Sign in to follow this  
Atndy

Lack of patches and patch notes

Even the Info that she gets no info (from above) would be telling wouldn't it?

Keeping silence makes you part of the problem and hints you are in agreement with the silence and the status quo.

„qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit atque potuit“

Edited by Bekador

20 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

No, I think that is a little unfair.  The CM is not responsible for content development, or even generating the information about it.    What if the old one left due to lack of information to pass on?  That is not something an incoming CM is going to really going to have a good handle on for some time.  

Did a stint as an assistant PR manager, a lifetime ago, part of the contract is that you can't communicate stuff that isn't pre-approved. It's not her fault, plain and simple. It's like being a product safety inspector, if there's no product, there's nothing to inspect. 

14 minutes ago, Bekador said:

Again, even if her title isn't PR manager, her role is similar to one. You can't bash your own company in any posts or communication, it's obvious why. Doesn't matter if you're an intern, volunteer or full time employee.

Sad part is the step in a right direction to fix this is someone from upper management to make a post beginning with "We're sorry, we've screwed up....". Owning up to mistakes in my book gains 1000x more respect than pretending no mistakes were made.  This would humanize the whole situation, since none of us expect perfection, just decency and it would help with mitigating / do damage control on the situation. It happens rarely with companies or institutions nowadays (if ever in history) but anything less than that is not acknowledging the root of the problem. 

At the end of the day, wurmians will vote with their wallets, when prem runs out. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Atndy said:

At the beginning of the year it was said that updates would become monthly. Last update was nearly two months ago. One before that was 3 months. As a paying customer I'm worried about the state of the game and would like some insight on what's going on. I believe all of us have a right to know. Is something being worked on? Why have exploiters stopped getting banned? Getting rather tired of the radio silence when most of us are scared to reprem as it feels wurms shelf life is coming to and end. 

They should just get in the game. We don't seem to have so many problems there, in the game, as on the forums.

Edited by Idlamn

27 minutes ago, Idlamn said:

They should just get in the game. We don't seem to have so many problems there, in the game, as on the forums.

Tell that to anyone who is breeding animals....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bekador said:

<sarcasm>

Yes, cause company representatives are always permitted to publicly criticize their employer.

</sarcasm>

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Archaed said:

Care to share with the rest of the class? Or is this just more throwing out random assumptions based on nothing? 

Posting it would be borderline doxxing. So no, I wont be posting it here.

• Like 1

Didn't the company change hands recently?  If so, new management might be considering different directions for the game.  This would be beyond the control of the developers.  They might be told not to respond to speculations in the forum.  Who knows what's going on...  But, it is certainly unsettling to say the least.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Didn't the company change hands recently?  If so, new management might be considering different directions for the game.  This would be beyond the control of the developers.  They might be told not to respond to speculations in the forum.  Who knows what's going on...  But, it is certainly unsettling to say the least.

Changed hands quite a while ago. I don't want to speculate on what the devs might have been told or not but there isn't any world where you have a subscription model business and you ignore your customers that leads to a good business outcome or practice.

If we'd have a magazine-monthly subscription service for example, and the last magazine arrived 40 days ago with half its pages missing then you didn't hear anything from said service this month, would you think twice about cancelling that subscription? 

• Like 6

It's a sad statement that I'm feeling more confidant of server longevity on WU servers than WO. I don't think there is any single reason I feel this way but the seeming lack of direction and excitement of the game by it's owner/management/dev team certainly play its part. That, coupled with what feels like a mass exodus of players and deeds on all the servers has me questioning if the game will be standing this time next year. Sad as I really enjoy Wurm. All that to say I don't believe it simply just lack of patches or patch notes, but something that runs deeper and will be harder to fix.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Idlamn said:

my alliance chat went from normal everyday nonsense to pretty damn negative in game since the AH update came out. if its not the breeders angry and upset then its the non breeders who are upset and dont want to travel because even after I imped everyones carts to 80 as soon as you have any real load in it you are slow enough a troll is going to kill you. it wasnt just the breeders whos qol is lowered by the patch.

and I am ingame more then I am in the forums. trade was scrolling damn fast for the first week of the patch. now its common for it to go an hour with the same 3 people plugging their forum shop. ingame is more effected then you seem to think it is. granted we have 3 breeders 2 that have shops in the alliance out of some 30 odd people. but no one is happy with the patch. and the breeders are tired. do you know how many times I have had to link the patch notes? had to explain no sorry I dont have good stock to sell even my breedable good stock is giving worse and worse animals.

very few players read the patch notes when they hit the browser let alone come from the forums. I came back to the game for the AH update. I regret it. also I swear by god that the lifespans on animals have been shorted by a solid third for horses. I have venerables dieing of old age a week to 2 weeks after hitting that life stage. use to take a month to two months. I have breeding stock that is literally dieing before I can get a usable foal or bison from them. almost all of my bison at this point have died of old age. I gave up on them.

I am glad you are not seeing the effects as much in game. but you also are not seeing the silent majority that once they hit this brick wall they leave without comment. most of us here are invested in wanting things to get better.

I am honestly tired of the various attitudes of "it doesnt effect me so I dont care, get over it" that keeps popping up regularly from non breeders and people that managed to care for their animals so things didnt change as much for them. 

it IS a problem in game. I am glad you dont seem to care or see it as an issue grats on it not effecting you but at least respect the fact it is effecting others and not just here in the forums either.

I am sick to death of apologizing to people in game that come to me because I use to sell them horses and bison and come to port crescendo in general asking ask if we are selling "good 5 speed horses!" and having to explain the absolute dumpster fire that has been this patch to them. Players shouldnt have to be the ones carrying on the CA's and dev's job of F-ing informing players ingame on wtf is suddenly wrong with their carts/wagons/animals.  If I didnt give them an answer I feel guilty because they are getting screwed over and dont understand why bare minimum I can at least explain why I just shouldnt need to. A dev by now should have at least set up a known bugs list and and a list of things being tweeked. That at least i could link to someone without having to spend half an hour going over all the ways the patch notes are not accurate and which traits seem to not be working or working in all the worst possible ways.

I cant just link the patch notes and call it a day. Almost none of it is working as stated and it feels like I am just lieing to them if I just link it and not explain.

any way. this has been your neighborhood causal breeder rant. Enjoy the rest of the day.

edit I have one 4 speed stud and 2 4 draft studs set up ( the only adult breedable 4 traits I have atm) for the entire alliance to use for almost 3 weeks now. this week is the first time in a month that any of them are seeing 3traits at all and they are heavily using those studs. and its been like 4 animals between them. between us we have close to 50 pregnant horses any given day and that doesnt include cows and bison. we are brute forcing the numbers enough that we can sell some of the 4speed stock. but none of us is selling the female draft horses and we are using the males as studs and for carts we literally cant shoot ourselves in the foot and potentially failing to get more by selling them.

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Yserin said:

very few players read the patch notes when they hit the browser let alone come from the forums. I came back to the game for the AH update. I regret it. also I swear by god that the lifespans on animals have been shorted by a solid third for horses. I have venerables dieing of old age a week to 2 weeks after hitting that life stage. use to take a month to two months. I have breeding stock that is literally dieing before I can get a usable foal or bison from them. almost all of my bison at this point have died of old age. I gave up on them.

nah.. it's just the part where you haven't been able to breed new 5sp to refill the lowering numbers in your stock and last survivors start to die.. that's why you notice it now; if you had the old way to clone 5sp traited horses/bisons, you'd not care at all if half have died.. in such a time you'd restock with new foals, they'll grow and keep the cycle 'healthy'

--edit

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Thanks

Edited by Finnn

22 minutes ago, Finnn said:

nah.. it's just the part where you haven't been able to breed new 5sp to refill the lowering numbers in your stock and last survivors start to die.. that's why you notice it now; if you had the old way to clone 5sp traited horses/bisons, you'd not care at all if half have died.. in such a time you'd

I have always payed attention to the lifespans even before this patch. I literally counted the days to breedable because I helped supply the rest of the alliance with breeding stock.I needed to keep track of the ones that went venerable so if I wanted the color to stick around I would switch my focus to them. I occasionally lost animals to old age before getting them to give me a horse in the color I wanted from them with the stats I wanted. For whatever reason my appaloosa's gave me skewbald regularly and my ebony gave me bloodbay and blacksilver usually 1/3 times the color didnt match which was more then workable and reasonable hard to get new colors if the pairs didnt occasionally give one that didnt match. The annoying bit was trying to get female horses. most of them came out male xD I usually passed those on or sold them also not all horses were clones it wasnt common. but it did happen that some of them would come out 4 traits instead of 5. but the traits were at least usable for breeding purposes.

I rotated my care for on the animals I needed to keep around that hadnt yet given me enough females to be comfortable loosing one to old age. I cant realistically do that now. There are to many and they are dieing much faster and I am not the only one talking about it. hell there is a couple posts floating round Demona even stated that the animals were dieing before they should for no apparent reason and its one of the things they were "working on". :P I mean you have seen my spread sheet that I have linked a few times now I absolutely keep track of ages. I have horses born from after the patch that are already old or venerable. that is def shorter.

this is one of those situations I think that its not a bug. they gave us the rare immortal trait for animals. I would be surprised if they didnt decide to "balance" that by making the venerable stage shorter. much like they added draft traits that give a bonus when all the animals on the wagon/cart have them means getting a bonus speed boost. But they nuked vehicle speed at the same time. so technically it would break even with the old speeds. but thats not how its working right now since that would require the traits to be working as intended. its stupid.

Edited by Yserin
clarity and typos

First up, I apologise for the lack of communication lately.  Several people within the dev team have had RL things that needed dealing with.  It is also holiday season in Europe, which has others away currently.  I appreciate that none of this is the player base's problem, and it's not the way we would have liked things to work out, but hopefully that provides some context.

The dev team is aware of the AH issues, and they are being looked at.  I don't have a timescale for a fix at this stage.

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

The dev team is aware of the AH issues,

What are the issues? What can we expect will change compared to today?

It would be wonderful to know what the devs consider as bugs and issues, before I kill all the horses that I would suddenly need after a "fix". Horse breeding is not like imping hatchets, where you go "Oh I need to use water now instead of a pelt after this patch? Hmm wonder if I can find water anywhere". It literally takes 3 months to get back to horses that I maybe killed yesterday.

Edited by CistaCista
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

The dev team is aware of the AH issues, and they are being looked at.  I don't have a timescale for a fix at this stage.

thanks appreciate the we are not dead just busy update

edit is it possible to get this as a statement posted in the the website news section since that is were most people are going to check first for potential updates on whats going on. rather than in one of these many forum discussions going on.

edit edit. or even better in have it as part of the login text so people that dont come into the forums also get a hey we are still around there is just a delay. not sure if thats in your power. we see twitch events get announced in event regularly when they happen so I am hoping something can be added to ingame as a update for non forum goers. saves me some mental energy and time ingame.

Also I get this part is a suggestion and probably not a realistic one but if there is a patch and it also be part of the login announcement for a couple days with a link to the patch thread? I know its redundant when its also in the launcher but that would provide an ingame reminder that something has been patched or changed.

Edited by Yserin
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

First up, I apologise for the lack of communication lately.  Several people within the dev team have had RL things that needed dealing with.  It is also holiday season in Europe, which has others away currently.  I appreciate that none of this is the player base's problem, and it's not the way we would have liked things to work out, but hopefully that provides some context.

This isnt good enough. I know you guys aren't paid but to sit and just watch the game fizzle out is rather savage. If they were going to take a vacation they could have atleast rolled back their disgusting changes.

Also what does the devs not being here atm have to do with the last two big updates being a dumpster fire?

Edited by Atndy
  • Like 3

I wasn't frustrated at people. I was frustrated myself about the update. And yes I have been absent due to IRL being absolutely insane, grieving the death of a good friend, and dealing with mental health issues. 

• Like 5

Excuses are not information.

Everybody has extenuating circumstances in their lives, but life must go on, especially when money is changing hands.

The very minimum you owe your paying customers is actual information.

What is working as intended, what isn't working. What you think you can fix, what you're not likely to fix. Some realistic time frame on actually fixing it.

A more appropriate response would be to immediately revert the patch until you actually get around to testing it.

Obviously none of this is going to happen or it would have done so already. The fact that you won't even consider any of these things is why you're losing player base as our long term premiums run out.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DemonaNightshade said:

I wasn't frustrated at people. I was frustrated myself about the update. And yes I have been absent due to IRL being absolutely insane, grieving the death of a good friend, and dealing with mental health issues. 

I'm sorry for your loss but it's honestly not our problem. You should have put someone else up instead of giving everyone radio silence. I personally don't think you are suitable for your position if you cannot make decisions as simple as. "I have a family emergency can someone step in for me."

• Like 10

I was not on a holiday, thanks. That would be much more pleasant than what I have been dealing with. 

• Like 3

And on a side note, I already have stepped down as community manager. Even before all of this. 

4 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

And on a side note, I already have stepped down as community manager. Even before all of this. 

im personally sorry to hear this  - i thought you were doing an amazing job. Any idea what will become of that deed contest? (such a good idea btw!) When will we hear results?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dinant said:

Excuses are not information.

Everybody has extenuating circumstances in their lives, but life must go on, especially when money is changing hands.

The very minimum you owe your paying customers is actual information.

What is working as intended, what isn't working. What you think you can fix, what you're not likely to fix. Some realistic time frame on actually fixing it.

A more appropriate response would be to immediately revert the patch until you actually get around to testing it.

Obviously none of this is going to happen or it would have done so already. The fact that you won't even consider any of these things is why you're losing player base as our long term premiums run out.

Holy ###### have some ###### empathy 

• Like 21
  • Cat 1