Sign in to follow this  
Atndy

Lack of patches and patch notes

Empathy doesn't preclude professionalism. My heart goes out to Demona for her loss and I hope she will one day find her pain easy to bear.

This doesn't change the fact that whomever is in charge of the team (someone in the ownership since they're assumingly calling the shots) should've appointed an interim CM or someone to communicate stuff since we're all on edge about wasting money on a game that isn't seeing any bugfixes, development or issues solved. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 17

It is time to make me community manager, there is gonna be some changes around here.

she gave an explanation to her absence and got attacked seconds later. If a person at work is sick or has days off, do you still expect them to work ? 
Its the "top managements" fault they dont have more then 1 community manager or have their Dev's inform the community manager of what is going on, which it seems they aren't. 
and everyone should know that its very very rarely that you find a developer / programmer that's willing to talk to end users, unless they directly work for them. 😛 

I have worked in Support lines myself and i know what a pain in the @$$ it is, that you have a customer yelling in one ear, while no one further up, gives you any updates in a timely manner and the second you blame management, well then its out the door ;) 

so if you need to freak out at anyone, then it a few steps further up the chain, so the people sitting sucking in our money. :D 

I highly doubt they all just abandon the game from one day to the other, so im sure they are working on issues somewhere, but forgetting to inform the people who has volunteered to be the middle man been the angry mob and the silent nerds :D  

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 4

Just now, denully said:

she gave an explanation to her absence and got attacked seconds later. If a person at work is sick or has days off, do you still expect them to work ? 
Its the "top managements" fault they dont have more then 1 community manager or have their Dev's inform the community manager of what is going on, which it seems they aren't. 
and everyone should know that its very very rarely that you find a developer / programmer that's willing to talk to end users, unless they directly work for them. 😛 

I have worked in Support lines myself and i know what a pain in the @$$ it is, that you have a customer yelling in one ear, while no one further up, gives you any updates in a timely manner and the second you blame management, well then its out the door ;) 

so if you need to freak out at anyone, then it a few steps further up the chain, so the people sitting sucking in our money. :D 

I highly doubt they all just abandon the game from one day to the other, so im sure they are working on issues somewhere, but forgetting to inform the people who has volunteered to be the middle man been the angry mob and the silent nerds :D  

No excuses for anyone since I didn't get any, I didn't get to go to 3 family funerals last year cause of this lame overblown covid crap. I also have been customer support for both tax related stuff and xbox customer support, you learn to grow a backbone when you take up a responsibility. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, denully said:

Difference. We are paying for this game. We have Lost Months Of Prem Time With No Updates Or Bug Fixes. People Are Explioting And Nothing Is Getting Done About It. GM Tickets Are Taking Months To Get Settled.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jeston said:

No excuses for anyone since I didn't get any, I didn't get to go to 3 family funerals last year cause of this lame overblown covid crap. I also have been customer support for both tax related stuff and xbox customer support, you learn to grow a backbone when you take up a responsibility. 

Your backbone is not going to get you information out of thin air ;)  

3 minutes ago, denully said:

Which is it, was she working or was she having an excused absence? Almost all of her posts are vague and/or contradictory.

The lack of clarity is what I'm complaining about. Even in the post where she announces stepping down she's deliberately ambiguous about when she did so.

If you cannot speak clearly and maintain a consistent message you have no business being in a communication role.

• Like 5

wasnt the whole purpose of redoing the community relations/whatever role into what it currently is was so that we didn't run into these situations? the whole purpose that was stated was to make it a fluid role so it could be easily filled

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Difference. We are paying for this game. We have Lost Months Of Prem Time With No Updates Or Bug Fixes. People Are Explioting And Nothing Is Getting Done About It. GM Tickets Are Taking Months To Get Settled.

fully agree, but its still not CM's who run the show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, denully said:

fully agree, but its still not CM's who run the show. 

Multiple things can be true at the same time. There can be multiple problems with different people responsible for each in varying combinations.

The Devs coded a poorly thought out patch.

Some unknown party refused to allow it to be fixed in a reasonable way.

Demona was given nothing to pass on to angry customers by the people above her.

None of that is her fault. That does not absolve her of posting messages that contradict each other, going completely silent or any of the other things we're specifically blaming her for.

No don't you see, all the various roles within a dev team actually are just made up words of "I should be working in whatever bothers you specifically at this moment" 

As for anyone who says "YoU nEeD a BaCkBoNe" should be tarred and feathered, that's speaking as someone with more experience dealing with this community than anyone else here. 

Demona, you got handed a pretty rough start, and I want you to know that I think you killed it on social media, and with the news. You didn't always get to share the information about things, but I know that's not on you. 

Take your time, rest and recover, look after yourself, wurm is waiting. 

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 4

Just now, Archaed said:

wurm is waiting

for who? for people that are leaving?

• Like 2

Just now, Archaed said:

As for anyone who says "YoU nEeD a BaCkBoNe" should be tarred and feathered. 

Can you please not do that word type it's making fun of people that are mentally challenged.

Just now, Archaed said:

Well that's not very tolerant of you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archaed said:

No don't you see, all the various roles within a dev team actually are just made up words of "I should be working in whatever bothers you specifically at this moment" 

And that's speaking as someone with more experience dealing with this community than anyone else here. 

Demona, you got handed a pretty rough start, and I want you to know that I think you killed it on social media, and with the news. You didn't always get to share the information about things, but I know that's not on you. 

Take your time, rest and recover, look after yourself, wurm is waiting. 

nobody *should* be blaming demona, she got handed a ###### show and handled it well

the community is blaming the entire staff team all the way up to the ceo for underperformance and failure to deliver for a paid product/service

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 10

Just now, platinumteef said:

the community is blaming the entire staff team all the way up to the ceo for underperformance and failure to deliver for a paid product/service

exacly that right here

19 hours ago, Synjor said:

They may ignore the forums but they can't ignore money. If you're unhappy with things, make yourself heard with your wallet. Stop paying

Problem is some of us want this game to survive still :P

47 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

im personally sorry to hear this  - i thought you were doing an amazing job. Any idea what will become of that deed contest? (such a good idea btw!) When will we hear results?

So am i, there are no word to say that can even come close

This threads seeing more active players than the game right now...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

nobody *should* be blaming demona, she got handed a ###### show and handled it well

Then take it up with samool, the product manager. 

Just now, Archaed said:

who?

• Like 1

tell me how we are supposed to take it up to anybody if there aint nobody around...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

who?

The one who decides what updates are focused on, what content comes out, and what information is shared with the players. 

1 minute ago, platinumteef said:

who?

know what really pisses me off? he logged in 10hrs ago but hasn't made a reply to a thread since 17th of july

1 minute ago, Archaed said:

Well his last post on the forums was almost 2 months ago too, doesnt seem like he's managing the product tbh