Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Camping in tents vs reserving rooms at Impalongs?

Impalongs unequivocally have rooms for rent and camping areas, both (correct?). What makes some players choose one and not the other? One would think that a room is the much better option....

A room provides a place to sleep, i.e. restoring sleep bonus. A tent creates a location to respawn in case your character dies. Two different purposes. 

• Like 2

The tent will let you store items inside it, secure a mount to the tent, and allows use of a bedroll which grants 75% sleep bonus regain.  It’s a nice compromise for keeping your things all in one place when abroad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Impalongs unequivocally have rooms for rent and camping areas, both (correct?). What makes some players choose one and not the other? One would think that a room is the much better option....

I haven't been to one yet, but my understanding is that people do both.  They drop a tent to protect their gear and give them a respawn point and take a room with a bed if they want 100% sleep bonus.  

• Like 1

In the end all can just use epic portal and log out there... then login and cross again, no need for bed and while you're on epic - you get sleep bonus on freedom cluster; bonus is the no need for bed or maintaining the ql of the bed.. or providing xyz amount of rooms. 

• Like 1

i think tents didnt exist yet the last time i went to an impalong, but i used to just took my knarr with the mats to donate and my tools, who cares about sleepbonus.

Edited by Tpikol

On 8/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, Nomadikhan said:

use of a bedroll which grants 75% sleep bonus regain.

this is about crafted bedroll, but christmas gift bedroll gives 100% :)