Sign in to follow this  
Tukodama

Ditch the Tax!

I would like to suggest a future personal merchant update;

Ditch the 10% tax on selling items!  We already buy the contract, that should be enough.

Please create a ledger, much like the wagoner history for personal merchants.  Include what item sold, how much the item sold for and if possible who bought the item. 

I believe this will create more marketplaces, reduce the heavy reliance on mailboxes and get players away from their deeds and travelling a bit more. 

This would create a little more interaction between players as it is always nice to see players pop into local and have a chat.

Thank you. 

• Like 5

taxes are too damn high - Jimmy McMillan - quickmeme

Firmly believe encouraging merchants are a good way of building more marketplaces, even wrote a proposal for a free merchant version (limited inventory, tax as before, etc) 

• Like 1

A ledger would be so nice!! It's hard to keep track of sales. Would be perfect if we could access it from the merchant contract. This way we can know in advance which items to bring along for restocking when taking a trip to the market.

• Like 3

Visiting @Musemarket once or twice a week (U18 Southport on Deliverance) is one of my favourite things to do on my weekly rounds. Theres tons of unique merchants and a lot of them are refilled often..id do anything to see markets back in the game..

Visiting an old deed on Indy I ran over freedom market and see how dead it was makes so damn sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazecraze said:

Visiting @Musemarket once or twice a week (U18 Southport on Deliverance) is one of my favourite things to do on my weekly rounds. Theres tons of unique merchants and a lot of them are refilled often..id do anything to see markets back in the game..

Visiting an old deed on Indy I ran over freedom market and see how dead it was makes so damn sad.

You should come make a toon on NFI and come visit my market on Harmony. We currently have 23 merchants stocked with all kinds of goodies. I'm happy to summon a toon if you just want to visit sometime. 

When I played on Release years ago I used to go around and visit markets and merchants all the time, it is also one of my favorite things to do. I'm all for anything that will encourage people to create more to encourage people to travel and visit others!

Happy Wurming!

• Like 1

merchants are a pain.  If they don't get used after a few months, they quit and jam all the items in the mail, where they can rot. I lost a gold or more in value from this with a ton of moon metal lumps I was storing on a merchant.

PSA.

This is a nice idea but I don't think it's the reason why markets are not so populated as they used to be.

• Like 1

yeah,  im all for dropping the taxes on personal merchants.  its enough that we bought the contracts but the tax just makes people use the trade channel more for selling items.  Merchants are going to be useless soon. 

I don't know the reason for the tax. Maybe to not overcrowd the game with merchants?

But since a lot of the markets have reduced number of merchants it doesn't make sense anymore. If anything it will make those markets more livelier, and that's for the better.