Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/2021

Just now, Lisabet said:

a mine door is not a protected item; if it is off deed it can be bashed just like an off deed fence or wall can be bashed; only buildings are protected on pve from bashing off deed

Oh we can bash minedoors on freedom? Interesting

wow, demona sure was right...

the devs have been working on a whole lot!

keep the great work up

thanks

• Like 7
  • Cat 1

1NoYVNi.png

This is where I put my CM hat on; before you run off to bash every off deed mine door you see, make sure that you are not griefing anyone.  It is the GMs decision in a circumstance whether griefing occurs, but if the only purpose of bashing off mine doors is to cause trouble with people it may be taken negatively.

1 minute ago, Lisabet said:

1NoYVNi.png

This is where I put my CM hat on; before you run off to bash every off deed mine door you see, make sure that you are not griefing anyone.  It is the GMs decision in a circumstance whether griefing occurs, but if the only purpose of bashing off mine doors is to cause trouble with people it may be taken negatively.

Here we go with the gray area again. What's the point of even playing the game when anything you can do can be twisted as milacious?

the act of griefing is a matter of intent; if your intention is to cause trouble, it's not really a grey area is it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

the act of griefing is a matter of intent; if your intention is to cause trouble, it's not really a grey area is it?

And how hard is it to prove that it is in the intent of griefing if you were to have a personal sleep vendetta against me?

example A; you come across an apparently abandoned area (decaying fences, decaying buillding, etc) and a low quality mine door is nearby; is it fine to bash? yeah most likely, it's an abandoned area 

example B; you come across an area where someone's obviously actively playing; repaired house, repaired fences (or barely damaged but low quality) some farm tiles in various stages of growth, etc and a mine door that's low quality because the player is probably a newbie that can't imp it any higher and just wants to keep monsters out; bash it? Personally I'd advise against it; while it's not against the rules, the player will likely get upset and be confused if they don't catch you in the act; it's polite to not destroy their stuff

example C; you get into arguments with someone in Freedom or GL or even local that are witnessed by other players, and you decide that you want to bash their perimeter mine door because 'hey it's not on deed, it's not against the rules!' and on the way out grab some crates and other stuff that is near the mine door.  Now I'm not a GM, so it's not my call.  But there's probably a good chance that'll be seen as griefing.

make sense?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

example A; you come across an apparently abandoned area (decaying fences, decaying buillding, etc) and a low quality mine door is nearby; is it fine to bash? yeah most likely, it's an abandoned area 

example B; you come across an area where someone's obviously actively playing; repaired house, repaired fences (or barely damaged but low quality) some farm tiles in various stages of growth, etc and a mine door that's low quality because the player is probably a newbie that can't imp it any higher and just wants to keep monsters out; bash it? Personally I'd advise against it; while it's not against the rules, the player will likely get upset and be confused if they don't catch you in the act; it's polite to not destroy their stuff

example C; you get into arguments with someone in Freedom or GL or even local that are witnessed by other players, and you decide that you want to bash their perimeter mine door because 'hey it's not on deed, it's not against the rules!' and on the way out grab some crates and other stuff that is near the mine door.  Now I'm not a GM, so it's not my call.  But there's probably a good chance that'll be seen as griefing.

make sense?

Griefing no. Stealing yes? But it's off deed. Griefing would be keep bashing the minedoor but even then they could always expand their deed to stop the problem kinda like how the answer to everything is just put them on ignore?

It wouldn't be my call, thankfully that's above my paygrade.  There would probably be investigation into the reasoning behind actions though.  This is a multiplayer game, and if you don't have a reason to remove the mine door in example C other than to cause someone else frustration, I'd suggest you just don't do it and be on your way somewhere else.  When you choose to do an action, stop to think how you'd feel if that action was done to you.  It tends to make life easier for all involved.

Here's the shield close up. Very nice shield in my opinion, Very Romanesque Shield.

OQ76k1w.jpg

• Like 3

So in short, On Freedom you can use the owners mistakes in perms and clear out a whole deed, but on Chaos you can not? good ruletwisting mates!

How about setting perms on the minedoor instead to let your kingdom go through it?

That have been used several times, is it any different? if not i have some pandas to report.

And if the minedoor is on perimiter and a enemy still have manage rights to get in to the deed that way, is that ok?

Have some more players to report if so.

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: The August monthly skin is now available – Bulwark Shield!
  • Bugfix: The owner of a mine door can no longer remove it from a village without being a citizen of that village.

IMO this "fix" for mine doors is lacking and completely ignores the exact same scenario playing out with buildings that are still owned by players that have left the kingdom, you think your safe then poof it is gone and you are left scrambling for cover that may or may not be available to you. Seen and heard of it happening a bunch over the years with buildings.

Would it not be better if the Ownership of mine doors, gates and buildings automatically transferred to the Mayor of the deed on placement and or completion, then the player placing and or completing is given manage rights only, which of course can be Revoked by the Mayor at any time. This way if a mayor fails to purge the permissions it is entirely their laziness that has exacted in the resulting compromised situation.

If the Ownership is not automatically transferred to the Mayor, what is stop players that are leaving kingdoms just setting as many mine doors as they own to "Everyone", allowing both kingdom and non kingdom members to access the mine door, which in my case is 250+ in one deed alone. Again this has happened in the past and people have died as a result.

Hope this give you some food for thought and maybe we will see a revision of the current "fix".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: The owner of a mine door can no longer remove it from a village without being a citizen of that village.

they can still just set it to everyone in their kingdom has access and deny access to the enemy kingdom, no?

seems like a very thought out fix lol

• Like 2

I was about to write something similar to the above two posts.. the fix should not have been about the removing of mine doors, the issue seems to be  the ownership of said mine doors, that's the part that should have been dealt with and changed.

The option to remove a mine door would have been way nicer to be part of the permissions system as a new option ('remove mine door' checkbox just like we have for pass & manage), not a locked option for villagers only which only makes managing them even harder in pvp where you deal with hundreds of mine doors.

I’m glad that the exploit was fixed, let’s hope other bugs don’t pop up for them to exploit.

Edited by Mclavin

6 hours ago, Madnath said:

STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!

Scissors next to honor the AH grind and sheep pains.

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

they can still just set it to everyone in their kingdom has access and deny access to the enemy kingdom, no?

seems like a very thought out fix lol

Yes they can, would have to remote manage them one at a time on every mayor for every deed, check and change the perms if needed, could be thousands of doors across a kingdom, so in the event that a player exits the kingdom and has placed a ton of the mine doors, built a bunch of buildings and decides to set them all to "Everyone", it could be race to do that before being ransacked by the kingdom they are defecting to, I mean it only takes for a little preplanning to co-ordinate such an event.

Giving automatic ownership to the mayor would allow for better management of permissions on deeds full stop.

You cannot as they mayor remove a players ability to set perms on building they have built or any mine door they have placed on the deed without removing the building or removing the mine door, buildings would have to be bashed and mine doors would have to removed and replaced. In addition if they never give the mayor manage perms the mayor cannot control that building at all.

If only mayors have the authority to decide perms on gates, buildings and mine doors on deed, the soul responsibility of keeping perms in check falls on the mayor of the deed and cannot be compromised by another player, unless of course the mayor chooses to compromise the deed, but you cannot code that out, if they are defecting, they are defecting.

Another scenario off the top of my head whereby automatic transfer of ownership to the mayor would be beneficial is around the resizing of deeds. For example, player x has left the kingdom but has Ownership of your longhouses on top of all of your dirt walls or maybe even all the building on the deed, you cannot resize the deed until you have removed those structures.

Giving automatic ownership to the mayor would prevent these types of situation from ever arising.

Edited by Middi

7 hours ago, Atndy said:

Why shouldn't it be?

Right because the blocking abilities of a building is a special case, a privilege mainly granted to protect squatters from theft and other kinds of abuse, e.g. deeding over to grab the contents. This privilege for undeeded structure owners does not extend to gates and fences. A minedoor is a special case of a gate. 

8 hours ago, Elrohiir said:

Here's the shield close up. Very nice shield in my opinion, Very Romanesque Shield.

OQ76k1w.jpg

Okay, time to break out some bronze.

I mean, it just HAS to be in bronze, yes?

• Like 2

Question, is the shield skin only for large ones?

yes. large metal shield only. And bronze seems like a perfect choice TheTrickster 😃

Edited by Elrohiir

12 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Okay, time to break out some bronze.

I mean, it just HAS to be in bronze, yes?

iron / steel....

making bronze shield will be committing suddoku

("love explaining jokes".. and how that is seppuku not sudoku, and that bronze is paint to maintain high ql later on..)

--edit

1 hour ago, Elrohiir said:

yes. large metal shield only. And bronze seems like a perfect choice TheTrickster 😃

Why? You can dye / color rune the shield.. no need to suffer metal penalties or deal with metallurgy 

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this