DevBlog

Patch Notes 11/AUG/2021

Recommended Posts

  • New: The August monthly skin is now available – Bulwark Shield!
  • Bugfix: The owner of a mine door can no longer remove it from a village without being a citizen of that village.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No image of the skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more curious about screenshot of the new shield skin

Silver-Balls-Swinging.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'm more curious about screenshot of the new shield skin

Silver-Balls-Swinging.gif

it looks quite pretty quite roman like and such

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'm more curious about screenshot of the new shield skin

xCb3EZt.png

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just a thought. When a player revoke their citizenship/change kingdom, perhaps any minedoor on-deed owned by that player could transfer to the mayor instead?

 

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sharkin said:

Just a thought. When a player revoke their citizenship, perhaps any minedoor on-deed owned by that player could transfer to the mayor instead?

Should writs not do the same? I feel like you should have to bash it and replace it as it's not owned by you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Should writs not do the same? I feel like you should have to bash it and replace it as it's not owned by you.

 

Probably, I'm not sure how everything works. I would assume that if you hold the writs for a village and change kingdom, you could demolish the houses and gain easy access to the deed, no? In that case, it would feel better if the writs transfered to mayor upon leaving. But just my opinon, not here to argue! 🤣

 

 

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shield type for skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionIX said:

Shield type for skin?

 

Large Metal Shield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sharkin said:

 

Probably, I'm not sure how everything works. I would assume that if you hold the writs for a village and change kingdom, you could demolish the houses and gain easy access to the deed, no?

 

 

Correct so why should minedoors be any different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, demondan said:

 

 

Looks awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new shield skin looks really cool. On a side note though, is there a reason why the majority of the monthly skins are shield or helmet skins? There is ton's of tools and other items in wurm that it would be really cool to see some skins on. While this new skin is great and I would love to use it with my plumed helm (go full roman), however I already have the ageless skin on my shield. It would also be cool if you can put multiple skins on an item and be able to swap between them. Like steam skins. But yeah it would be great to have skins for other items. Maybe some more furniture skins like the sturdy large chest, maybe even a skin for a cart or wagon. That would be cool. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atndy said:

Correct so why should minedoors be any different?

 

My point is that I would not like for someone that leaves deed/change kingdom to have that opportunity to screw a village over so easily. That's a sad way of abusing someone's trust. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New skin looks awesome, thank you for adding it! 

 

Keep up the good work!

 

Happy Wurming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sharkin said:

 

My point is that I would not like for someone that leaves deed/change kingdom to have that opportunity to screw a village over so easily. That's a sad way of abusing someone's trust. 

Your looking at a willful change what if you were forced to leave and they kept your stuff hostage in your personal safe mine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

The new shield skin looks really cool. On a side note though, is there a reason why the majority of the monthly skins are shield or helmet skins? There is ton's of tools and other items in wurm that it would be really cool to see some skins on. While this new skin is great and I would love to use it with my plumed helm (go full roman), however I already have the ageless skin on my shield. It would also be cool if you can put multiple skins on an item and be able to swap between them. Like steam skins. But yeah it would be great to have skins for other items. Maybe some more furniture skins like the sturdy large chest, maybe even a skin for a cart or wagon. That would be cool. 

 

STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Your looking at a willful change what if you were forced to leave and they kept your stuff hostage in your personal safe mine?

permissions and ability to manage the mine door on deed already go to the mayor if you are removed from said deed and/or kingdom; ownership of the door should not give access to an enemy while the mine door is on a deed you are enemy to, nor should you be able to remove said door with a crowbar if you're in an enemy kingdom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shield skin looks great good work with that. 

 

8 minutes ago, Madnath said:

 

STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!

 +1 x infinity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Atndy said:

So if someone expands over my minedoor I can no longer get it back? (Freedom isles)

And correct, if someone expands a deed over a mine door, the mine door belongs to the deed until the deed disbands or resizes off of the mine door.  They 'own' the mine entrance/door because it is now part of their deed.  Something you can do to protect a mine door is have a building in front of it which would block deeding over it, though a perimeter over it will keep the building from being repaired.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

permissions and ability to manage the mine door on deed already go to the mayor if you are removed from said deed and/or kingdom; ownership of the door should not give access to an enemy while the mine door is on a deed you are enemy to, nor should you be able to remove said door with a crowbar if you're in an enemy kingdom

Why shouldn't it? I placed the door. It's just like a building. I made the building, I placed the minedoor. I should always maintain rights unless I willfully give ownership away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine doors are not the same thing as buildings and never have been

  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lisabet said:

mine doors are not the same thing as buildings and never have been

Why shouldn't it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atndy said:

Why shouldn't it be?

 

a mine door is not a protected item; if it is off deed it can be bashed just like an off deed fence or wall can be bashed; only buildings are protected on pve from bashing off deed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now