Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Reaction to Staff Statements on Game Status

9 hours ago, gnomegates said:

Not really keeping it civil there, everything else you said was fine, but you are the first in this thread to take it to another level. We all know the point your trying to make, but it was not needed here, it does nothing but put fuel on the fire when the focus should be calm and looking at the way forward.

As a side note, it works both ways...take those same Bikers and Red Necks in that same Pub or Bar, and have them pay for their drinks and food, then wait for 2 months and not see a staff member again...see what you end up with after that.

It goes both ways, and there should be compassion and empathy going both directions, towards the staff that are struggling with real life issues and also for the players that are struggling with real life issues. As was stated in other places, many people use Wurm as an escape from those struggles, especially during these trying days...and to not know what is happening to the future of your escape, after you have paid for it can be pretty stressful itself. These issues have been addressed now, so the focus is to hope we all learn, we all move forward and grow and become a better person, especially towards each other. 

We are all on this same blue ball called earth together, and unless your Bezos or Musk, none of us are leaving it anytime soon, so lets all try a little more thought, love and compassion all around. 

Thanks for this post and the update, it is appreciated.

Eh, Yes and no. technically that WAS civil. he didn't call the trolls all the foul names in the book, nor blame anyone specifically, just the way trolls treat ppl in general. If you are taking it personal, well either you are part of that group or have missed something. If you missed something, well that's on you to figure out what it is. However it was a suggestion of violence, even if indirect. 

Edited by Tomatoes
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomatoes said:

Eh, Yes and no. technically that WAS civil. he didn't call the trolls all the foul names in the book, nor blame anyone specifically, just the way trolls treat ppl in general. If you are taking it personal, well either you are part of that group or have missed something. If you missed something, well that's on you to figure out what it is. However it was a suggestion of violence, even if indirect. 

I took nothing personal about it, just pointing out my view of what was said. Anytime someone advocates or suggests, even the suggestion of violence as you said, indirect or not, over words, there is a problem there and should be called out. Violence, direct or indirect should never be the reaction to words in situations such as this.

His wish of harm on a group of people, regardless of how vile that group of people may be, he did to that group what that group did to staff in previous threads. A standard, once set should be maintained. If people wishing or suggesting violence on one group of people are going to be held accountable, then all should be held accountable.

As I said, I think most of us understood his point he was trying to make, and I don't think the point was generally wrong, but I do think it was wrong for this situation in this context. I went on to explain that the focus should be compassion and love towards others and seeing how we can all be better moving forward.

What I do tend to take to heart a little more then normal is when people try to put others into one group or another without knowing that person. Your statement that I'm either part of that group, the trolls and those that broke the rules, or I'm part of a group that missed the point, I find to be very disingenuous at the least. I feel my position was clear on the situation and what should be done moving forward, that is the group I'm in. What is best for Wurm and the Wurm community and I simply did not feel his post is what is best for that group. To say that myself or anyone else is one group or another without knowing that person, especially when you are suggesting that one of the groups is a vile group, is putting alot of judgement onto that person without knowing a thing about them or what they do for the community. There are many other view points and groups as you say then just the two you listed, it is not white or black, it is not that simple. There is however right and wrong, and I try to fall within the group of right as much as I possibly can. Est Sularus Oth Mithas - My honor is my life, is a creed that I have tried to live up to my entire life, in and out of virtual. I fail many times as I am not perfect, but it is one of many things that I strive for, regardless of where it takes me or the outcomes of such actions. Now you know a little more about me. 

Enki addressed the trolls and trouble makers in his post, meaning he was dealing with them. Adding fuel to the fire in any way from that point forward I don't feel is constructive to the community moving forward. We all have our feelings towards the trolls and those that treated the staff the way they did. I'm not defending those trolls, they should be removed if they are found to have broken the rules. We should show that we are better then them and not resort to the tactics that they used, especially after they have been addressed by the people in charge. Let Enki do his job.

Edited by gnomegates
  • Like 2

I must have missed what was said to Demona but if i read this correctly, people were giving out to a person who has no say in what's being developed and doesn't know or can't release the information they do know unless green lighted by the devs? That person?

That doesn't make much sence. Might as well direct your insults to me, with similar result. I'll take them all on the chin and respond appropriately. 

• Like 2

Some food for thought on the Enki post. Something that most may not realize. It's my understanding that Wurm does not link Forum accts. with In-game accts. except for the occasional extreme case, which I believe this to be. So I'm curious on what side of the fence the ban hammer is going to fall. Will only the Forum accts. of the perpetrators be banned? Will one or many In-game accts. be affected? Deeds? 

It brings back into question the old arguement of whether Forum and In-game accts. should be permanently linked, or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Will only the Forum accts. of the perpetrators be banned? Will one or many In-game accts. be affected?

WXfuedi.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HughMongus said:

As my Dad used to say "you catch more fly's with honey then you do with vinegar".

You can catch even more with *crap*.. just saying..

Edited by faty
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

It brings back into question the old arguement of whether Forum and In-game accts. should be permanently linked, or not.

I'll merely bring to light an old piece of Wurm history where some forum accounts were hacked years ago and the passwords were used to access some players ingame accounts. This lead to the banhammer falling on some players I'll not name, you can check up the forums in the past when it happened. 

Having 2 accounts linked to the same password is .... unwise to say the least. It's better we have 2 types of account imho for security reasons. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elentari said:

Having 2 accounts linked to the same password is .... unwise to say the least. It's better we have 2 types of account imho for security reasons. 

You can link them, but not have them use the same password.

• Like 3

So, am I right in saying that at this point, we're all pretty much agreed that "everybody got problems, everybody deserves consideration, and takin' it out on each other may be stupid, but from time to time we all do it, coz life is pretty hard for all of us right now"?

I don't know how badly I'm misquoting that, and I don't remember what I'm quoting from, but there's definitely some near- Samuel L. Jackson overtones in my memory of it. (Had to rephrase quite heavily to gloss over the censorable language.)

My heartfelt sympathies to everyone who is struggling. Regardless of the cause, regardless of the severity, and regardless of their reaction to crisis.

Edited by Drayka
  • Like 3

Wurm has always had vocal segments of the community that behave as spoiled children and waste no opportunity to whinge.

This is just more of the same old stuff.

• Like 1

without staff there is no wurm. they do more than anyother game i have played. anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this? people keep talking as if anyone staffmember (or contractor((same in my eyes they who make tihs game so great for all of us, but hey ho)) are in single control of everything that happens.. y'all need to challax , make your points yes but dont hate on those that do the grunt work  on keeping something we all love going strong for so many years when so many other fall. take a step back go for a walk think about whats important in life and revaluate

my piece of the pie , end of

4 minutes ago, Reflekted said:

can anyone deny this?

yes

unknown.png

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Reflekted said:

anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this

Yes lol

multiple players in the previous thread showed support tickets they have that still haven't been resolved MONTHS later

bugs exist in this game that've been known and repeatedly reported for years

4 minutes ago, Reflekted said:

make your points yes but dont hate on those that do the grunt work  on keeping something we all love going strong for so many years when so many other fall.

i absolutely agree, flaming and bashing those who work on the game is uncalled for. Much of the forum is unhappy with how the game has been managed on all levels, from communication, to development, as well as what resources have been put back into the game by the parent company. The current state of the game shows that there has been much failure throughout management. This post is a step in the right direction, but it's a step that has been taken many times in the past. We have yet to see much further down the path

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Reflekted said:

anytime a support ticket is raised it is sorted promtly and if it takes more that a day to sort then its a major issue which is sorted in  aday or two ,can anyone deny this?

Yes.  I think I have raised maybe 6 or 7 support tickets.  One was to recover my horses from someone else's cart and was sorted promptly.  One was to move an abandoned boat and I was told to get my mayor to ticket it instead - done and sorted.  All of the others have involved something going wrong in-game: items disappearing, hitched horses unhitching and dropping dead, gifts depleting.  In every single case the answer was pretty much "nothing we can do about it.".  Not that this is relevant to this thread, but just as nobody should be attacking staff, likewise don't falsely elevate them either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Yes.  I think I have raised maybe 6 or 7 support tickets.  One was to recover my horses from someone else's cart and was sorted promptly.  One was to move an abandoned boat and I was told to get my mayor to ticket it instead - done and sorted.  All of the others have involved something going wrong in-game: items disappearing, hitched horses unhitching and dropping dead, gifts depleting.  In every single case the answer was pretty much "nothing we can do about it.".  Not that this is relevant to this thread, but just as nobody should be attacking staff, likewise don't falsely elevate them either.

No is still an answer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beanbag said:

Wurm has always had vocal segments of the community that behave as spoiled children and waste no opportunity to whinge.

This is just more of the same old stuff.

7 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

No is still an answer.

You sure you're above the fray? Nice trolling though. The majority of the community has spoken and staff has responded. Onward and upward hopefully soon. 

4 hours ago, Beanbag said:

No is still an answer.

It wasn't "no" it was "can't help" and even if "No" is still an answer - it isn't sorting the issue.  Particularly as at least 3 (from memory) were related to the same thing happening and the response for the first of those "We can't fix it for you, but don't worry; it is so rare that it is sure to never happen again" (or words to that effect).

Edited by TheTrickster

Watched this today, and felt the following quote was extremely applicable to Wurm Online right now.

Spoiler

At 2:34:10, the following quote from Chris Wilson, CEO of Grinding Gear Games:

I think that this dialogue is really important, because it's so easy for us to just; A. assume that we're right; and B. get on with making the game and claim we're busy and not just kind of pretend the players are complaining because the players always complain and not really address the issues. But we've realized that we need to actually have an open dialogue in front of the community with thousands of people watching and solicit feedback and make sure that we're pushing the game in the right direction, and be held accountable for that. We'll have the equivalent of this talk in 3 months when 3.16 comes out and if there's things here that I've promised that there's been no movement on, we'll have a discussion about why. Some of them good reasons, some of them bad reasons, but hopefully a lot of this stuff will be getting better league by league so that more people have stuff they really enjoy in the game.

For context, the most recent update for Path of Exile upset a lot of players. Instead of ignoring the concerns of players and working on the next update in silence, they've set up community events (like being on podcasts and guests on streams) where they can explain their thought process and have an open dialogue with their community.

Wurm Online's development team could learn a valuable lesson from this. Contact a content creator in the community and set up a time to get a developer to join them on stream and discuss what's going on with the game. Chris Wilson was reading comments directly from their internal issue tracker to ensure that players were aware that they were addressing their concerns, with a very clear cost to future marketing. Wurm Online is currently in a similar state where this type of thing would be the best move to settle community concerns.

• Like 13

Rolf I recall sometimes did this, but  very rarely. Would be nice to have an open dialogue to the devs to understand their vision for wurm and its future. 

Does anyone else feel this is too little too late?

I personally feel the damage is done now, just about everyone I knew in game has pretty much left. 

Hope I am wrong but with steam release the staff where very positive, open and it seemed we were about to turn a corner and wurm really take off.

a year later just feels like it was a little honey to get one last cash grab as it went to pot very quickly and only after the remain loyal ( could be said too loyal ) players got a little upset did we get Dev response.

saying new stuff coming soon, we understand your concerns now sounds like a knee jerk reaction to people being upset.

No staff should ever be abused, but we as paying players can vote with our wallets and that what it seems has happened, no arguing the player base has reduced.

Edited by Badvoc
  • Like 6

We asked for Information regarding the future work on the AH patch. What is intended, what is a bug. Is there a vision how it should work?

What did we get?

A shield skin as distraction (as I see it) and still no more Information.

As it is now 11 weeks after the patch that broke AH I feel neither my time nor my money I did invest in the game is respected anymore and so I (as many others) move on to other games. When all you have left to vote with is your money after you feel unheard you shoulder your pack and go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elentari said:

Rolf I recall sometimes did this, but  very rarely. Would be nice to have an open dialogue to the devs to understand their vision for wurm and its future. 

He used to answer questions on IRC but the trolls just spammed chat and he would just leave discouraged because no one took it seriously. Rolf pretty much got trolled out of his own game IMO. 

I think it is a great idea for there to be more communication, but given the past year and just the overall status of the real world I feel that people should expect delays or little update in their hobby. I'm an avid trap shooter and it is nearly impossible to find any shotgun shells or loading materials. I understand that the Wurm staff don't work in the same room or same country for that matter and people think it shouldn't have any hold on what gets done, but it does. My point is that patience should be more present in real life and in Wurm, whats going on with the pandemic and just overall life has literally slowed or stopped everyones personal life.

Yes, a podcast or youtube video would be great bi-monthly to fill everyone in whats going on and maybe have a section for questions to be posted for each podcast and Devs or whomever can pick from those to speak on. 

Calm le utters big doggies, we'll get there.

• Like 2

The post by enki was kind of amusing, but also not at all what needed to be posted. Vague and threatening posts like that won't solve anything- you aren't clarifying what people are doing that you consider harrassment, you aren't clarifying what the behavior is that you don't approve of- you're just trying to intimidate whatever group you intend to ban and already know the 'names' of while simultaneously threatening every other player.

I'm a pretty big proponent of criticizing the devs and GM's for sure- but that's the extent of it. I don't go out of my way to look up personal details of the staff's lives to poke fun at them (which I know has been done). I don't even name devs unless  I think they're doing a good job- mostly because I barely even know who all the devs that still work on the game actually are- that's how poor the communication is!

Keenan's post as marginally better but it still comes off as an excuse to me and as a "Just wait, updates are coming!" which has been done repeatedly over the years, time and time again. Update us, each month, on exactly what's been done. Talk to us about the future of the game. Tell us what your vision is. Otherwise, none of this helps anything, even though I appreciate Keenan's effort to try and say something.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bekador said:

What did we get?

A shield skin as distraction (as I see it) and still no more Information.

The skins have definitely been set at monthly and it would be surprising if something like this, that takes creativity but little-to-no development, was not already decided at least a few months in advance.

The skin wasn't a distraction - although I do think that there has been some inconsistency in how they are announced.  It was just that there was very little else included.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:13 AM, Badvoc said:

Does anyone else feel this is too little too late?

out.png?width=1007&height=566

yes

• Like 1