Sign in to follow this  
Zuelatak

Please do this more

@Pandalet Thank you for this.

This to me is the kind of transparency we all want. Updates about what our developers are up to, so we at least know they aren't just dead. If something isn't going to be done because of something in RL then so be it. It's your choice how much you work on this game, but it feels unfair for us subscribers to not get to not know how much that is.

Edited by Zuelatak
  • Like 7

I feel like im getting the epic server version of the forum 😭

oh wait maybe archaed is getting the special instructions version for those who need a little more help 😜

Edited by SmeJack

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I feel like im getting the epic server version of the forum 😭

oh wait maybe archaed is getting the special instructions version for those who need a little more help 😜

Less zooming more clicking. 

anyways, moot now. 

Edited by Archaed

Just now, Archaed said:

Less zooming more clicking. 

anyways, moot now. 

None of that shows me what you showed in your screen shot? my forum doesn't look like your forum

Just now, SmeJack said:

None of that shows me what you showed in your screen shot? my forum doesn't look like your forum

It's two screenshots

Sorry for the confusion lol. I was more trying to show the points

+1 we all need all the excuses we can get

I'm sorry, but In disagree, that was not nearly enough. It maybe could have been before they came to situation that pitchforks are out because of it. If you know things are gonna get slow, announce it, reminds us as much as you can, if you know you ###### up, be open about it, so we don't become angry mob.

Saying we are looking into doesn't justify that update was a disaster. Don't wanna be rude, but have to put it this way, this game seriously needs some expirienced game designer because no offence to developers your game design abilities sucks, it's just adding random ###### just for the sake of adding ######. An honest what we messed up post and what are problems we are looking into from developers would be a good start, but I doubt they are capable for it. The things you are looking into are just gonna patch up some dissatisfaction that is already watered down by time(who is gone it's not gonna complain anymore, its just us few lunatics who continue to play this game untill we don't) untill the next disaster.

This requires some serious discussion of whats wrong with us, before "looking into". Honestly don't know how you plan to fix design so bad at it's core and planning it to be good without redoing it from the start 

• Like 2

Tail end of that thread was just distilled cringe.  Yes things could have been done better by the devs, but the sheer lack of empathy being shown made me gag (if only because it was the first time I agreed with Archaed on a thread).

There are few good reasons for the dev teams actions; turns out they had one of those few good reasons.  Enough said, time to wait things out.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Tail end of that thread was just distilled cringe.  Yes things could have been done better by the devs, but the sheer lack of empathy being shown made me gag (if only because it was the first time I agreed with Archaed on a thread).

There are few good reasons for the dev teams actions; turns out they had one of those few good reasons.  Enough said, time to wait things out.

Yes, but players emotions could be cooled down with one sentence placed in announcements, in which they would write, whether it is a matter of days, weeks or month+.

Even saying that "something" is going to happen in a month+ would cause anticipation and excitement among many players, and the lack of such information causes only negative emotions.

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

I completely agree with what you said there, and that thread indeed took a really disgusting turn.

Though I also feel that the devs handled the expectations of players pretty badly. If they had simply mentioned earlier in an announcement (so not only in some random topic) what Pandalet mentioned in that reply then people would have known that things would be slow for a bit, it would have corrected their expectations. It would have staved off the pessimism, negative emotions, etc. Just let us know, without going into details (so exactly like what was in Pandalet's reply there, RL issues + vacations + AH still being worked on), it can only help. There's really no good reason not to say anything in a situation like this!

The entire reason things were going negative/toxic is because of the complete radio silence since the last bugfix nearly 2 months ago, while we're still sitting with a big, somewhat broken, update.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ecrir said:

I completely agree with what you said there, and that thread indeed took a really disgusting turn.

Though I also feel that the devs handled the expectations of players pretty badly. If they had simply mentioned earlier in an announcement (so not only in some random topic) what Pandalet mentioned in that reply then people would have known that things would be slow for a bit, it would have corrected their expectations. It would have staved off the pessimism, negative emotions, etc. Just let us know, without going into details (so exactly like what was in Pandalet's reply there, RL issues + vacations + AH still being worked on), it can only help. There's really no good reason not to say anything in a situation like this!

The entire reason things were going negative/toxic is because of the complete radio silence since the last bugfix nearly 2 months ago, while we're still sitting with a big, somewhat broken, update.

Couldnt agree more If I tried. I dont want a full report with every single detail on each situation. A simple "hey guys, we have something going on and we cant go as fast as we would like, please understand". Thats it, just break the radio silence, thats all we wanted. Is it really that difficult to understand? is it really that hard to do? One sentence.

As kochinac mentioned, now its late. This situation, plus the post from Enki was completly unnecesary and absolutly avoidable. We all are humans, we all have problems and with the exception of a few low empathy players, the rest can understand devs have a life, issues, etc.

• Like 5

I wrote a long note about how hard proper business communication can actually be in practice. Let's skip that and cut to the end.

Great game.  Great work being done here.  Having a blast this past month since coming back after a nice break. Still so much content I haven't even touched.  Take a break if needed but we all know there is nothing else to compare.  This is all I will say on this matter.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2021 at 11:32 PM, kochinac said:

I'm sorry, but In disagree, that was not nearly enough. It maybe could have been before they came to situation that pitchforks are out because of it. If you know things are gonna get slow, announce it, reminds us as much as you can, if you know you ###### up, be open about it, so we don't become angry mob.

Saying we are looking into doesn't justify that update was a disaster. Don't wanna be rude, but have to put it this way, this game seriously needs some expirienced game designer because no offence to developers your game design abilities sucks, it's just adding random ###### just for the sake of adding ######. An honest what we messed up post and what are problems we are looking into from developers would be a good start, but I doubt they are capable for it. The things you are looking into are just gonna patch up some dissatisfaction that is already watered down by time(who is gone it's not gonna complain anymore, its just us few lunatics who continue to play this game untill we don't) untill the next disaster.

This requires some serious discussion of whats wrong with us, before "looking into". Honestly don't know how you plan to fix design so bad at it's core and planning it to be good without redoing it from the start 

The problem with this mentality is in order to get to the place you want to get, steps need to be made. Things just aren't going to magically become how you want over night.

If we truly want it to the point where you are saying, then we need to encourage them when they start to head that direction rather than stomp our feet saying "IT'S NOT ENOUGH". Give them a door to enter rather than slam that door shut in their face when they try.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 3:52 AM, Zuelatak said:

@Pandalet Thank you for this.

This to me is the kind of transparency we all want. Updates about what our developers are up to, so we at least know they aren't just dead. If something isn't going to be done because of something in RL then so be it. It's your choice how much you work on this game, but it feels unfair for us subscribers to not get to not know how much that is.

+1 !

When people say PvP died, well.. they're wrong. It just moved here to the forums.

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 1