Sign in to follow this  
Joemog

Horse rare speed trait does not belong on Defiance

Hell horses, unicorns, rare horse gear getting removed was a great change for Defiance. Sped up breeding.

Now they implement the rare horse speed trait which most definitely belong in the same group.

Though do speed up normal horses some to compensate.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 6

Remove rare speed traits and just give all horses on defiance a flat speed bonus, i dont mind the extra speed.

I feel today would be a fantastic day to remove rare horses, its what defiance wants as a whole. If not can we get hellies instead? Quicker and easier to breed.

If we support this idea, I think a rework of rideable animals on defiance should be done. For example: Hell horses/Unicorns maybe look into ways  to allow them with special debuffs such as make them slower, weaker, only hitchable, ect.

I think rare traits should be impossible on Defiance and hell horses and unicorns should stop spawning completely. The whole point is that people shouldn't have to spend crazy amounts of time prepping horses to be competitive in PvP. 

Alternatively you could make it so that the appearance of a hell horse or a unicorn is a cosmetic mutation that bred horses can have with no speed impact or other utility.

Edited by Ols

I agree. Me and others have withdrawn from engaging in fights because we're on rare horses.

It sounds fun to have fast scouts or to have the ability to be fast while out hunting but in reality it stops people from wanting to fight because it takes so much damn work to get one. And if one group has a turbo nerd breeder they have a huge advantage over other groups especially new or casual groups. 

• Like 1

lets remove rare horses to be able equiping barding or make unicorn rideable(they cant have barding on) so fast horses really easy to kill

And do we have to be like in soviet union all on ebony blacks?

43 minutes ago, FallenKnight said:

lets remove rare horses to be able equiping barding or make unicorn rideable(they cant have barding on) so fast horses really easy to kill

wat

I think they should just remove the rare speed traits on defiance and give all horses a flat 5km/h speed boost so we can still get around the map in a decent time. Anything that improves accessibility and lowers the barriers for more players is a win.

14 hours ago, Ism said:

And do we have to be like in soviet union all on ebony blacks?

Oh yeah, this too. I absolutely hate that colour affects speed. Let us have a bit of diversity god damn it.

7 minutes ago, Anglomango said:

I think they should just remove the rare speed traits on defiance and give all horses a flat 5km/h speed boost so we can still get around the map in a decent time. Anything that improves accessibility and lowers the barriers for more players is a win.

They should state that Defiance is canonically on Jackal/Seris/Valrei and give us Wetas back. It'd be badass to be able to PvP on the backs of giant cockroaches. The good thing about Wetas is that they were decent even without breeding, and they could be balanced separately from horses without needing to have more special horse rules on Defiance.

Edited by Ols

3 minutes ago, Ols said:

They should state that Defiance is canonically on Jackal/Seris/Valrei and give us Wetas back. It'd be badass to be able to PvP on the backs of giant cockroaches. The good thing about Wetas is that they were decent even without breeding, and they could be balanced separately from horses without needing to have more special horse rules on Defiance.

I never played on the Jackal servers but I've heard some really positive things about Wetas and they sound like a really fun addition.