Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Regarding our silence

8 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Lol

Lol

Nice bait

Edited by Zuelatak

Thank you all for the messages of support and understanding. We are all anxious to see bugs and issues resolved, we are players too. I personally look forward to continued improvements to the game and am very excited to be involved our continued experiences.

• Like 3

First off, my regrets to any staff that have suffered a loss or are going through difficult times.  One of my own friends just passed away a few days ago.  It frankly sucks.  The last few months, I've been very hit and miss in my duties as an alliance member, rarely showing up and filling my allies with concern that I may not return.  I don't always give them details on what is going on with my schedule and that leaves them pretty clueless as to my future.

However, they aren't paying me to be there and my obligation is just as a personal friendship - which is actually pretty important to me.  But still, I really don't have an obligation to keep my allies informed.  I do log in from time to time and say hello, buy random deeds, etc, because I want them to know I haven't left.  I like them all very much.

Wurm employees on the other hand have a very real responsibility to keep the community informed.  Information delivered sooner is almost always better than later.  If we knew communications were going on standby right after horse update, it would have been better than what we all just experienced.  Not really a hindsight thing here either.  Just common sense.  We all know how mad our parents would get when we tried to hide a bad report card, right?

So I hope Wurm staff gets through all the RL troubles and irons out a plan to keep information flowing to one of the most loyal communities in MMO history.

Heck, even when I am not playing actively, I am generally on the forums daily, checking for any interesting updates, which might be exciting enough for me to prem 24 more months on 15 alts, because that is how Wurm is played, right?

Thank you Keenan for this update and keep them coming please!

• Like 9

Thank you Keenan and love and best wishes to all.

I think it's too easy to think in terms of Wurm Online the product / company, but forget Wurm Online the community and 'family'.  The close connection between staff and players in Wurm Online is like nowhere else, and sets it apart from other games. When this is suddenly missing for unexpected reasons, we notice, and we worry, maybe feel abandoned and fret over whatever other petty things we feel are missing as a result, but we are very poor at putting the real reasons for this feeling of loss into the right words.

We are missing you all. ❤️

• Like 4

Just adding - I love the ah update! Yes there are a few things that need ironing out, but declarations that ah has been 'nerfed' or doesn't work any more are inaccurate in my opinion. I'm making good speed horses and I'm nearly there with the drafts. My donkeys are doing very well, and my output sheep are getting there. I really like having new species and new traits to work with, and my only complaints are pretty minor. Give me spotty sheeps and some ambient farm noises and I'll be 100% happy! 😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Just adding - I love the ah update! Yes there are a few things that need ironing out, but declarations that ah has been 'nerfed' or doesn't work any more are inaccurate in my opinion. I'm making good speed horses and I'm nearly there with the drafts. My donkeys are doing very well, and my output sheep are getting there. I really like having new species and new traits to work with, and my only complaints are pretty minor. Give me spotty sheeps and some ambient farm noises and I'll be 100% happy! 😂

definitely a setting to mute 'ambient farm sounds'🤫

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Wurm employees on the other hand have a very real responsibility to keep the community informed.

I'm curious about exactly how many employees CodeClub (or whatever they're called now) actually has.  From my experience in the U.S. software industry (which may not reflect reality everywhere) a contractor is NOT an employee, nor is a volunteer.

8 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

I'm curious about exactly how many employees CodeClub (or whatever they're called now) actually has.  From my experience in the U.S. software industry (which may not reflect reality everywhere) a contractor is NOT an employee, nor is a volunteer.

No such information on official website, we asked for some update on that a year or 2 ago.. as there used to be a page with rolf and the ex 2 devs, once they were replaced it's a veil who's around and does what.. You can go read the bi-weekly/monthly news to count the new employees and probably miss 1 or few. And there's GCG along with CCAB, who knows how many work on WO at the moment.

Edited by Finnn

1 hour ago, Ricowan said:

Probably around 5, judging from this investor relations report.

The Group currently consists of over 10 competent and highly committed employees who work actively to improve and further develop the company's services and platforms.

The group has a few other projects, so I would assume about half of their employees work on Wurm Online. Can't know for sure though.

Seen that.. just chose to not mention numbers or comment on the info from it.

1 hour ago, Sindusk said:

Probably around 5, judging from this investor relations report.

The group has a few other projects, so I would assume about half of their employees work on Wurm Online. Can't know for sure though.

According to this Code Club AB had 2 employees per the end of december 2020

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

Even the biggest development teams are pushing back release dates, I guess its just a sign of the times and the challenging world we live in, especially at the moment.

I appreciate the update and the honesty in the currenty situation. I must say as a reletively new player I simply do not know how the game has been managed/updated in the past so can't really take an opinion on it. That being said it is a little sad seeing less and less people in the world and more and more deeds disbanding. I put that down to summer and lockdowns releasing in certain parts of the world, but it would be nice to have just a few more updates on whats on the roadmap and current state of development just to keep people interested.

Besides that all I'd like to say is thank you, I sunk a lot of lockdown hours into the game over the last year, and really hope the game can continue to draw in players for a long time as I really enjoy exploring the world, seeing peoples creations, and seeing new ideas completed on my own deed as it expands and grows.

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 4

Best of wishes to the WO staff. It's good that you let the community know of this. I noticed myself that there were some concerns on the forums regarding the status of Wurm further development (and I go on the forums only every now and then).

I played the game a few times in the no-animation age, and when I started on Serenity 7-8 yrs ago I was astonished at how far and how well polished this very unknown game has gotten. I remained a player since then and the team has delivered constant updates to the game. Updates that were both high quality and that for me seemed to be very strategically choosen to have the most impact, which is especially important since the team is so small, so every minute of development time counts.

Take for example the AH update - something a great number of players enjoy, that needed to be more meaningful, especially for higher skilled players. Also the combat update they made combat be more meaningful, more engaging. It was never the case to go from this slow-paced combat (which some people like me actually prefer) to some Mordhau-style of combat, so they bettered exactly that part. Also the graphics update - rendering distant forrests - Wurm has those awesome, realistic forrest areas and they enhanced exactly that part which a lot of people like (even some non-Wurmian friends of mine are amazed by those forrests). Oh and I have to mention here, I put up a "little" bug, that was observable by the keenest eyes only and it got resolved very quickly, which shows how dedicated they are to quality: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/175525-fixed-transparent-planet-shaded-area-when-overlaping/&tab=comments#comment-1786530

I spoke with a lot of players in-game and many of them appreciate how the game receives those updates from time to time and are still enthusiastic about it even after many years of playing.

I hope someone from the team reads this. It's not meant to flatter anyone, it is exactly how I feel about the my whole Wurm journey, and what I also learned (through in-game chat) is the opinion of others. I'm not saying they should dismiss all the criticism, but when I see all those complaints it makes me feel terrible.

Edited by Idlamn
  • Like 5

posted this in different thread that i thought was this one , sentiment still applys , 

without staff there is no wurm. they do more than anyother game i have played. anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this? people keep talking as if anyone staffmember (or contractor((same in my eyes they who make tihs game so great for all of us, but hey ho)) are in single control of everything that happens.. y'all need to challax , make your points yes but dont hate on those that do the grunt work  on keeping something we all love going strong for so many years when so many other fall. take a step back go for a walk think about whats important in life and revaluate

my piece of the pie , end of

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reflekted said:

anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this?

Id be rather happy if i had a dollar for everyone putting their hand up to deny

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Reflekted said:

posted this in different thread that i thought was this one , sentiment still applys , 

without staff there is no wurm. they do more than anyother game i have played. anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this? people keep talking as if anyone staffmember (or contractor((same in my eyes they who make tihs game so great for all of us, but hey ho)) are in single control of everything that happens.. y'all need to challax , make your points yes but dont hate on those that do the grunt work  on keeping something we all love going strong for so many years when so many other fall. take a step back go for a walk think about whats important in life and revaluate

my piece of the pie , end of

I also forgot to mention this. I called support several times (5-10) and they came in half an hour maximum. Which is also a point for very good service on the game's part.

• Like 1

I agree to that. I never experienced the GM and CA team other than helpful and pleasant, and all criticism of recent changes should not obscure that the dev team does good work, and released a respectable amount of changes even in the few (3.6 ca) years I am playing. Of course, in the PvP world, there are more unpleasant occurrences, especially when a kingdom member is caught cheating, and a whole team is suspended until their involvement has been found out the one or the other way.

• Like 5