player to figure out since usually its just a setting being wierd not an actual bug. I currently do not have faith that they will handle the bugs any more gracefully as they do in the rest of the games patch development since the steam launch which again will add to the negative spiral of a frustrated player base. I have VR games that I play but I also dont spend more then a couple hours in them because the eye fatigue is real and absolutely avoid menu heavy games. If I am using VR its for the interaction and environment not menu's that take up large portions of the screen and is arguably 90% of this games content.

Also if that advertising and getting the name out there is a thing actual advertising would be a good. If they keep trying to push features but not fix them or long standing bugs they are aiming to get new players at the expense of the ones they have.

there are many MANY ways to freely advertise this game and as far as I have been aware they have used exactly 0 of them. several social media that it can be brought up regularly if nothing else. but we cant get a post half the time here once a month that doesnt come across like a bot ( skins ) or just a generic Soon. Getting players to try once is easy keeping them is the hard part. but if a company is chasing instant gratification as developers you are going to fail. retention is the long haul goal.

this is all moot if the potential new players come to the forums and see how angry frustrated the players currently playing are with the current situation. or go to the steam forum portion of the game where very little if anything is posted are talked about. The forums are often the first thing I look at for a potential game I want to play since there is so many vaperware or abandoned projects on steam that are just chilling without any real development while being listed as a completed game. I feel this is a uniquely steam problem but that could just be me. Man do I immediately log out and refund when I run into games that claim they are co-op and multiplayer but make it next to impossible to use properly or give no help or documentation on how to set it up. This happens often because generally when I try a new game its to play with my husband more then to play the game itself ><.

I love wurm I truly do want to play it I want it to do well but it also needs a lot of love from the code side of things. I am frustrated by how its currently managed and they already wrecked the part I play the game for I am really really hoping the upcoming AH adjustment patch works out of the box and doesnt break a whole slew of other things which is honestly just a side effect of patching in any game.

anyway have my two lead pennies.

Edit: I would like to remind everyone that to my knowledge this has yet to be resolved while new features are being announced. I am not sure there is even a we'll get to it mention recently. But they want to bring new players in to participate in the game and contests. ( this is not a dig at Demona. but at the we will ignore it until people give up on it mindset.)

Edited by Yserin

16 minutes ago, Gumbert said:

Updated Temple model when?

I'm still hoping for a giant? Bag model 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ogare said:

Why isn't 100% of development time being funneled into fixing animal husbandry? After reading the original post it seems that other ambitious changes are in the works. And in my opinion they should all be paused.

Getting top of the line mounts (5 speeds) was too easy in comparison to getting most of everything else at top quality.

Way too easy.

Is why horse breeders went extinct.

I think they should not touch the AH patch and leave it  as is but people grew to acustomed to their maxed out mounts and they cry in unison so the devs backed down to pure pressure.

A maxed out horse should be just as rare and/or hard to make as a rare 90ql weapon since mobility is just as important as one or probably the most important thing in combat.

As for VR i think is taking Wurm back to where it was an innovator. 

Problem is there is not way they have the manpower to develop that and not have normal content development continue at a decent pace.

So guess there were just few devs working on normal content anyways and rest were derping so now some of the devs returning from the derp are gonna do VR.

Is VR gonna need different animations and models? Because if not then yeah they can do new animations and models at normal pace.

I just dont see how the VR could work without having to get some extra work done like new UI or keybinds (do they even work in VR?)  i guess my question is:

Once they put VR thing would they have to develop each feature to work both in normal gameplay and in VR or they will just seamlesly transition between the 2 modes without having to make art and code for each instance specifically?

14 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Is it hard to believe VR development won't take away from other important development? Yes

Does it seem far-fetched that Wurm could perform in VR? Yes

Should other things come first? Yes

Am I excited though to one day experience Wurm in virtual reality? Yes

I just imagine the immersive experience in VR - wandering through dark woods at night, camping by the crackle and dancing light of a campfire, exploring cave systems, seeing the sun set over the water at my seaside hamlet while grooming the horses, PVP, and more. I don't have VR gear but would get some for this should it come to fruition and not be junk. 

Wurm already is VR as far as I am concerned.  Just not in the way most people mean these days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Getting top of the line mounts (5 speeds) was too easy in comparison to getting most of everything else at top quality.

Way too easy.

The answer to that issue is NOT to replace it with a pure RNG system where skill and patience mean nothing anymore. I don't play wurm to feel like in a casino and I'm pretty sure that applies to most players. There are crap mobile games specifically tailored for that sort of thing. 

Yes, it was easy in the past to get 5 speeders, I agree. However the answer isn't to go 180 and nerf the chance to get decent horses both for carts (draft) and mounts (speed traits). Nerfing cart speed, horse speed is just NOT the answer in a game where absolutely everything takes a long amount of time to do. 

People were / are upset for a reason. The AH update hit when,  26th of May? It's almost 26th of August and it hasn't been fixed. 

It's easy to understand why players are still angry / frustrated / leave negative reviews or feedback when it's been 3 months and instead of reading about AH getting fixed, we read about the future of Wurm VR. PR wise this is the worst thing you could communicate at this stage. 

People want fixes before anything else.

• Like 3

Can we get the "bug fix update" already? followed by a "better client update" and "quality of life update" before spending time on vr? i know there was a vr clip teased years ago by 1 of the devs as a side hobby thats nice and all but it was not and still is not realistic for wurm i know at the time it was said "we wont work on this until after the client update" so i knew it would be coming sooner or later BUT wurm does not need vr.

Wurm needs the following.

1. a solid framerate in all aspects of life from empty forests to busy dense houses to cluttered villages
2. the servers need to be able to handle 80+ people in local
3. countless bugs need fixing
4. fixing skills that are currently useless or unable to actually work on them
5. less click intensive gameplay(imagine imping in vr hah) without it taking away what wurm is
6. qol changes like being able to put all food items into a fsb except for actual meals(remember bread? I still have a fsb full of bread)
7. server stability in general
8. fix sound engine ontop of mountains please i care not for the jet engine that happens due to wind effect stacking
9. unify drag drop distance across all objects from piles of items to boats to carts to inventories
10. fix fishing so that we cant pvp on pve servers anymore(it is fun but also highly annoying to kill your fellow fishermen)
11. dont let bee's be able to kill you to death if your using a keybind to cut down a tree
12. look over existing code for permissions across the board and see if the same checks are done when a person joins vs leaves regardless of object
13. standardize a lot of systems it doesnt make sense that for example with cooking some actions can increase the quality of the food by 1-20 yet others actively lower the quality with 1-20 before the next step increases it again(similar things happen on a lot of different places in wurm
14. fix "wogic" when it comes to how certain "features" are handled things that exist because at the time of the bug being found it was deemed as either "too hard to fix" or "not worthy of fixing" these always come back to bite you guys in the behind after a few years
15. use the suggestion forum why is it there when no one bothers to ever even have a look.
16. stick to roadmaps
17. the notion of "we dont care about pvp" or "we cant implement x because it messes with pvp/pve" needs to stop we all know you can implement certain features for either side only(just look at wu as a prime example how 2 vastly different servers can be crossable with no issue what so ever(heavy rpg modded with custom mobs and skills vs "safe" vanilla map vs true survival all in 1 cluster with boat/portal crossing and things ran fine)
18. advertising this was promised that would happen after the wurm steam launch in order to keep the momentum going but the ball was dropped on this hard
19. fair treatment across the board if someone abuses a bug or a unintended mechanic dont launch a investigation that leads to no result as people forget about it just give a straight up 2 week ban while investigating it(no this is not related to anything recent this is a gripe i have had for years where entire groups of people can get away with running local maps/unique finders yet someone destroys a bridge they own and someone else complains and the first person gets a 2 week ban for it instantly with no appeal)
20. update the wiki professionally get someone who is fluent at wiki edits all the information about every object in the game every game play mechanic and update it there are many pages that dont have items or redirect to their parent skill which does not help in many cases
21. get controller support before vr or make it be part of the update
22. fix the over sight of 250ish high cave ceilings being the max this was not the case and was only introduced during the housing update and it is a headache and truthfully there are still a few ways around this some dangerous for the character(instant death) others for the terrain above ground this should really not be that hard to change back to the old way it was at before let us create giant caves again
23. make unique spawns have a audible roar on the server when they spawn i know you guys got rid of all messaging because of a certain player causing a lot of drama for it but it has taken away that excitement or fear of knowing when a unique would spawn and no calling them legendary creatures as a excuse to get out of it is not a valid reason to not have it.
24. fix kings coffins now that traders arent a drain on them anymore or add to it anymore the mechanic is even less useful to have and getting coin by hunting or foraging shouldnt rely on deed upkeep of the server
25. please for the love of god increase tree height on fruit trees and other low hanging trees when they are at the age of old or later i know we are 3.6 meter tall giants but when we sit on a horse if you are in a fruit forest all you see is garbage pixels(imagine running through that in vr you will be throwing up in less then 2 minutes)
26. can we get our promised ui overhaul not this "new number who this" ui?
27. ability to play mp3 files from a music folder inside of the wurm folder/music.txt file that can be populated with folder locations/individual files so that we can have our own custom music to play in wurm
28. a fix for 1 tile high no exit caves/instant death(even to gm) mines
29. a way to streamline the creation process of items eg a continue until tickbox inside the crafting menu that just queue's up new actions when ever there is room in the action queue until you are 1 out of stam or 2 out of items(brick making mass processing of vegies/bread or smithing items and so on)
30. ability to drag a stack of items over a stack of containers and split evenly if holding shift+ctrl with the tickbox in settings enabled for it(similar to what we have now where we can drag drop 1 of each but just make it fill 1 of each selected into the entire container)
31. a reputation list/board where players can upvote/downvote(gotta state a reason why for either) a person and also includes a page that lists everyone who got muted and why and when and also those banned and for how long and why. Being able to check if a person is trustworthy or not is a good thing.
32. reintroduce master bag of keeping and bag of keeping at a really high cost for any account older then 5 years(most of the mbok's are out of the game and a bok really isnt such a big deal its just a nice to have for most people) or something similar that allows for the storage of tools and the likes in a single container inside of your inventory(dont say its not realistic mister "hey i can stack 20 dirt in my inventory")
33. there are many more but this list is getting long already anyway focus on bug fixing for once spend a long time in "bug fix mode" and list it as such on the forums and elsewhere were the devs just take a long time to genuinely fix the countless bugs that are left on the bug tracker and bugs that you guys know about that arent on there due to fear of breaking the game

34. last one i promise fix the ability to surface mine 1 lower then the max you can make a tunnel open into this i personally reported over a year ago and still hasnt even been looked at properly or fixed and it really should not be that hard(you can on freedom and chaos make tile corners 1 lower then you can make a entrance in which can and i am sure will result some day into a deed that forever screws up the landscape be it pvp or pve)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elentari said:

The answer to that issue is NOT to replace it with a pure RNG system where skill and patience mean nothing anymore. I don't play wurm to feel like in a casino and I'm pretty sure that applies to most players. There are crap mobile games specifically tailored for that sort of thing. 

Yes, it was easy in the past to get 5 speeders, I agree. However the answer isn't to go 180 and nerf the chance to get decent horses both for carts (draft) and mounts (speed traits). Nerfing cart speed, horse speed is just NOT the answer in a game where absolutely everything takes a long amount of time to do. 

People were / are upset for a reason. The AH update hit when,  26th of May? It's almost 26th of August and it hasn't been fixed. 

It's easy to understand why players are still angry / frustrated / leave negative reviews or feedback when it's been 3 months and instead of reading about AH getting fixed, we read about the future of Wurm VR. PR wise this is the worst thing you could communicate at this stage. 

People want fixes before anything else.

You mean players who have AH at a level where the current system is problematic, the average player with 20-30 AH skill level won't even notice the problem about which you are writing.

11 minutes ago, Darnok said:

You mean players who have AH at a level where the current system is problematic, the average player with 20-30 AH skill level won't even notice the problem about which you are writing.

Here's the funny bit about players who have high AH  : The old system actually punished players who had high AH since say if you had 90 ah pre-may patch, you'd get horses with a ton of negative traits or useless traits. The sweet spot in the old system was having 50-60 AH max so you could get 5 speeders reliably. Source : ask any breeder. 

This new system also punished high AH players when it launched since now again you can get irrelevant traits that have to fill the trait slots based on your AH (aka 90 AH = 90 trait points or 80-85).  Granted it was slightly updated so the chance to get negative traits was lowered, but it doesn't change the fact that if you browse through the horse thread feedback posts, you can see people breeding  3 Draft horse + 3 Draft horse = 4 Misc traited foal. 

Old system was idiosyncratic since you were punished for having a high skill by throwing RNG in your face....

New system still throws RNG in your face, now you just can't bypass it. 

14 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Can we get the "bug fix update" already? followed by a "better client update" and "quality of life update" before spending time on vr? i know there was a vr clip teased years ago by 1 of the devs as a side hobby thats nice and all but it was not and still is not realistic for wurm i know at the time it was said "we wont work on this until after the client update" so i knew it would be coming sooner or later BUT wurm does not need vr.

I won't quote his full post but...

^Hire that guy. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darnok said:

ok-and-ok.gif