Sign in to follow this  
wsrich

Impalong in December @ SunnySide Harmony M-18?

I would first like to start by saying thank you everyone who i have been interacting with on wurm for such a great time.

Each and everyone has been amazing and made my time on wurm very much enjoyable and that is the thing with wurm its 40% game and 60% community that make it what it is! 

Now to the fun part, so me and my partner in crime Rihanna have been talking about hosting a Impalong on Sunnyside / Harmony Homestead. 

We have spend the better part of 2 months digging and digging and surface mining and DIGGING to create a place for new players to encourage them to stay and enjoy the game,
we have managed to get 3 people from HB spawn to join us and now they actually know how to play the game they say that if they did not join us they would of gave up and quit the game 

Our goal is focusing on populating the area and providing a safe on deed place for new players and help them get to grips with the game and that's why we want to host a impalong 
We would like people to join together and help each other and just have a really good time, I'm looking to plan to do it for December to give us a few months to get things ready. 

We also want to say thank you to everyone for making this game what it is and giving everyone the chance to join together for a few days meet new players and just have a good time. 

More info will be added here as and when it comes available but for now you can join a discord i have set up for brain storming.  https://discord.gg/ayFwDx8ZNj

For everyone that does not know what a impalong is its a event where people travel to one place and get there items imped to a set QL its a place people work together for free and help each other no matter what your skill level is.
Food water sermons games with prizes and much more. 

This will be the first one on these new servers and i want to set a standard and give the players a event to remember! :) 

Thanks for reading please let me know any questions via discord as don't want to flood this forum post. 

Sorry guys didnt notice the already in planning impalong - i will 100% be putting my request in for next years :) thanks anyway 

Rogue Cathedral's Festival of the Veil - Town Square - Wurm Online Forum

Please have a look here 

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 1

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but it will not be the first one on these new servers.

This was posted almost 3 months ago and have done a good lot of planning and preparation for it already (which can be seen/read on the post itself). It will also happen on october, which is before december, which is why I'm saying you won't be the first impalong on NFI.

Edited by Borstaskor
  • Like 1

Thank you for pointing that out :) ill re plan for next year then.

• Like 1

However, please note the rest of the post. We have created and are further developing Harmony Homestead, just North of Harmony Bay. It is a safe place for new players to start, where they can develop and then, if they want move on.

The idea is not to have a large deed, but to enable new players to overcome the learning curve and become part of the community. We provide houses and beds, but also raw mats so people can develop skills, provide tools and animals and other things to get started quickly.,

Edited by Rihanna
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but it will not be the first one on these new servers.

This was posted almost 3 months ago and have done a good lot of planning and preparation for it already (which can be seen/read on the post itself). It will also happen on october, which is before december, which is why I'm saying you won't be the first impalong on NFI.

Be Ready for some updates to that post soon too. we've dug up some new bodies and are now working on gathering more materials @wsrich your welcome to join ours perhaps we can work to gether and network and help other who wis to plan these in the future.

• Like 1

First I wish good success and fun to the organizers, contributors, and participants of both Rogue Cathedral and Sunny Side impalongs. While there is no doubt that Rogue Cathedral is the first one on NFI, I fail to see why there should not be another one in December, possibly close to Christmas.

As a SFI dweller I would like to point out that we regularly had three impalongs per year at minimum, with a smaller or at best equally large population compared tp NFI, with the significant difference of much less new players (therefore often was less to imp during the last 2 days of some of the recent impalongs). This year there were already two (Deliverance and Friendship Bay Pristine), another one will take place in October (Independence New Festival Cove), and most probably and hopefully Dracaa's Lunalong on Xanadu will take place in December (not sure about that one as Dracaa is very much occupied by RL but we hope).

I assume that the impers even at two events on NFI will have a lot more to do. Beneath that, impalongs always are also events with a lot of partially user organized, partially GM supported activities, a way to gather the community, having sermoning cycles, and so on.

So do not be discouraged by the fact that Rogue Cathedral was first. Establish your event and have fun with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RogueCathedral said:

Be Ready for some updates to that post soon too. we've dug up some new bodies and are now working on gathering more materials @wsrich your welcome to join ours perhaps we can work to gether and network and help other who wis to plan these in the future.

Thank you Rogue, I'm sure we can help each other out indeed :) 

@Ekcinits a good idea just dont want to burst bubbles, i think 2 months after would be a little close but i may do one early next year gives me a little more time to get ready for it :) 

• Like 1