Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/2021

• New: The August monthly skin is now available – Bulwark Shield!
  • Bugfix: The owner of a mine door can no longer remove it from a village without being a citizen of that village.
  • Like 2

I'm more curious about screenshot of the new shield skin

Silver-Balls-Swinging.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'm more curious about screenshot of the new shield skin

Silver-Balls-Swinging.gif

it looks quite pretty quite roman like and such

• Like 1

Just a thought. When a player revoke their citizenship/change kingdom, perhaps any minedoor on-deed owned by that player could transfer to the mayor instead?

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sharkin said:

Just a thought. When a player revoke their citizenship, perhaps any minedoor on-deed owned by that player could transfer to the mayor instead?

Should writs not do the same? I feel like you should have to bash it and replace it as it's not owned by you.

6 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Should writs not do the same? I feel like you should have to bash it and replace it as it's not owned by you.

Probably, I'm not sure how everything works. I would assume that if you hold the writs for a village and change kingdom, you could demolish the houses and gain easy access to the deed, no? In that case, it would feel better if the writs transfered to mayor upon leaving. But just my opinon, not here to argue! 🤣

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

Just now, LionIX said:

Shield type for skin?

Large Metal Shield

1 minute ago, Sharkin said:

Probably, I'm not sure how everything works. I would assume that if you hold the writs for a village and change kingdom, you could demolish the houses and gain easy access to the deed, no?

Correct so why should minedoors be any different?

The new shield skin looks really cool. On a side note though, is there a reason why the majority of the monthly skins are shield or helmet skins? There is ton's of tools and other items in wurm that it would be really cool to see some skins on. While this new skin is great and I would love to use it with my plumed helm (go full roman), however I already have the ageless skin on my shield. It would also be cool if you can put multiple skins on an item and be able to swap between them. Like steam skins. But yeah it would be great to have skins for other items. Maybe some more furniture skins like the sturdy large chest, maybe even a skin for a cart or wagon. That would be cool. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atndy said:

Correct so why should minedoors be any different?

My point is that I would not like for someone that leaves deed/change kingdom to have that opportunity to screw a village over so easily. That's a sad way of abusing someone's trust. 

• Like 3

New skin looks awesome, thank you for adding it! 

Keep up the good work!

Happy Wurming!

6 minutes ago, Sharkin said:

My point is that I would not like for someone that leaves deed/change kingdom to have that opportunity to screw a village over so easily. That's a sad way of abusing someone's trust. 

Your looking at a willful change what if you were forced to leave and they kept your stuff hostage in your personal safe mine?

15 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

The new shield skin looks really cool. On a side note though, is there a reason why the majority of the monthly skins are shield or helmet skins? There is ton's of tools and other items in wurm that it would be really cool to see some skins on. While this new skin is great and I would love to use it with my plumed helm (go full roman), however I already have the ageless skin on my shield. It would also be cool if you can put multiple skins on an item and be able to swap between them. Like steam skins. But yeah it would be great to have skins for other items. Maybe some more furniture skins like the sturdy large chest, maybe even a skin for a cart or wagon. That would be cool. 

STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Your looking at a willful change what if you were forced to leave and they kept your stuff hostage in your personal safe mine?

permissions and ability to manage the mine door on deed already go to the mayor if you are removed from said deed and/or kingdom; ownership of the door should not give access to an enemy while the mine door is on a deed you are enemy to, nor should you be able to remove said door with a crowbar if you're in an enemy kingdom

• Like 2

Shield skin looks great good work with that. 

8 minutes ago, Madnath said:

STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!

+1 x infinity

52 minutes ago, Atndy said:

So if someone expands over my minedoor I can no longer get it back? (Freedom isles)

And correct, if someone expands a deed over a mine door, the mine door belongs to the deed until the deed disbands or resizes off of the mine door.  They 'own' the mine entrance/door because it is now part of their deed.  Something you can do to protect a mine door is have a building in front of it which would block deeding over it, though a perimeter over it will keep the building from being repaired.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

permissions and ability to manage the mine door on deed already go to the mayor if you are removed from said deed and/or kingdom; ownership of the door should not give access to an enemy while the mine door is on a deed you are enemy to, nor should you be able to remove said door with a crowbar if you're in an enemy kingdom

Why shouldn't it? I placed the door. It's just like a building. I made the building, I placed the minedoor. I should always maintain rights unless I willfully give ownership away.

mine doors are not the same thing as buildings and never have been

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Just now, Lisabet said:

mine doors are not the same thing as buildings and never have been

Why shouldn't it be?

Just now, Atndy said:

Why shouldn't it be?

a mine door is not a protected item; if it is off deed it can be bashed just like an off deed fence or wall can be bashed; only buildings are protected on pve from bashing off deed

Sign in to follow this