Sign in to follow this  
Leora

Lucky Horse Shoe

I suggest the ability to create a lucky Horse shoe. All that is required is to tie a string to it. Then it can be worn in the hip slot to increase the chance of a successful tick. The advantage of the boost can be determined by quality of the horse shoe. You can even require that lucky horse shoes be made of only certain types of metal.  Of course the horse shoe won't be lucky any more if tampered with so it can not be improved once you have created it. Only the horse shoe without the string can be improved. Eventually normal decay will destroy your lucky horse shoe.  I think it should also be able to be used as a decoration. Even mountable on a wall. But I'm not even sure wall decorations are even possible in Wurm right now... I haven't seen any yet in my game play anyhow.  If they are possible let me in on that! :D

Edited by Leora
grammerical
  • Like 3

I like it.

Elegant and simple, with a built in lifespan.

Fits with the Wurm ethos to my eye.

Wall decorations are not yet a thing. :)

Rather have necklace with random gems or w/e trinkets.. necklaces are useless anyway(only few from rift shop have some purpose.. depending on player's needs)

Shoe.. so easy to ql99 one... just to 99% boost... what is considered to be successful-tick, skilling for everything or only meditating? I can't seriously consider shoe making somebody better at meditating..🤔

18 hours ago, Finnn said:

Shoe.. so easy to ql99 one... just to 99% boost... what is considered to be successful-tick, skilling for everything or only meditating? I can't seriously consider shoe making somebody better at meditating..🤔

Yeah, because lucky socks are totally about the machine that manufactured them, along with millions of others. 😄

Personally I'd just make the ctc on attaching the string to the horseshoe 100%, but the resulting quality of the 'lucky horse shoe' dependent on the diceroll, capped by component quality, and not have the diceroll based on blacksmithing. In fact, I wouldn't have the diceroll based on a stat/skill at all.

Edited by Drayka

Good ideas Drayka!

I see your point about the necklaces Finn. I agree they should have some more functionality. hm. I will think about that, maybe I can think of useful things for jewelry that makes Wurmy sense too. I would have to familiarize myself with what they are already capable of though. I haven't much experience with them in game. The first thing that comes to mind is charms. I would think if you made a beaded necklace, perhaps it could improve your prayer efficiency? Such a necklace could be made to match your deity. So that when you pray and wear the right necklace at the same time it improves your prayers in some way.

Another necklace idea would be a friendship chain. When inspected it would show others who your best friend is. But that wouldn't have any in game value except as a novelty.

Another possibility is that the necklaces act as a small container to hold things like sleeping powder or poison with a decay rate comparable to a backpack.

hm...

nothing else comes to mind. Should I post any of those in a new thread. :D

I'd say an expansion to Toy-making and Jewellery-smithing would give adequate scope for a range of items that could be made into 'lucky' versions with a variety of luck-buffs. Simple-easy recipes could be accessible to everyone, but their usefulness to veteran accounts would necessarily be minimal. Complex recipes (by which I mean the effect produced - the complexity of the code - not the manufacturing difficulty to the player) would be available to make by seasoned accounts, but wouldn't naturally function to the benefit of brand-new accounts. Thus one must match the complexity of the charm, to one's current account complexity, to gain the full benefit.

Affecting the base RNG with equipped charms could easily become a cornerstone of Wurm gameplay, and its very implementation would cause natural obfuscation of the mechanics, without having to keep basic premises of hard-coded principles out of the wiki to preserve the 'discovery' aspect for new accounts.

So yeah, I'd say take the time to really think about what YOU want to see, read the guides on posting again - maybe including the helpful-comments on less popular posts - and if you want to go the whole-hog, do some extra reading on suggestion topics that got implemented into inspired-by features.

Then post again.

Edited by Drayka

+1

I would add the possibility of inserting a horseshoe into the quiver's slot and then actions like surface mining are more successful, mining rock wall has a better chance of extracting the gem, while cutting trees you have a better chance that the tree will be of higher quality (closer to max you can get with your skills), while breeding animals it reduces the chance to pass negative traits etc.

Depending on what metal the horseshoe is made of such bonuses it gives, e.g. an iron horseshoe would give a luck bonus for surface mining actions, but not for others, steel would increase chance for getting gem while mining and a silver horseshoe would increase lucky AH actions, etc.