Sign in to follow this  
ValosKreldon

Recommended permission settings on deed if i want to let others stay there a while?

Preface with some context.  I played for a while and built a modest deed that isn't that beautiful, but it's mine.  I'm not playing much anymore, but my neighbors still do, and I wouldn't mind letting some new people come stay on the deed, mine, remove trees, farm, even build their own buildings if they wanted.  I just wouldn't want them to be able to destroy anything i'd already built.    

That said, what would be the optimal settings for a role for someone staying on my deed in that situation?  Is there a way to do what i want and avoid getting trolled through role settings?

Edited by ValosKreldon

You can set individual permissions for each player. Building permissions will override deed permissions, so you can allow other players into your buildings, but deny them management. You can also set it so they don't have destroy building permissions on deed. 

So, things to let them have would be meditation abilities, casting of deity spells, tend/sow, mine, harvest, chop, etc.. I'd avoid letting them have 'pickup planted items'. I'd just go through the list and see what you do/do not want players to have, but make sure you don't let them pick up planted items or destroy buildings. I'm not at home right now to get a good screenshot, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Bakhita said:

You can set individual permissions for each player. Building permissions will override deed permissions, so you can allow other players into your buildings, but deny them management. You can also set it so they don't have destroy building permissions on deed. 

Is it possible to let people have permission to build/destroy things they themselves build, but not mine?  Since i wouldn't be super active i'd love to be able to log in and see the change that happens over time.  I wouldn't want someone to have to wait for me to log in to correct a mistake because of bad permissions though.

Edited by ValosKreldon