Sign in to follow this  
Atndy

Lack of patches and patch notes

At the beginning of the year it was said that updates would become monthly. Last update was nearly two months ago. One before that was 3 months. As a paying customer I'm worried about the state of the game and would like some insight on what's going on. I believe all of us have a right to know. Is something being worked on? Why have exploiters stopped getting banned? Getting rather tired of the radio silence when most of us are scared to reprem as it feels wurms shelf life is coming to and end. 

Edited by Atndy
  • Like 20

5 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Last update was nearly two months ago.

and still not working properly

• Like 6

Agreed, we're getting nothing from the developers - like they're not even there. The last few posts from the community manager, spanning pretty much 2 months boil down to "sorry for the delay", "there will be a post from the devs soon", "sorry for the delay", "we're working on something", and the said community manager being frustrated at people complaining about a rushed horse update, which made a lot of people quit the game because there doesnt seem to be a fix in sight. I never thought I'll ever say that but I actually miss Retro. At least when he was the community manager we had some idea about whats going on.
We still have pretty serious bugs, animals are randomly dying, horse breeding is still broken, we got exploits going on with tickets being on hold for a month with no response, hell - my tickets are on hold since may!

pInPLMy.png

Not to mention smaller bugs which even if not gamebreaking, are surely a deterrent for the new players.
Nobody knows what's going on, what's being worked on and the last patch notes were posted two months ago. The Wurm Steam anniversary went by without any mention, and all we're getting each month is a skin while the wurm population continues to dwindle. To me it seems like the next valrei international (are we even getting those anymore?) is gonna be a "Goodbye" post, announcing the closing of the Wurm Servers.

• Like 8

One big problem, is that there is no official channel with info. Information is randomly spread thruout, like this post I happened to find just by visiting the posters profile to see if I could find anything there:

On 8/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, DemonaNightshade said:

We are working on something, will have more details soon! Just getting it coordinated :) 

This is only two days ago, so at least there is something in the works, just very hidden and almost impossible to even know about without some clever searching.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drogos said:

One big problem, is that there is no official channel with info. Information is randomly spread thruout, like this post I happened to find just by visiting the posters profile to see if I could find anything there:

This is only two days ago, so at least there is something in the works, just very hidden and almost impossible to even know about without some clever searching.

Dont take that post for anything. Look at the big combat update they hyped up for nearly two years. And the last time time they said that they messed up ah for nearly good. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Drogos said:

One big problem, is that there is no official channel with info.

What you mean? There are #annoucements on Discord and City Hall on forums.

26 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

all we're getting each month is a skin

even this is delayed

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Votip said:

even this is delayed

What I mean is that those channels might exist, but for instance, the post I quoted, was never in the #annoucements on Discord, so alltho the channels might exist, they still lack regular update posts.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Not everybody has the time to search through random posts on the forums to find little bits of information, which for a casual player makes it seem like nothing is happening.

• Like 1

Time to make some skill dumps...

Maybe WU survives WO even while not "officially" worked on. -Sad thought-

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Not everybody has the time to search through random posts on the forums to find little bits of information, which for a casual player makes it seem like nothing is happening.

Even when you do search you get half tuned answers like. "We are working on something."

57 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I never thought I'll ever say that but I actually miss Retro

this is the sad part, but yeah, totally agree with this.

It has been dissaster for quite some time, total silence, overhauls that are not actually overhauls but huge mess and dissapointment. 

Fighting overhaul didn't uphold the announced hype and justified invested time, AH, well let's put it this way, i still use old 5s horses and i'm happy i managed to cared as much of them as i could. it's really a prime example of bad overhaul design, lack of documentation about it, lack of thinking what it might actually bring to the game, useless traits to fill space, randomness, it's terrible.

• Like 7

At least now nobody can say that WU gets less updates than WO anymore.

• Like 11
  • Cat 2

i think they just forgot they are running a game

honestly just forgot

give em some slack

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Drogos said:

some call that stalking

Maybe there's some reorganization, but there's no post with the 5x Ws yet?

Who knows…

1 hour ago, Votip said:

even this is delayed

Does anybody actually use discord?

Edited by Finnn

6 hours ago, Atndy said:

At the beginning of the year it was said that updates would become monthly. Last update was nearly two months ago. One before that was 3 months.

I'd rather have them doing no updates to be honest. As every update mess certain aspect of the game, brings a ton of new bugs and to put the cherry on the cake, they even manage to re-implement old bugs, that were fixed, back into the game in the areas that weren't even updated. Its like specifically trying to make the game worse every time... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

I'd rather have them doing no updates to be honest. As every update mess certain aspect of the game, brings a ton of new bugs and to put the cherry on the cake, they even manage to re-implement old bugs, that were fixed, back into the game in the areas that weren't even updated. Its like specifically trying to make the game worse every time... 

a) Get broken updates and no patchfixes 

or 

b ) Get no communication and no development.... 

Wait...We got both a and b. Is it a choice? 

And we pay for this. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, elentari said:

a) Get broken updates and no patchfixes 

or 

b ) Get no communication and no development.... 

Wait...We got both a and b. Is it a choice? 

And we pay for this. 

I think both go at the same time :D

6 hours ago, Drogos said:

What I mean is that those channels might exist, but for instance, the post I quoted, was never in the #annoucements on Discord, so alltho the channels might exist, they still lack regular update posts.

I've always taken my news from forums because this is the place where they have always been posted. Don't have time to look through FB / discord/ instagram or w/e other channels updates might be posted. Centralize info sharing and that's it. 

• Like 6

Still no contest winners announced. Still no steam anniversary stuffs. Still no animal update fixes. Still no "monthly" updates. Still no communication. 

Are the players all that remain? Not a good feeling about what's happening - TOTAL neglect of the player base.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 6

And all they need to do is to step forward, say a few word on what they are working on and whats the plan for the futur are.(if there are any). Sad

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

And all they need to do is to step forward, say a few word on what they are working on and whats the plan for the futur are.(if there are any). Sad

And reverse the whole messy AH update while they refine it to take out the rng, its almost impossible now to get clean 5 speed or draft horses now. But they never reverse their messes so I do not hold any hope for this game.

its looking pretty grim at this point honestly, feel like we're heading back to the days (not that long ago) of barely a hundred online during my playtimes, or even worse

• Like 2

There are very strong indicators (beyond the lack of patches) that all development for Wurm Online has halted. Completely.

• Like 18