Sign in to follow this  
Atndy

Lack of patches and patch notes

jup, cant even get gm / dev responses on game breaking exploits n bugs these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

good old on hold for 3 weeks straight

• Like 2

If you have a look back at 2019 in the Website News Forum you will see alot of topics where it is patches or new stuff being added to the game.  Sometimes 2 or 3 in 1 month!

We don't even get the bug patches now.... Are there less devs now or is real life maybe taking up more of their time and they have less time to work on wurm?

I mean, they planned out some bigger design changes.  Like An exploration update and also in the future being able to build on the water with Piers.    Though yeah....The normal thing of "We have stuff planned and it is going to be a great surprise!"  er.....The Majority of the people here I would say are older people who have tech backgrounds or would much prefer the details up front. 

It just more so feels like something that is for teenagers the keeping in the dark thing.  I mean, how many people like it when there is something wrong with the servers and Keenan?  Is that his name...I forgot....He posts full details on what is happening and then also gives a tech run down of what went wrong.  People love that I would say.   That is communication done right. 

We are here to help.  The only reason why there is so much anger or memes or what have you is because there are no straight answers.  No true details.  Just darkness....

6 hours ago, Egard said:

Rolf's on vacation 

wish notch would just buy wurm sometimes

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oOspeedstylerOo said:

jup, cant even get gm / dev responses on game breaking exploits n bugs these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

good old on hold for 3 weeks straight

I've been waiting on LCM reply for just over a month now. Which is funny, since any disputes or issues are meant to go through that channel.

18 minutes ago, Zexos said:

If you have a look back at 2019 in the Website News Forum you will see alot of topics where it is patches or new stuff being added to the game.  Sometimes 2 or 3 in 1 month!

We don't even get the bug patches now.... Are there less devs now or is real life maybe taking up more of their time and they have less time to work on wurm?

I mean, they planned out some bigger design changes.  Like An exploration update and also in the future being able to build on the water with Piers.    Though yeah....The normal thing of "We have stuff planned and it is going to be a great surprise!"  er.....The Majority of the people here I would say are older people who have tech backgrounds or would much prefer the details up front. 

It just more so feels like something that is for teenagers the keeping in the dark thing.  I mean, how many people like it when there is something wrong with the servers and Keenan?  Is that his name...I forgot....He posts full details on what is happening and then also gives a tech run down of what went wrong.  People love that I would say.   That is communication done right. 

We are here to help.  The only reason why there is so much anger or memes or what have you is because there are no straight answers.  No true details.  Just darkness....

Keenan does his job nicely (keeping servers going) but its up to the other devs to push and develop Wurm, he isn't the PR guy but still does his best in terms of server issues reporting. Sadly he seems to be the only one that posts anything regularly.

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zexos said:

news used to be bi-weekly... eventually that changed to once a month, seems like that gives people a wee-bit too much time for people to grow theories for updates

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

news used to be bi-weekly... eventually that changed to once a month, seems like that gives people a wee-bit too much time for people to grow theories for updates

This is no a theory at all, update frequency was way better before the steam launch and especially before game chest took the reigns on stuff. What happened to all that money from steam launch? The new holding company probably pocketed most of it and gave the devs meager sum. I am now starting to wonder if most of the devs have been told to just maintain the game more or less.

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeston said:

I am now starting to wonder if most of the devs have been told to just maintain the game more or less.

Been obvious for quite some time, yeah

Nobody sane works over the summer holidays.  ( You don't want sand in your keyboard and ice-cream down your laptop screen).

Hope to see an update when the kids go back in Sep. ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sindusk said:

There are very strong indicators (beyond the lack of patches) that all development for Wurm Online has halted. Completely.

Care to share with the rest of the class? Or is this just more throwing out random assumptions based on nothing? 

38 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Care to share with the rest of the class? Or is this just more throwing out random assumptions based on nothing? 

Well, when there's zero communication/interaction, fewer and fewer updates, no much-needed fixes on horribly broken systems, no contest winner announcements, no steam anniversary acknowledgement, with a game already in decline, in an age where healthy games have constant dev interaction with player base, it's not unreasonable to draw some bad conclusions. You disagree??

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MordosKull said:

Well, when there's zero communication/interaction, sparse updates, no much-needed fixes on horribly broken systems, no contest winner announcements, no steam anniversary acknowledgement, in an age where healthy games have constant dev interaction with player base, it's not unreasonable to draw some bad conclusions. You disagree??

I do disagree, because that is not a strong indicator that development has ceased, and makes zero sense. 

On the other hand, we have specific discussions about updates being worked on and coming out in the near future via gcg investor relations. 

Communication can be better, and that's an issue of the team working together and supporting each other, but it's not any sign at all of the game ceasing active development. 

6 minutes ago, Archaed said:

I do disagree, because that is not a strong indicator that development has ceased, and makes zero sense. 

On the other hand, we have specific discussions about updates being worked on and coming out in the near future via gcg investor relations. 

Communication can be better, and that's an issue of the team working together and supporting each other, but it's not any sign at all of the game ceasing active development. 

At the very least, it's an indicator of HORRIBLE customer/player relations and acknowledgement, which, in turn, breeds true player/investor concern, whether you agree or not. Lots of concern due to all these circumstances. See comments above.

Also, when you look at dying games. These are all the symptoms - what is happening now. It looks really really bad. Don't fault players for thinking so, if you know something otherwise. Please share if so.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Saying "we are working on something." "We have to get some things together" "We will update soon" How is this anything? I don't understand where you are coming from?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Maybe your prolific discussions should be shared with us investors/players? Then you won't be pained by all of our ridiculous concerns? Transparency solves many problems.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MordosKull said:

Maybe your prolific discussions should be shared with us investors/players? Then you won't be pained by all of our ridiculous concerns? Transparency solves many problems.

Wat

Oh, I mean the Royal we. Gcg monthly updates available via their investor relations page mentions upcoming updates to the game, because they for some reason think that's how announcements need to go. 

That's all I meant. 

Edited by Archaed

4 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Oh, I mean the Royal we. Gcg monthly updates available via their investor relations page mentions upcoming updates to the game, because they for some reason think that's how announcements need to go. 

Now it's "they". You said "we" above, as if you were a part of the discussions. Again, transparency is a good thing. Thanks for making that more clear. 

Just now, MordosKull said:

Now it's "they". You said "we" above, as if you were a part of the discussions. Again, transparency is a good thing. Thanks for making that more clear. 

Yes, by we I was indicating us, the players. 

They may ignore the forums but they can't ignore money. If you're unhappy with things, make yourself heard with your wallet. Stop paying

Just now, Synjor said:

They may ignore the forums but they can't ignore money. If you're unhappy with things, make yourself heard with your wallet. Stop paying

Doesn't work when all my accounts are a year+ on prem xD

If there are plans being posted elsewhere, maybe the new company of ownership should do everyone a service here, where Wurm communications have always taken place, and publicly say, hey, here's our website, here's where info is being posted from now on. That could be a smart move if they care. Apparently, I'm not the only one feeling in the dark.

I believe Finn told me once where to find the website, then I weeded through all the other stuff there and found an intro to Wurm and didn't see anything else useful. Got a link, Archaed? I truly would like to read something that, in some slight way, reassures that the game isn't in terrible trouble, forgotten by the devs, and dying.

Edited by MordosKull

Well, it isn't because of "summer holiday"

From GCG's June news for invesstors;

In conclusion, I would like to wish all shareholders and partners a very wonderful summer! We at Game Chest drive on and take advantage of this low season to improve and give our customers a happy return ”- Robin Bäcklund, CEO.

This was in May's;

In May, the company laid a foundation and intensified the development of the company's game Wurm Online. The game will undergo major content updates but will also be launched towards additional markets and platforms.

"Launched towards additional markets and platforms."  Sounds like the consumers are in fact more like consumables. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

I never thought I'll ever say that but I actually miss Retro. At least when he was the community manager we had some idea about whats going on.
To me it seems like the next valrei international (are we even getting those anymore?) is gonna be a "Goodbye" post, announcing the closing of the Wurm Servers.

The new community manager needs to go and they need to get retro back if they do plan on keeping the game open.

I thought it was odd I have not seen a valrei international also.

As my old teacher used to say "truth is proof", and while Archaed's rhetoric may sound convincing, there is no evidence to support it.  In summary

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

Care to share with the rest of the class?

---

2 hours ago, MordosKull said:

I truly would like to read something that, in some slight way, reassures that the game isn't in terrible trouble, forgotten by the devs, and dying.

This is about where the majority of players are at the moment; everyone is running on hope, and from the tone of the posts here, the evidence suggests that it is fast turning to despair.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, borel84 said:

The new community manager needs to go and they need to get retro back if they do plan on keeping the game open.

No, I think that is a little unfair.  The CM is not responsible for content development, or even generating the information about it.    What if the old one left due to lack of information to pass on?  That is not something an incoming CM is really going to have a good handle on for some time.  

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 5